PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(OT) Who's really the worst team of all time?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who would *lose* the "Loser Bowl," if the loser becomes GRONK chow?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst team in NFL history that nobody ever heard of:

Season Results
Lost 13-0
Lost 9-0
Lost 21-3
Lost 16-0
Lost 41-0
Lost 41-7
Lost 38-0
Lost 64-0

Offensive Stats
1.25 Points Per Game (last)
122 Yards Per Game (last)
3.4 Yards Per Play (last)
Passing: 26-88, 248 yards; 0 TD, 14 INT
Rushing: 197 attempts, 731 yards; 3.7 ypc; 1 TD

Defensive Stats
30.4 Points Per Game (last)
313.5 Yards Per Game (last)
6.8 Yards Per Play (last)
Passing: 46-116, 877 yards; 11 TD, 5 INT
Rushing: 255-1631 yards; 6.4 ypc; 19 TD

The 1934 Cincinnati Reds

final point tally 243-10 outscored by 233 points, lmao. The Seabiscuit of the nfl.

The 0-16 Lions...because they were actually trying to WIN games...

The Colts are going to go 0-16 just to get Luck. I still think they're garbage but they should be able to win at least 4-5 games.

The worst team in NFL history that nobody ever heard of:

Season Results
Lost 13-0
Lost 9-0
Lost 21-3
Lost 16-0
Lost 41-0
Lost 41-7
Lost 38-0
Lost 64-0

Offensive Stats
1.25 Points Per Game (last)
122 Yards Per Game (last)
3.4 Yards Per Play (last)
Passing: 26-88, 248 yards; 0 TD, 14 INT
Rushing: 197 attempts, 731 yards; 3.7 ypc; 1 TD

Defensive Stats
30.4 Points Per Game (last)
313.5 Yards Per Game (last)
6.8 Yards Per Play (last)
Passing: 46-116, 877 yards; 11 TD, 5 INT
Rushing: 255-1631 yards; 6.4 ypc; 19 TD

The 1934 Cincinnati Reds

Well, geez, what do you expect to happen when a baseball tries to play football?

The 0-16 Lions...because they were actually trying to WIN games...

The Colts are going to go 0-16 just to get Luck. I still think they're garbage but they should be able to win at least 4-5 games.

that's why i consider Indy the worst in a low down dirty rotten way, maybe there should be two categories, draft pic 1 worst:confused2: and just plain worst.:bricks:

Well, geez, what do you expect to happen when a baseball tries to play football?

Everyone knows that baseballs are TERRIBLE at football.

Has to be the 1990 Patriots. They flat out sucked and won their only game in Week 2 against a crappy Colts team.

Scored 181 points (11.3 per game) and gave up 446 (27.9 per game).

The Pats go 5-11 in 1989 and fire Raymond Berry. They hire Rod Rust and proceed to go 1-15 in 1990. I still feel bad for Rod Rust as he had no business being a HC in the NFL.

Every home game was blacked-out except for the last game against the Giants. It was like a Giants home game at Sullivan Stadium with 70% of the fans cheering for the Giants.

I always thought of the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-14 en route to 26 straight losses) as being the worst team in modern history, and the 1934 Cincinnati Reds (0-8; scored one touchdown and one field goal all season while giving up 243 points) as being the worst team in NFL history.

In 76, Buc's head coach John McKay was asked by the press about his team's execution. His reply "I'd be in favor of it".

Colts of 81 and 82 were really bad.
They were 2-14 in 81 and then 0-8-1 in the strike shortened 82. The tie was the last game of the season against the Packers. In the 83 draft, they picked Elway who refused to sign with them......and at the end of the 83 season, they sneaked out of town in the middle of the night....

Forgot about them signing Collins right

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

2011 Colts - just because they quit and are looking for the supposedly most talented QB since Manning. They're supposed to be a SB contender with Manning and they can't win 1 game without him? BS.

Last edited:
The Lions were embarrassingly bad. I remember watching the first game and being astounded at how terrible they were on D. That team was way out of its depth.

I think it's related to how the Lions are now. I watch them a lot as they my second favourite team and the Pats tend to be on the later game (9.15 UK time) or blacked out.

People talk about the Lions' penalties and over-aggressiveness. I think that's true but Jim Schwartz had a desperately difficult job to turn them into an NFL-level team again. I suspect he has coached them to be really aggressive and to play beyond the whistle and the attitude change in that team is amazing. If he can get them to rein in the excessive stuff (and if he can get Suh to stop being so unnecessarily violent), he'll continue to build a good team there.

This year's Colts are bad but not like the Lions were.

As for the 1990 Pats, I can't comment. The best access I had back then was AFN radio and highlights packages on TV- probably a good thing. :eek:

If the colts are tanking the season for the #1 pick I'd put them at beyond worst,
wouldn't even call them a team, more like a farse, charade, swindle or sham.

curtis painter a QB with only 8 passes thrown in the NFL starts before Orvlovsky who's played a half season and been around the league much longer. makes sense:rolleyes:

I'm sure Polian was dying to beat us and had Oafsky put in to increase their odds.

their preseason stats are both dreadful, painter edged Orvlov out by a spec nothing spectacular. I'd stick with experience over marginal preseason stats if winning was the priority.

worst sham of a team in NFL history:bricks:

Do you realize that you claimed that Polian is tanking on purpose AND that they put Orlovsky because he wanted to win in the same breath?

2011 Colts the fact they have the ability to have done better without Manning there and had zero pride after the poor start. It's also the FO's job for sticking them with a complete scrub at QB but the team should take blame as well. During our game with them it was stated that they haven't led a game since week 5 WEEK 5. That's like 8 weeks man, pathetic and inexcusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News