PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: We broke the Seahawks' spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.

FourierSeries

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I would say more than anything it was bad personnel decisions.

They gutted their OL and paid an aging RB way too much

Should have

#1 Invested in the OL
#2 Let Lynch walk and bring in a good replacement
#3 added to the D.

Wilson is good but within in a certain context. Make sure you give him the #1 D and ask him to create 20 points behind a good OL and he can probably make a few plays.

The Seahawks had a great D and then let it become good. That was a huge mistake.

Shattered their swag, so to speak. Did the same thing to Houston in 2012.

Last edited:
That was actually a pretty sane thread. By their logic, the Jints SB win over us should have sent the Pats into a tailspin, especially after the 2nd freakin time. Instead, we've had a winning record Every. Single. Year. since 2001.

They focus on the last play while forgetting that 10 points down in the 4th QTR to the GREATEST D OF ALL TIME, Tom Freakin Brady put up a comeback 14 points on their asses, while their O did nada.

Should have

#1 Invested in the OL
#3 added to the D.

Wilson is good but within in a certain context. Make sure you give him the #1 D and ask him to create 20 points behind a good OL and he can probably make a few plays.

The Seahawks had a great D and then let it become good. That was a huge mistake.

This is partially true, but even their best defensive players have looked like absolute dog ****. Sherman is barely playing like a top 10 CB.

I think it is just a consequence of winning that you have to overpay some people or move on from them. Most people thoughts we moved on from essential players. In retrospect, it looks like the hawks did not move on from enough. Look what is going on in Denver. Heck, if Welker had made THAT catch, he would probably still be a Patriot (just kidding).

A quality QB on a rookie contract is the biggest gift any team can receive. NE, Seattle,Baltimore all built deep winning teams with the QB savings.

It is painful for me to say this but for the most part, Seattle still has the same awesome athletes however they simply do not play as a team for a full 60 minutes. (Seems familiar since their coach was coaching the Patriots many years ago.) I also believe that teams now have a lot of film and can scheme against the veer/option offense.

This is where the pats excel. They know who to pay and who not to. When to pay them, how to build a team and the philosophy bill preaches. Can't worry about the past. You can learn from it but if you dwell in the past you won't get anywhere.

This is partially true, but even their best defensive players have looked like absolute dog ****. Sherman is barely playing like a top 10 CB.

Michael Floyd beat triple coverage of Sherman, Thomas and Chancellor last night but it was negated for an illegal motion that had nothing to do with him beating them.

Their fans are a bit delusional but to be honest I had more respect for their team than so many of the other teams who have lost to the Pats. Nobody from the Hawks cried about cameras, ball inflation, head sets and they certainly did run back to the competition committee with their panties in a twist. I think there was a lot of mutual respect between the two teams after and guys like Bennett and Sherman have turned 180.

The Hawks are my new #2 most hated team (after the Jets), splitting that spot with the Ravens and Steelers.

One of the more entertaining threads you'll read on an opposing team's forum. They're still feeling the effects of that SB loss.

Seahawks.NET - The Voice of the 12th Man! • View topic - The Legacy Died on the Field in SB 49

Seahawks.NET - The Voice of the 12th Man! • View topic - It broke our damn spirit boys, like Bain.

Reminds me of what we did to the Rams in 2001. They were sure that a new dynasty would be born that night - they just had no idea it was a Patriots dynasty.

"Tonight, a dynasty is born!" —Ricky Proehl, who lost Super Bowl XXXVI with the Rams and XXXVIII with the Panthers :)

Someone in one of those threads wrote, "[Super Bowl 49] The most painful loss any team has endured." Umm.. Super Bowl 42?

It's not even close.

Should have

#1 Invested in the OL
#3 added to the D.

The Seahawks are exhibit A in overvaluing raw stats and undervaluing the 'small' stuff like depth, cohesion, talent in the trenches, etc.

Since they won the Super Bowl, the Seahawks have lost a ton of depth on both lines, they've downgraded to probably the worst OL in football, including a top-3 (when healthy) center. They've also lost a lot of depth in the secondary. But for whatever reason, people don't 'see' the downgrade from 3 really good pass rushers to 2, since the third guy was 'just a backup' and some people apparently don't see the value in rotations that keep guys fresh. These were the things that previously set the Seahawks apart, and now it's gone.

A few years ago, there were a collection of us on this forum saying that we'd see how good Carroll and Schneider really are once they had to pay their franchise guys and draft players that Carroll hadn't been scouting or coaching for/against since they were 17. Can't say I'm shocked at the result so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST