PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Vince Young out in TN

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it just me or does this reflect very badly on fisher? his team doesnt have a qb going into next year now, young had issues but fisher couldnt be the bigger man for the team?

says alot about fisher, for all his crap about being a man when young texted him he conveniently forgot he sacked one of staff on the phone

While I'm not going to champion Fisher I do think that Young is an unintelligent lazy punk with a bad attitude, I look forward to him continuing to fail in the NFL.

Fisher is a horrible coach. Hasnt done a thing since McNair left (locked out?) town. Granted they had one good year with Collins. His players are the dirtiest group around. That he hasnt been able to work with and develop Young is hardly surprising - that calls for innovation of which it appears conclusively he is in short supply. Over the course second half of this he had no idea how to use Moss, considered the most dangerous receiver in NFL and in the process lost 8 of 9 games.

The Tennessee owner would be wise to fire him.

Young is undevelopable and no one knows how to use a $9M diva decoy effectively which is what Moss will find out when he goes job hunting this offseason. Bill found it increasingly unproductive and about to be disruptive to keep trying, which is why he jettisoned him.

sign the beast.

wait, what are we talking about?

The AFC South is a damn joke. Colts were probably just handed another division title over this.

Another big Tits loss.

Used to like Fischer, but lost all respect for him a few years ago for his dirty style coaching, and obviously his team lost the desire to play for him this season. As to Young, you can't start at QB and have the easily injured psyche of a 6 year old girl, never mind the physical durability.

EDIT: apologize for the slam at 6 yr old girls in general

Last edited:
Well I can tell you right now the radio down here is buzzing (here in Nashville anyhow).
To be honest, Fisher really isnt that bad of a coach, but really really look at Nashville's drafting in the last few or more years. Thats whats hurt them, Pacman, Vince Young. Chris Johnson and Kenny Britt are among the few bright spots left on that team.

I'm trying to think of what to say about Vince Young.

I can't think of anything ... nothing to say at all about Vince young.

What about you Vince ... you have anything to say?

340x_vince_young_shirtless_main.jpg

He's thinking ... I'll edit it later if he has something to say.

Last edited:
With Young's emotional issues aside, he plays to win and he has the ability. He is a starting QB in this league, and he will make a difference wherever he goes.

The Titans are 13-5 with Vince Young, and 1-11 with other QB's over the past few seasons.

Jeff Fisher is a horrible coach, hasn't been good for years now.

VY was also ROY and looked like he had a bright future. Whether his failings are self inflicted, a result of poor coaching or a combination of both will never be known to the public at large.

Regardless he is a remarkable talent wasted to this point.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why people say he's terrible. He was having his best year this year, and he's a winner in general. Sad that he has some sort of bipolar disorder and can't get his mind right.

Sign the bust!

"Move" him? Release him is more like it. Who would trade for a rehab project that has $12M due for the rehab year?

I'd love for us to bring him in after he is released, show him how to play the game and conduct himself, let him demonstrate it, then trade him before next year's draft to an NFC team for a couple of #2's.

No. I don't want Vince Young anywhere near our lockerroom. He's a powder keg just waiting to go off. I don't blame the Titans for letting Young go, regardless of what you think about Fisher. I think the Titans can get something for Young, just not much. There will be some desperate team who will think they can turn around his career with a change of scenery. *shrugs* Sometimes it happens. Who knows. But it's a huge risk.

Well now that the Titans need a QB... I'd give em Hoyer for Chris Johnson. LOL. *super wishful thinking*

Last edited:
the titans should sign Donovan McNabb, to start the season and draft a QB

I could see Orton or Quinn heading down there

VY is a liability, a really dumb qb. Throw the Bank at manning ;-) ha

Well now that the Titans need a QB... I'd give em Hoyer for Chris Johnson. LOL. *super wishful thinking*

although the boy can run, he's a problem waiting to happen. He's already shooting off his mouth. He would never last with the Pats. BB would bury him after one season :bricks:

Well I can tell you right now the radio down here is buzzing (here in Nashville anyhow).
To be honest, Fisher really isnt that bad of a coach, but really really look at Nashville's drafting in the last few or more years. Thats whats hurt them, Pacman, Vince Young. Chris Johnson and Kenny Britt are among the few bright spots left on that team.

:ditto:

The problem they're facing now is how to repair the lockeroom. Can Fisher reunite that team? I'm not sure at this point. There's alot of players talking sh*t in public right now. If Bud wants to right the ship, he may have to dump Fisher just to get the players all on the same page. What a freakin mess. It'll be interesting to see if Johnson, and Britt want to play ball, or act like divas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back