PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Video of Rugby player that should have played in NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i completely forgot. You could show these guys videos of. Sonney bill, Israel Folau, Greg Inglis, Jarryd Hayne, Justin Hodges, Wendel sailor, Lote Tuquiri (When Young)

And if that guy who said Americans tackle harder wants to watch how about you look up state of origin mate. I still think that is the toughest 80 minutes of sport in the world.

You furriners are so defensive. I'm the one defending Rugby here, and my one comment about Americans tackling harder was actually a criticism of Americans. This was obvious to a few Brits who read it. You're going to have to explain to me why a bunch of American neophytes can go on three different 2-week tours of Rugby playing nations, where we played four games in each, and every time we were the hardest hitting club out there among players who had been playing their whole lives. We lost 90% of the matches. We had games against Club teams and also military teams. Maybe the other teams knew that hitting hard is just a losing mentality.

Caycau is my favorite, he was never going to get the same press as lomu but the rumor around the fijian camps were he ran sub 10... on numerous occasions. It was such a pity when he left the super 14 and went to Europe and gained weight. the back 3 of muliaina, caucau and rokocoko was up there with umanga, lomu and cullen. He was one of the best and most balanced runners i have ever seen. I'll never forget how he won fiji a game against scotland... from the wing

Thoose Blues teams were fun to watch.

Imagine how good he would have been if he had a work ethic.

This thread has turned into a little bit of a **** waving contest hasn't it.

You furriners are so defensive. I'm the one defending Rugby here, and my one comment about Americans tackling harder was actually a criticism of Americans. This was obvious to a few Brits who read it. You're going to have to explain to me why a bunch of American neophytes can go on three different 2-week tours of Rugby playing nations, where we played four games in each, and every time we were the hardest hitting club out there among players who had been playing their whole lives. We lost 90% of the matches. We had games against Club teams and also military teams. Maybe the other teams knew that hitting hard is just a losing mentality.

I'm sure u all were very hard. My comment was not that your not good just if you want "hard hits" look at a game where they are valued and that is the goal e.g the 1st 10-20 minutes of origin. The reason you don't see hard hits all game is rugby and league is a continuous sport and it is impossible to go 100% you have to pick your moments. Watch the bledisloe cup game last saturday and you will find there were some "ray lewis hits". I mean if you want to see you big hits just look up rugby tackles on youtube.

It's not about americans or australians or europeans being bigger or stronger it's just giving due respect to the game like we do for the nfl

There is another guy called Andries Bekker who is 26 right now. He is really fast but not nearly as fast as Lomu or any of them guys but he would probably make a great tight end at 6'10" 265 lbs.

And then there is 'the cheetah' Bryan Habana who is 5'11" 206 lbs, the fastest rugby player I've ever seen. He can bench press 350 which is pretty amazing for his size. Quality isn't great but you can just see looking at it how fast he is.

YouTube - best try habana has ever scored

There is another guy called Andries Bekker who is 26 right now. He is really fast but not nearly as fast as Lomu or any of them guys but he would probably make a great tight end at 6'10" 265 lbs.

And then there is 'the cheetah' Bryan Habana who is 5'11" 206 lbs, the fastest rugby player I've ever seen. He can bench press 350 which is pretty amazing for his size. Quality isn't great but you can just see looking at it how fast he is.

YouTube - best try habana has ever scored

Ngwenya burned Habana in the world cup few years ago

I'm sure u all were very hard. My comment was not that your not good just if you want "hard hits" look at a game where they are valued and that is the goal e.g the 1st 10-20 minutes of origin. The reason you don't see hard hits all game is rugby and league is a continuous sport and it is impossible to go 100% you have to pick your moments. Watch the bledisloe cup game last saturday and you will find there were some "ray lewis hits". I mean if you want to see you big hits just look up rugby tackles on youtube.

It's not about americans or australians or europeans being bigger or stronger it's just giving due respect to the game like we do for the nfl

Sorry for totally dissing on Rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back