PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Usher is this year's Super Bowl Halftime Show Performer

Not sure what demographic of football fans that pick is for.

So we get to mute that song where he says "yeah" 325 times cool

They should have brought in a large crane to drop Lizzo into the stadium at halftime. If I ran the NFL, I’d tell her that the contract was contingent upon not lip synching. She would need to actually sing so the audience can hear how out of breath she is.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind seeing Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters or the aforementioned AC/DC.

At least it’s not some trans group which is what I expected

You know whoever in the league office who selects the halftime shows know nothing about music. If you look, it is like they just go through a list of artists in different categories. They went through the classic rock crowd first. Then the pop list. And in recent years it has been the R&B/hip hop/rap lists. Country is next folks. Get your cowboy hat ready.

Can he help the Patriors players find their seats before the show?

Can he help the Patriors players find their seats before the show?
Sounds like a good job for your boy Zappy Smurf. Probably only for the front row though. At 4’11” or whatever height he is he’d easily get lost in the crowd near the back.

Sounds like a good job for your boy Zappy Smurf. Probably only for the front row though. At 4’11” or whatever height he is he’d easily get lost in the crowd near the back.
Any clown work for you this Super Bowl?

Get the crowd warmed up.

Any clown work for you this Super Bowl?

Get the crowd warmed up.
Now there’s a good job for the smurf. There are lots of midget clowns so that works. And he’d fit right in cause he sure looks like one when he tries to play quarterback :)

I don't mind him to be honest but doubt I"ll bother to watch the show. I think the Dr. Dre halftime is the only halftime I've actually watched start to finish since U2. I would have watched Petty but I was too nervous a wreck to pay attention

I want some heavy metal halftime show is that too much to ask?
Yes. The halftime show isn't for the average male football fans. It's for casuals and getting Usher will get more buzz than Metallica as much as I'd LOVE to see that. It's why they always go for some pop act or some nostalgia act.

And honestly, the bands aren't actually playing live and they rush through their sets and it's more about elaborate choreography. So they would be wasted on this

Now there’s a good job for the smurf. There are lots of midget clowns so that works. And he’d fit right in cause he sure looks like one when he tries to play quarterback :)
They must pay good.

Good enough for new clown shoes.

They must pay good.

Good enough for new clown shoes.
I wonder if some good clown shoes would put Zappy Smurf’s height over 5 feet. Won’t make him an NFL caliber QB though unfortunately.

Let's face it. The halftime show is more for the non-fans than actual football fans. They want something that will attract people who really don't give two craps about the game. So they find acts that will attract them.

I don't know of anyone who won't watch the Super Bowl because of the halftime show, but I bet there are hundreds of thousands or even millions who will watch it just for the halftime show.

Such a bizarre choice
It's not that bizarre. He's a generic pop act that people know and he has catchy recognizeable songs he can cycle through for about 15ish minutes while some dancers do moves around him.

He can just run through
-Yeah
-You Got it Bad
-DJ Got Us Falling In Love
-U Remind Me
-My Boo
-Burn
-Scream

Then you can bring in people he collaborated with like Ludacris, Lil John, Alicia Keys, DJ Khaleed for some of thse songs to get a pop from the crowd and some social media buzz. It's layup

I wonder if some good clown shoes would put Zappy Smurf’s height over 5 feet. Won’t make him an NFL caliber QB though unfortunately.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back