OT: Tour de Cure - Ride for Diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
To my fellow members of Patsfans.com -
On June 21st, I will be participating in the "Tour de Cure - Ride for Diabetes Cure". This is actually something that hits close to home because my dad's parents both had diabetes as did my mother's mom and my dad. One of the things that people misconstrue is that Type 2 Diabetes is something that happens only to obese people. The reality is that Type 2 Diabetes can also be genetic. And that is where I fall. I was diagnosed with Genetic Type 2 Diabetes 3 years ago and it's been a constant struggle since then. Some of the things that can affect people with diabetes is Diabetic Retinopathy (blood vessels in your eyes weakening and/or bursting) and loss of feeling in your extremities that can lead to loss of toes, fingers, feet, or even entire legs/arms. Diabetes also makes people more likely to have high blood pressure, heart attacks and strokes.

I signed up to ride in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure. I'd like to invite you to support me in my efforts to Stop Diabetes! Tour de Cure is so much more than an event to me. It's my opportunity to change the future and make a positive impact in the lives of all those affected by diabetes. And it's a great ride!

Chances are, you also know someone who has been affected by diabetes and you already know how important it is to stop this disease. My goal is to raise $200.00. Will you join me by making a donation?

By supporting me, you will help the American Diabetes Association provide community-based education programs, protect the rights of people with diabetes and fund critical research for a cure.
The power we have together far outweighs what I can do alone.

If you would like to make a donation, please message me directly and I will provide you with the information that you need.

Thank you!
DaBruinz

Just wanted to give this thread a bump as it had fallen off to page two, and some folks here may have missed it.

Just wanted to give this thread a bump as it had fallen off to page two, and some folks here may have missed it.
Thanks, JMT. I was going to bump it, but had been super busy..
Again, if anyone would like to donate, please message me and I can send you the link. I have put $110 of my own in and only need $90 more to meet the "registration" amount.

Good luck with this, @DaBruinz. My uncle passed away 15 years ago from Type 2 Diabetes leaving a wife and three children (one of them at the time was under 10 and the other two were teenagers). Before he went, both of his legs had to be amputated. It's genetic on my mother's side. I'm going on a cruise in early July so a lot of my extra money is going to be tied up in that on top of other bills (mortgage, electric, car payment, etc.) but I will try to give what I can before I leave.

Last edited:
Only a scumbag Jets fan would dislike that last post. Eat ****, buddy.

BTW, to send me a message (if you don't know how), left click on my user name and then click on "Start Conversation". I'll message you the details.

Bumping this up since there are still 16 days to donate to a worthy cause..

2nd to last bump before the race. I've raised nearly $700. Would love your help in reaching $750 and then even $1000..

I've now raised over $1000 for the American Diabetes Association as part of the Tour de Cure. Those of you who have donated, Thank you. I know there are others who plan on donating, and I thank you as well. You're help and support is what will get me through the 17 mile ride next weekend..

UPDATE:

I took part in the Tour de Cure this past weekend. My final distance was 18.5M. took me about 2.25 hours.

This young lady who I am pictured with is pretty inspirational. She was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at 16 months old. She was riding in her first Tour de Cure. She had previously been a passenger on her mom's bike the previous 3 years..
20140621_082539_000.jpg

Here is the banner that was posted for those who raised over $1000.
20140621_084416.jpg

And here I am waiting to go..
http://s25.postimg.org/ks2ay27j3/20140621_083437.jpg

I want to thank everyone for their support and I want to thank Ian for letting me post about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back