PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Tony Kornheiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gimme the "B" team! Gimme the "B" team!!

Jaworski and Vermeil blow Joey Sunshine and Kornheiser out of the water. Totally and completely. The only redeeming feature that I find in Kornheiser is the **** that he gives Theismann and calling him on all the stupid things he says... get rid of Joey, and no more need for Tony. Gimme Jaws and Vermeil.

While Tirico isn't totally horrid, he's not as good as Nessler, and not as easy to listen to as Nessler.

The "B" team rocks.. I can't wait for the next MNF double header just in hopes that more people can watch a game with the "B" team to fully appreciate just how bad the "A" team is. The three of them have chemistry, work the action well, inform without getting in the way, keep the focus on the football not themselves, and just call a quality game.

Oswlek said:
The biggest problem with all broadcasts, but ESPN in particular, is the desire to make the announcers a major point of emphasis in the game, possibly even the focus.

Announcers should be like a seasoning in a soup/dish/whatever that enhances the quality without being too noticable.

They are trying to pique the interest of those who may or may not come back next week, which is why announcers make soap opera plots out of the game, single out popular players and focus on things that we have known for years. And, as I said before, we are assured viewers, so the costs to create the choice of announcers will not create enough benefit to be worthwhile.

Excellent post. I agree on ALL points.

Hey Biggles, I just realized how hard-as$sed that sounded. I didn't mean it that way and I'm sorry. I hope you accept.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

Jaworski and Vermeil blow Joey Sunshine and Kornheiser out of the water. Totally and completely. The only redeeming feature that I find in Kornheiser is the **** that he gives Theismann and calling him on all the stupid things he says... get rid of Joey, and no more need for Tony. Gimme Jaws and Vermeil.

While Tirico isn't totally horrid, he's not as good as Nessler, and not as easy to listen to as Nessler.

The "B" team rocks.. I can't wait for the next MNF double header just in hopes that more people can watch a game with the "B" team to fully appreciate just how bad the "A" team is. The three of them have chemistry, work the action well, inform without getting in the way, keep the focus on the football not themselves, and just call a quality game.

I agree completely about Nessler, but I would take Kornheiser over Jaworski anyday. Jaws is the biggest Philly homer on the planet and he makes terrible comments that paint him into a corner (i.e. 'The Patriots have the slowest WR corps in the league'). When you make bold, matter-of-fact statements like that you lose all credibility when you turn out to be wrong (see TJ and his BB comments).

Love Vermeil though, I hope we see him in the booth more in the future.

I defer my opinion to T-Shirt, as a rule. An absolute rule. Not to make peace, but as an attempt to be respectable. Have you guys ever read what he has written?

T-shirt: Nothing but respect. You make me feel guilty for typing whilst intoxicated.

I'll put it this way: Jaws is obnoxious. Would never want him in your house. BUT...He is pretty right on when it comes to seeing things.

OntarioPatsFan said:
I agree completely about Nessler, but I would take Kornheiser over Jaworski anyday. Jaws is the biggest Philly homer on the planet and he makes terrible comments that paint him into a corner (i.e. 'The Patriots have the slowest WR corps in the league'). When you make bold, matter-of-fact statements like that you lose all credibility when you turn out to be wrong (see TJ and his BB comments).

Love Vermeil though, I hope we see him in the booth more in the future.
Bahah! We agree more than you think.

I really, really do dislike Jaws in the studio. I hate his overblown, pukey, yakky "look how exciting I can make this pathetic team sound" delivery.. I hate his Iggles homerism, I dislike his pompousness, etc... Never did I expect to actually LIKE him in the booth, but I did. He lent a lot of good insight, without the same annoying persona that he uses in the studio. He worked well with the other two, and respected the game while it was on. That to me, is the biggest thing. If I wanna see talking heads, I'll watch a Sports Center type show.... If I wanna see a Hollywood star intervied, I'll watch Entertainment Tonight. I'm tuned in to MNF to watch FOOTBALL, damnit.

Granted, I didn't see him call a Philly game, and that may make me puke, but I'd bet money now that game for game, not only will Jaws piss me off less than Theismann, but will also "teach" me more about the action on the field.

Edit: Zarak, you're thinker than you drunk you are. Yessir. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News