PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Titans Set to Build New Dome Stadium

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Interesting. They were originally just going to renovate it and apparently the price tag to do so was too high:

Interesting. They were originally just going to renovate it and apparently the price tag to do so was too high:

More corporate welfare for billionaires.

Stadiums (Stadia?) used to be good for 50+ years, now these money grubbing corporatists owners want new buildings on the taxpayer dime every 20-25 years.

The current stadium opened 3 years before Gillette but apparently it needs too much in renovations.

This stuff always boggles my mind.
I was there a few years ago it's the same cookie cutter but zero bells and whistles. I bet they made cheaper to begin with with less bells and whistles and added nothing along the way. Compared to Gillette it's a piece a junk and replacing is the way to go. That said sux they are doing a dome. It was a beautiful day when we there so I was happy for it to be open air.

Now the question becomes would you rather be dealing with a new stadium now or are you happy that Kraft improved the stadium along the way and seemingly still has at least 20 years to go in this one?

They just jack up the price for renovations, notice none are clearly spelled out... And all of a sudden it becomes fiscally prudent to just build a new stadium because of the associated costs...

And that 2.1 billion? Pipe dream... Ask the rams about cost over runs... Though I don't think the Strunk family has the deep Walmart pockets... But I don't know where their money comes from, so that's just a guess

Reactions: Ian
I was there a few years ago it's the same cookie cutter but zero bells and whistles. I bet they made cheaper to begin with with less bells and whistles and added nothing along the way. Compared to Gillette it's a piece a junk and replacing is the way to go. That said sux they are doing a dome. It was a beautiful day when we there so I was happy for it to be open air.

Now the question becomes would you rather be dealing with a new stadium now or are you happy that Kraft improved the stadium along the way and seemingly still has at least 20 years to go in this one?
$2.5b for bells and whistles.

Super Bowl is why
Ahhhh great point. Too bad, the temps in Mid February are 52 degrees, great football weather, I know not for a Super Bowl.

They just jack up the price for renovations, notice none are clearly spelled out... And all of a sudden it becomes fiscally prudent to just build a new stadium because of the associated costs...

And that 2.1 billion? Pipe dream... Ask the rams about cost over runs... Though I don't think the Strunk family has the deep Walmart pockets... But I don't know where their money comes from, so that's just a guess

Plenty of oil and gas money (and a lot of other businesses) to leverage.

Nashville is a booming city and a dome would also help them land events like College Football Playoff, Final Four, etc.

Can someone explain to me why stadium costs have gone up so much?

Gillette was only $325m back in 2000.

More recently

US Bank Stadium(Minnesota) was only $1.1B back in 2013

List of most expensive stadiums - Wikipedia

Are they building a stadium or buying eggs?:confused:
nfl revenues are growing... 18 billion last year... thats up 4 billion over then year before that... and because you charge more when your clients can pay more... the Strunk family is about to get a 2 billion dollar building for 850 million +/- ... they can afford to pay more...

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back