PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Thoughts and prayers for the victims in Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.
My condolences to the families and friends of loved ones who were lost to this senseless and deplorable act of violence

It's incredibly sad and upsetting to know that the reality we live in has people who are capable of such vicious, hateful and cruel acts against innocent civilians

Thank you to everyone who used this thread for what it was.. For thoughts and condolences the victims. To the rest of you who took it to politics and insisted on keeping it there, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

My condolences again to the victims family and friends.

And my apologies for making a fact based response on gun ownership from a Canadian perspective that was deemed offensive and needed deleting.
I shouldn't have been drawn in.

I come to this site to escape these tragedies that occur on the news reel on a daily basis.

This whole thread doesn't need to be here.

It is all so senseless, knowing that it has been almost two days, and thus we are pretty much due for another mass killing, for which we will have to offer up our condolences yet again.

But I apologize for contributing to the politically-charged side discussion.

As an aside, my 23-year old daughter lives in Orlando. She's not gay and would have been unlikely to have been there, but when my first few texts did not get a response on Sunday morning, I was never so happy to learn that she was just sleeping in.

It is all so senseless, knowing that it has been almost two days, and thus we are pretty much due for another mass killing, for which we will have to offer up our condolences yet again.

But I apologize for contributing to the politically-charged side discussion.

As an aside, my 23-year old daughter lives in Orlando. She's not gay and would have been unlikely to have been there, but when my first few texts did not get a response on Sunday morning, I was never so happy to learn that she was just sleeping in.
You NEVER stop worrying about your kids. Doesn't matter how old or where they are.

Before the Rev's last home game May 28th there was a huge noise and it was a big helicopter coming in for a landing on the Patriot's practice field. At first more than a few fans had nervous looks on their face including me. Luckily it was Bob Kraft coming to watch the game ... he was on Long Island that weekend I believe.

These are the times we live in ... we must make the best of it or these people win.
Many prayers and sadness for the victims and their family and friends ... they need our strength and support.

Perhaps a lot of you are NOT familiar with Sharia Law. For your own edification and eventual self preservation, you may want to read up on the subject.

The problem is not, in and of itself, Sharia law any more than it is the Bible claiming that people who mix fabrics should be put to death.

The problem is that, both here and in Islamic countries, there are people who believe that their religious beliefs trump your rights.

I hate that these things are happening on a increasing basis and I don't know why people have to be a-holes to each other. If a man loves another man, or worships another god, or needs to live as a woman, or follows another football team, or likes black olives - none of this hurts me so I leave that person alone. I don't know why others don't feel the same.

I hate that these things are happening on a increasing basis and I don't know why people have to be a-holes to each other. If a man loves another man, or worships another god, or needs to live as a woman, or follows another football team, or likes black olives - none of this hurts me so I leave that person alone. I don't know why others don't feel the same.

People have personality problems, resulting in anti-social behavior. When those same people are violent, you get violent anti-social behavior. When those same violent anti-social people believe that if they kill enough people they will achieve an importance in death that they could never achieve in life, you get events like Orlando. Quite frankly, I'm happily surprised that it doesn't happen more often. I wish more media outlets would take Anderson Cooper's approach and refuse to name or discuss the killers. I do believe that would reduce the motivation for similar events somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes