PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Thoughts and prayers for the victims in Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Canadian and I really don't even have a clue where I could buy a gun here. They're certainly not sold in Walmarts or local stores. Never shot a gun and never will, and I have no fear walking down any of the streets in my city.

I truly cannot fathom how many Americans feel the need to arm themselves with automatic weapons, and why they are even allowed at all. The only type of gun that should be legal is a hunting rifle. What really boggles my mind is the NRA types who own guns yet call themselves Christians. What do they think Christ's stance on guns would be?

And the whole time the cowardly politicians won't do anything. Pathetic.

Sad and unfortunate. And it is inevitable that more is to come.

A fail on those never missing the opportunity from the moment something like this happens to push their politics of gun control. And that one would use this moment to only push that political party ideology X while completely overlooking the obvious Y/elephant in the room that every single sentient being above the IQ of 60 can see is one of the causes behind this grotesque act? Appalling, just appalling.

I'm Canadian and I really don't even have a clue where I could buy a gun here. They're certainly not sold in Walmarts or local stores. Never shot a gun and never will, and I have no fear walking down any of the streets in my city.

I truly cannot fathom how many Americans feel the need to arm themselves with automatic weapons, and why they are even allowed at all. The only type of gun that should be legal is a hunting rifle. What really boggles my mind is the NRA types who own guns yet call themselves Christians. What do they think Christ's stance on guns would be?

And the whole time the cowardly politicians won't do anything. Pathetic.

Automatic weapons are not legal in the US with the exception of those that were already in circulation before that particular firearms law was put into place. These legal automatic weapons are very very limited, very expensive, most tracked.
Canada requires a safety course for a gun license -- but it is largely a pro forma process. To purchase a small and easily concealable weapon (handgun versus rifle -- no semi automatic restrictions I know of) requires two extra steps. Places to buy firearms are numerous despite your own neighborhood.

I am in favor of gun control that has a safety training requirement. I am in favor of continuing to have automatic weapons outlawed. I am in favor of caliber/jacket considerations. I am in favor of harsh laws for those that use firearms to commit violent crime.
With that said, this moment's ideologue argument pushing gun control has minor application to this kind of terrorism. And one who is unable to discuss what happened in Orlando except to say 'gun control!' makes you not serious about finding ways to prevent this. It just makes you serious about trying to get/keep your undoubtedly altruistic party in power.

It's not about gun control.

It's about this American pathological need to "pet the nice little rattlesnake...isn't he just darling? and he says he would never bite us it's just them BAD rattlesnakes that bite...now come along everyone and let's sing 'We Are The World..We Believe You Anyway'".

Perhaps a lot of you are NOT familiar with Sharia Law. For your own edification and eventual self preservation, you may want to read up on the subject.

BTW..I do NOT own a firearm. That being said, I will fight to the death for the right of ANY of you law abiding Americans to own and keep arms. What we are seeing today is an undeclared war pitting violent fundamentalists against our very way of life. Wake up.You may have to fight for your family and YOUR American way of life. No government is going to protect you. Governments legislate.

It's not about gun control.

It's about this American pathological need to "pet the nice little rattlesnake...isn't he just darling? and he says he would never bite us it's just them BAD rattlesnakes that bite...now come along everyone and let's sing 'We Are The World..We Believe You Anyway'".

Perhaps a lot of you are NOT familiar with Sharia Law. For your own edification and eventual self preservation, you may want to read up on the subject.

There are 2 versions of Sharia law. The one mentioned in the Quran and the one made up by man. Which one are you referring to?

How do I know YOU are not engaging in "taqiyya" right now?

right....for the uninformed or culinary conservatives out there, takoyaki is a Japanese clam cake, or octopus cake, or combination of same. I prefer large doses of toro sashimi...(when I have enough cash)

RIP, Condolences To Victims Family & Friends......
Orlando, Fla. Stay Strong!

And the thread has officially devolved into ignorant Fox News style Muslim bashing, I see.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
And the thread has officially devolved into ignorant Fox News style Muslim bashing, I see.
Yes, this didn't take long. After the way it started and the attempt that was made to un-derail it, let's try and keep this from becoming a full-on debate about gun control, etc. I'm in agreement something needs to be done, but for now, let's try not to let this run off course any more than it already has.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Yes, this place is seemingly no longer a welcomed escape from the obsession many people have to politicize everything. And, I mean everything. There is no longer a need for a political forum. It's right here. Kudos to Ian. I honestly don't know how you continue to do it.

Yes, this place is seemingly no longer a welcomed escape from the obsession many people have to politicize everything. And, I mean everything.
It's a little different right now and you're not wrong. Unfortunately, we're in an election year with two controversial candidates, so the climate is the worst (even outside of here) I've ever seen. But since this is a football forum I'd like to try and keep some semblance of sanity in here so hopefully we can get back on topic before it spirals too badly.

Thank you to everyone who used this thread for what it was.. For thoughts and condolences the victims. To the rest of you who took it to politics and insisted on keeping it there, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Thank you to everyone who used this thread for what it was.. For thoughts and condolences the victims. To the rest of you who took it to politics and insisted on keeping it there, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

...like you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing