PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The myth of Tony Ugoh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting how your first posts on a Patriot fan website are to dismiss the idea the Jaguars can go to the SB, and to praise the overrated blocking ability of Tony Ugoh... Hmmm....

Pony, I actually think that this is JeriCurlIndy in disguise.......

Just a thought--
how much of the success of Ugoh and Addai is based on the fact that they are both from Arkansas? How long before that synergy starts wearing off?

Just a thought--
how much of the success of Ugoh and Addai is based on the fact that they are both from Arkansas? How long before that synergy starts wearing off?

I would say not much since Addai went to LSU. ;)

From Don Banks, re: Tony Ugoh...

Nobody's saying it, but it looks like Colts second-year left tackle Tony Ugoh has permanently lost his starting job. This marked the third consecutive game that Ugoh has been active. Third-year veteran Charlie Johnson started at left tackle -- the slot Ugoh manned so capably as a rookie last year after Tarik Glenn retired. No one in the Colts organization is saying that Indy has given up on Ugoh, but no one's saying much of anything about him at all. Good or bad. That's kind of the Colts' way of doing business under longtime general manager Bill Polian.

Earlier this season Ugoh was injured and replaced by Johnson, but once he got healthy, he lost the job based on his performance. With victories at Houston and home against Baltimore coming off their bye the past two weeks, the Colts may not have wanted to change their wining combination on the offensive line. But now it bears watching once again to see if Ugoh re-enters the starting lineup in the near future.

Colts offense falls off the wagon again in Green Bay - Don Banks - SI.com

Tell us about the myth of Maroney while you are at it.

Tell us about the myth of Maroney while you are at it.

Tony Ugoh has been exposed as a poor LT. He should be moved to guard to salvage his career. Right Guard would be ideal for him. I'm glad you agree.

Tony Ugoh has been exposed as a poor LT. He should be moved to guard to salvage his career. Right Guard would be ideal for him. I'm glad you agree.

You'll see Ugoh tomorrow night back at LT, with Charlie at LG. Saturday, Pollak, and Diem round it out.

Second straight game with Ugoh/Johnson/Saturday/Pollak/ and Diem. They played pretty well against that formidible front 7 you have. Vrabel had a nice spin move on Ugoh to stop Addai on that third and medium early in the ballgame.

...b-u-m-p...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference