PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Teams will be fined for certain .gifs and other SM posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another article on this:

Reports: NFL Restricting Teams From Posting Videos, GIFs On Twitter During Games

SI’s Albert Breer summed up the policy thusly:

“To put that in perspective, Broncos safety Darian Stewart was fined $18,231 for his high hit on Cam Newton in the opener. Under this policy, if Denver had posted video of the hit, the team could incur a heavier penalty for a first-time offense.”

More rules: The almighty NFL is merciful enough to allow teams to retweet videos posted by the official league account, because if anyone’s going to grab eyeballs away from televisions, it’s at least going to be an NFL-owned entity.

To me, this is more about controlling the narrative than anything else. They don't want individual teams stirring up trouble against the league making the NFL look bad.

I mean the NFL should really handle looking bad all by itself.

Billion dollar organizations get fined about the same amount as individual players for dancing or wearing the wrong shoes? Nice. one, Rodjjjjuhhhhh.

Teams can't post "any moving content" during games. I guess that means they can post as much footage as they want of Jay Cutler in the pocket.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore