PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Skip Bayless Leaving ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just channel surfing and saw Bayless vigorously defending Brady (as he very often has) vs. Shannon (Not Too) Sharpe (aka Mr. Ed, the Talking Horse.)

Once more, that's easy for you to say. If you were attacked personally in such fashion, you'd probably respond similarly. We ALL would.

If someone said I was gay 20 years ago, I think I'd be over it by now.

On the other hand, if I really thought that guy was an ******* for that and other reasons, I wouldn't be over it.

So, IMHO it's not just about one accusation, it's about a lot more than the one accusation, it's about how Bayless handled himself afterwards, and presumably other stuff too.

Just channel surfing and saw Bayless vigorously defending Brady (as he very often has) vs. Shannon (Not Too) Sharpe (aka Mr. Ed, the Talking Horse.)
Why does Sharpe still have a job in media?

So, Aikmen doesn't like what he percieved Skip said but it's okay for him to say something unproven about Tom Brady?

I also hate it when people relish in Skip Bayless being wrong or "looking stupid". There's a good chance he was trying to look stupid on purpose just to get a rise out of people. (i.e. taking a stance that he doesn't believe in, "Kyrie is the real MVP, not LeBron!")
Why would you care what opinions b people give about opinions from a dbag like skip Bayless?

Read the link. Bayless was merely commenting on how people siding against Aikman were spreading such rumors. Skip can sure be a douche, but in this case the assertion that he either said or implied that Aikman is gay is false. Aikman is a douche.
Come on. There was no need to write anything about it the book when there was absolutely nothing to back it up.
It's the dudes life, and being a gay NFL QB in 1996 would have had caused him to be ostracized.
Very irresponsible but at the same time he also wrote how even though there was no confirmation someone said he was a racist too.

So, Aikmen doesn't like what he percieved Skip said but it's okay for him to say something unproven about Tom Brady?

When challenging a guy's masculinity, all rational thought goes bye-bye

Sharpe has an oversized tongue. He and Tom Menino

To be fair aikman said these things the week it happened while Moët was reporting the balls were 2 psi under.
I'm not sure what he had said more recently because I just don't care.

doesn't matter when he said it........piled on to a baseless claim......deserves the same treatment as Mort

I hope he dies for his sins

doesn't matter when he said it........piled on to a baseless claim......deserves the same treatment as Mort

Well there is a reasonable approach.

Well there is a reasonable approach.

people who place zero value on the life of another (and that's what both aikman and mortensen did) when they threw brady under the bus, have lives that are worth zero .... they can go now and leave the rest of the herd

Read the link. Bayless was merely commenting on how people siding against Aikman were spreading such rumors. Skip can sure be a douche, but in this case the assertion that he either said or implied that Aikman is gay is false. Aikman is a douche.
Yeah, but that's the REAL indictment. The fact is you don't print even a repeat of a rumor in you book without knowing the fallout that it is going to cause. That just show just what a troll Bayless is. He KNEW the impact it would have, and then like a coward covered his ass by making the claim once removed. When you think about it, it is actually worse than if he made the claim on his own.

The real crime here is the fact week give these assholes an audience for their dreck. You wouldn't believe how the quality of my life has improved since I stopped watching ESPN or TV sports shows, or listening to radio.

Disclaimer: I do watch CSN or NESN for highlights, or if I'm stuck in the car, I'll check WEEI or 98.5, but if they aren't interviewing someone I think might be interesting, then I go back to NPR or WROR

people who place zero value on the life of another (and that's what both aikman and mortensen did) when they threw brady under the bus, have lives that are worth zero .... they can go now and leave the rest of the herd
OK, I'll just leave that I disagree that people who have a different opinion about a football issue loaded with misinformation are worth zero. There are very few people in this world that are worth zero and comments about a football issue certainly wouldn't be my criteria.

To be fair aikman said these things the week it happened while Moët was reporting the balls were 2 psi under.
I'm not sure what he had said more recently because I just don't care.

Nope.

Aikman doubled down on his opinion before the season last year

For someone who spent months ragging on people who were willing to boycott the Pats/NFL on principle, I have to say that you take football way too seriously if you think that.

Yeah, they're assholes. Yeah, their opinions are now utterly worthless. No, they don't deserve to die for it. There are a lot of stupid, ignorant and/or crappy people in the world that don't deserve to die for the crime of being ignorant jackasses. It's kinda disturbing that there are people in the world who think otherwise.

Yeah, definitely a broken clock scenario. Bayless has had Brady's back pretty much throughout. Not the "Brady's innocent!" spokesman I would choose, but better than not having one. I find it kinda funny that ESPN has made a point of purging itself of any high profile personality--Bayless, Cowherd, Simmons--who has vocally defended Brady.

Nope.

Aikman doubled down on his opinion before the season last year

Did you watch it? He doesn't exactly say what you think he says.
He prefaced it with NO ONE HAS SHOWN WITH CERTAINTY THAT THE BALLS WERE NOT DEFLATED
and then said IF THEY WERE he would go to his grave believing tom Brady knew about it.
He is not accusing Brady of anything he is saying that if there was a scheme to deflate he believes Brady would have known about it because why would you deflate if the QB didn't want that?
He is right. He just hasn't (at least at that time) understood the science shows that they certainly were not deflated.

Yeah, definitely a broken clock scenario. Bayless has had Brady's back pretty much throughout. Not the "Brady's innocent!" spokesman I would choose, but better than not having one. I find it kinda funny that ESPN has made a point of purging itself of any high profile personality--Bayless, Cowherd, Simmons--who has vocally defended Brady.
Hadn't thought of it that way, but...
Of course, they also ****canned Ray Lewis and Cris Carter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes