PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Skip Bayless Leaving ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
As time goes on Aikman is becoming a real a-hole.

His beef goes back to when Bayless was at the Dallas Morning News.

Bashing Bayless in public makes Aikman look catty

I doubt you want to defend Bayless.

Over a couple of decades ago, even non-Cowboys fans thought the book God's Coach was vindictive to Landry...if Bayless can rant on TL he can diss any coach. Then in The Boys (Jimmy vs Jerrah), he burned his bridges and had to leave the Dallas Morning News for the Chicago Tribune. So Bayless has been this way for at least 30 years.

Aikman waited over 20 years to speak his mind on Bayless, but many at this forum wish Kraft or Brady said this much or more about Goodell yesterday.

Aikman was a TOTAL ass about the whole deflate gate thing! great
for all the comments he made he might as well have said "Brady is guilty and should never be allowed to play in league again". that's how big of a deal he made of it.
I hope Skip responds to him in a very negative way.

Obviously don't agree with Aikman on DeflateGate. At all.

I hated both of them. The only douchebag on the same level as Stephen A. was Skip.

Skip was always hollow to me. He never really said what he meant. He only said what would inspire vitriol and rage. He was the epitome of an internet troll on TV.
See, this is what I don't understand. The fact that Skip (and SAS, to an extent) are just trolls is so completely and utterly obvious. Despite that, on every message board I go to, there are topics -- practically daily -- of people getting upset by what Skip says. How do people continue to fall for it and take the bait?

I doubt you want to defend Bayless.

Over a couple of decades ago, even non-Cowboys fans thought the book God's Coach was vindictive to Landry...if Bayless can rant on TL he can diss any coach. Then in The Boys (Jimmy vs Jerrah), he burned his bridges and had to leave the Dallas Morning News for the Chicago Tribune. So Bayless has been this way for at least 30 years.

Aikman waited over 20 years to speak his mind on Bayless, but many at this forum wish Kraft or Brady said this much or more about Goodell yesterday.

I'm not defending Bayless.

I'm saying Aikman is an a-hole and is stooping to a low level by *****ing about Skip joining the network.

See, this is what I don't understand. The fact that Skip (and SAS, to an extent) are just trolls is so completely and utterly obvious. Despite that, on every message board I go to, there are topics -- practically daily -- of people getting upset by what Skip says. How do people continue to fall for it and take the bait?
Skip is the king of trolls, but there is no shortage of them in the local media. Felger, Shank, Borges to name but a few.

They deliberately say/write things they know will get people riled up. And people fall for it every single time.

BSPN* is a POS and anyone creditable or newsworthy there becomes part of sewage. NFLN* isn't any better. Every chance they get to knock Pats, Brady they will. Of course PAYton M. can do no wrong.

Its their job to be deuschecanoes sometimes. They have to have differing opinions or their shows would be worse than they already are. I believe that skip and SAS and Cowhard say things even they don't really believe. Just trying to get viewers and ratings. JMHO

With that said I can't stand any of them.

Why do people still listen to Felger? It's the same thing.

Agree 100%. I stopped watching and try to ignore it, but people keep posting it here and there and every forum. If there were videos of ******ed kids saying stupid ****, it wouldn't be cool to post them all over the internet, yet people are fine with sharing Skip Bayless hot takes. I don't see much of a difference between the two, except the ******ed kids aren't trying to be ******ed.

I'm not defending Bayless.

I'm saying Aikman is an a-hole and is stooping to a low level by *****ing about Skip joining the network.

If you'd been in Aikman's shoes and some shill accused you of lying about your sexual orientation, you might have a different take.

So Bayless throws out that he thinks Aikmen is gay without evidence and Aikmen is pissed.

Aikmen throws out that he he thinks Brady deflated footballs without any evidence and....?

Sounds like he got a piece of his own medicine.

Did he do that? Don't remember reading that...Link?

What a pathetic piece of ****!!
icon_lol.gif

Here's a direct Link.

Thanks, Brother Tony.

If you'd been in Aikman's shoes and some shill accused you of lying about your sexual orientation, you might have a different take.
Read the link. Bayless was merely commenting on how people siding against Aikman were spreading such rumors. Skip can sure be a douche, but in this case the assertion that he either said or implied that Aikman is gay is false. Aikman is a douche.

There was nothing to be gained.

He should have not said anything.

Once more, that's easy for you to say. If you were attacked personally in such fashion, you'd probably respond similarly. We ALL would.

Read the link. Bayless was merely commenting on how people siding against Aikman were spreading such rumors. Skip can sure be a douche, but in this case the assertion that he either said or implied that Aikman is gay is false. Aikman is a douche.

Bit of a straw man there. I never addressed Aikman's douchiness. That's YOUR invention. Don't put words in my mouth.

Once more, that's easy for you to say. If you were attacked personally in such fashion, you'd probably respond similarly. We ALL would.
Nah, sexual orientation doesn't matter....but it IS obvious that Ms. Aikman doth protest too much. Man is gayer than a deflated football. Good for him....come out of that closet Troy-boy!

Agree 100%. I stopped watching and try to ignore it, but people keep posting it here and there and every forum. If there were videos of ******ed kids saying stupid ****, it wouldn't be cool to post them all over the internet, yet people are fine with sharing Skip Bayless hot takes. I don't see much of a difference between the two, except the ******ed kids aren't trying to be ******ed.
I also hate it when people relish in Skip Bayless being wrong or "looking stupid". There's a good chance he was trying to look stupid on purpose just to get a rise out of people. (i.e. taking a stance that he doesn't believe in, "Kyrie is the real MVP, not LeBron!")

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes