PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rex Grossman to Start Over Donovan McNabb

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a DC area resident I see the Skins play more than any other team. There are sooo many issues with this team that need to be addressed before changing QB's.
McNabb's deal will turn into a lot of guaranteed money if he plays next season so this little test run is more about the payroll than winning games. McNabb will be done this year. Hopefully, the Shanahans will be gone soon, too.

Issue #1- Snyder. It all starts at the top with ownership.

If they wanted someone who could eat up games behind a terrible o-line while the front office retooled the team, they could have kept Jason Campbell. The fact that they traded a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th round pick for McNabb to do just that is obscene, especially it is exactly those kind of mid-round picks that are essential to a rebuilding effort.

nfl_g_rex_pats_200.jpg

Rex Grossman had a rough outing against Rosevelt Colvin and the Patriots on Nov. 26, 2006.

jv3gbr.jpg

Last edited:
If they wanted someone who could eat up games behind a terrible o-line while the front office retooled the team, they could have kept Jason Campbell. The fact that they traded a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th round pick for McNabb to do just that is obscene, especially it is exactly those kind of mid-round picks that are essential to a rebuilding effort.

I agree. If Shanahan had anything to do with the McNabb trade, he's gone already. But I think he will be fired regardless and blamed for the Haynesworth and McNabb fiascos, in addition to the whole team underachieving.

The Redskins are well on their way to playing for the #1 overall pick next year so Snyder should just blow it up. They should just lay down for their remaining three games so they have a better chance at drafting a QB like Luck in 2011--that's what I'm counting on tomorrow anyway. :cool:

who throws a better deep ball? rex grossman or michael bishop

Looks like Shanahan really enjoyed his retirement and is looking forward to getting back to it as quickly as possible.

Well it's obvious Washington is just playing to acquire a higher draft pick at this point. Rex Grossman as your starting QB....*shudders*

Keyshawn just completely went off on "The Shannahans". It was one of the best rants I've heard from a talking head in a long time. Basically questioned what has Sr. Shannahan accomplished since losing Elway and what has the kid done to deserve the job he has. It was awesome :D

Seems like everyone is saying that McNabb is being disrespected in the way this has been handled.

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said Wednesday, via The Washington Post he would welcome back quarterback Donovan McNabb -- who said Tuesday he wants to return to Washington next season -- if McNabb were willing to return as a backup.

"But I'm not sure he would, which I would understand," Shanahan said

Redskins Insider - Shanahan would welcome McNabb as a backup next year

McNabb to the 49 ers?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft