PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Prince found dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, 57 is way too young. Until reading this thread I had no idea that Chyna died.

I remember driving down to Georgia with my youngest son in 2001 and trying to decide on the CD's to put into the player. When I found out that he hadn't heard Prince I said "try this one" (Purple Rain). My son's response was, "who is that, some one hit wonder?" I couldn't believe that he didn't know who he was. I still tease him about that.

We spent the rest of these years trying to find him playing somewhere nearby and never did. I'm not sure if we missed him or he never performed around here during that time. I wish we had seen him.

Late in Frank Sinatra's life he was asked who he thought was the best that he had ever seen. His response was Prince. Even though I agreed with him I was surprised at his answer.

R.I.P.

Last edited:
a-googledoodle-4-prince-1958-2016-4896035294937088-6-hp-1461281283.gif

One of my favorites ... he was a musical genius.
He could make an album playing every instrument for each song.
Used to go see him when he opened for Joan Jett and few knew who he was ...
Loved his Super Bowl show ... it was so Prince.
Morris Day ...'The Time' was one of his projects ...
It was an era of fun club music ... but more sophisticated than disco was.
RIP ... you will be missed.
Prince-PurpleRainsingle.jpg

57 is young to pass, except if you are a famous artist. I wonder if, once they reach their objectives, they think "was that it ?" Or maybe the same individuals who have artistic gifts are also more predisposed to hard living and risk taking...

Wasn't a diehard fan, but recognized his abilities.

Late in Frank Sinatra's life he was asked who he thought was the best that he had ever seen. His response was Prince. Even though I agreed with him I was surprised at his answer.

R.I.P.
Wow! I had not heard that before. Thanks.

Now they're saying drug overdose last Friday, was brought back from the brink from that.

Didn't grow up in the 80s but i appreciate an artist who writes his own music and produces it. He also wrote songs for other artists. I love some of his songs including purple rain. The music today's mostly garbage with the exception of a couple of artists. R.I.P Prince Rogers Nelson

Now they're saying drug overdose last Friday, was brought back from the brink from that.

TMZ reported it. I wonder though if he was battling an illness that nobody knew about and he was taking pain killers for them

Sad day for the music world. If rumors are true he has thousands of music literature and songs stashed away. Who knows if they will ever find there way to the fans and artists?

Just surreal seeing your childhood/young adult heroes and influences passing on.

Sad day for the music world. If rumors are true he has thousands of music literature and songs stashed away. Who knows if they will ever find there way to the fans and artists?

Just surreal seeing your childhood/young adult heroes and influences passing on.

It seems when Jacko put out one album, Prince put out four.

Prolific indeed.

39 albums released

TMZ reported it. I wonder though if he was battling an illness that nobody knew about and he was taking pain killers for them

Jeez, that's terrible if true. Either way, may he rest in peace.

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I still believe that we'd have put his halftime show up there with U2's, had we just not blown a 21-3 lead in the AFCCG. The Bears SB would've been some nice payback for '85, and the '06 Pats would've destroyed them.

How much does Freddie Prince Jr. Stand to inherit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST