PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Players sue NFL and Union over Hedge Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give money to a huckster, and then want the players union (and thereby the league) to make up for it ?

Fools and their money .....

R

Maybe I'm just dense, but what does the NFL itself have to do with this ?? ?? ?? There is no reference to the investment operation being listed or touted by the NFL. Maybe you just sue anybody you can think of whether it makes any sense or not.

Tongue in Cheek: Is this a hint that the NFL organization manages the Union ??
(How farfetched is that notion.)

njpatsfan said:
Give money to a huckster, and then want the players union (and thereby the league) to make up for it ?

Not so simple, I think...the union certifies financial advisors and requires players to use one from their list. Under those circumstances, it's very reasonable for players to assume that the union has done due diligence.

(OT, there's a similar principle encouraging the dominance of the 401k market by handful of huge mutual fund firms. The benefits managers who design the plan hold a fiduciary responsibility to choose reasonable fund options. Otherwise they could be held personally liable for the results. So if you're a plan manager, you figure "ok, I choose Fidelity and I'm in the clear, nobody can possibly claim I was wacky and irresponsible because everybody uses Fidelity.")

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST