Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT Players sue NFL and Union over Hedge Fund

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mikey, Jun 27, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. njpatsfan

njpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Give money to a huckster, and then want the players union (and thereby the league) to make up for it ?

Fools and their money .....

R
  3. arrellbee

arrellbee Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Maybe I'm just dense, but what does the NFL itself have to do with this ?? ?? ?? There is no reference to the investment operation being listed or touted by the NFL. Maybe you just sue anybody you can think of whether it makes any sense or not.

Tongue in Cheek: Is this a hint that the NFL organization manages the Union ??
    (How farfetched is that notion.)
  4. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,119 / 9 / -2

#11 Jersey

Not so simple, I think...the union certifies financial advisors and requires players to use one from their list. Under those circumstances, it's very reasonable for players to assume that the union has done due diligence.

(OT, there's a similar principle encouraging the dominance of the 401k market by handful of huge mutual fund firms. The benefits managers who design the plan hold a fiduciary responsibility to choose reasonable fund options. Otherwise they could be held personally liable for the results. So if you're a plan manager, you figure "ok, I choose Fidelity and I'm in the clear, nobody can possibly claim I was wacky and irresponsible because everybody uses Fidelity.")
  5. 5 Rings for Brady!!

5 Rings for Brady!! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Patchick: So, like, do you have any good stock tips?