PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Patriots Highlights 1997-1998

Status
Not open for further replies.
Techni-Cullors is a personal trainer in Dallas.

I just remember him having a pretty good year as a KR in 1998 and then just falling off the face of the earth. Did he **** up or something? It's just a little odd to me.

EDIT - I see now. Troy Brown broke out in 1999 as a KR. Give Carroll credit for seeing that coming?

I just remember him having a pretty good year as a KR in 1998 and then just falling off the face of the earth. Did he **** up or something? It's just a little odd to me.

EDIT - I see now. Troy Brown broke out in 1999 as a KR. Give Carroll credit for seeing that coming?
Cullors was a backup 3rd down RB. Nothing more.

He had some decent returns. Just couldnt be consistent.

Shows you how memory kinda fools with you. I remember him being pretty good as a KR. Then again, in 1998, I was in college, partying, playing hockey, and...such. I wasn't as devoted to the Xs and Os as I am now.

Shows you how memory kinda fools with you. I remember him being pretty good as a KR. Then again, in 1998, I was in college, partying, playing hockey, and...such. I wasn't as devoted to the Xs and Os as I am now.

Yea. I was in college for the 89-92 seasons. Spent it drunk thank god.

Unrelated but does anyone know of any highlight videos for cassel in 08, Ive had a surprisingly hard time finding a highlight reel.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Curtis Martin
Terry Glenn
Bruce Armstrong
Willie McGinest (though this was early injured approaching bust territory McGinest)
Tedy Bruschi
Ted Johnson
Ty Law
Lawyer Milloy

So, 8 guys for me.

Ben Coates
Ty Law
Curtis Martin
Bruce Armstrong
Willie Clay
Tedy Bruschi

Where is Adam Vinatieri on these list?

Especially with how bad ghost has been this year.

Probably because I know what Terry Glenn eventually would be come... Also in 97/98 she was constantly injured.

You'd take our wide receivers over a prime terry glenn? That's crazy

Thats the whole point. What does "prime" mean?

While an immense talent, Glenn was erratic and unreliable physically and mentally.

For many reasons, I would take JE11 over Glenn.

Lawyer Milloy and a young willie Mac would make the starting lineup in our D.

People forget that in 1997 and 1998 Willie was oft-injured with a hammy and knee and dogged it under Pom-Pom. In 2000 he was not one of BB's favorite players because he was not in the best of condition and very average vs the run.

In the back-end of 2001 season his play improved almost exponentially and became what we all remember him as. Warrior, leader, a stout, clutch defensive player.

Lawyer would play over Chung no question.

How many players from 1997 would you take over the current starters. There are many.

No matter how talented some of the receivers might be, if they can't "get" Brady's/the Offensive timing down, it wouldn't matter.

This group of receivers in 2016 doesn't have the same talent but it's the first time I recall in the Brady era where every player "gets" the system.

Terry Glenn for example is one I question in a Brady system. But I think Bledsoe's rocket arm was well suited to take advantage of Glenn's speed and separation. Belichick certainly didn't seem to mesh well with Glenn's attitude - that's for sure!

Not that Brady can't replicate Bledsoe's deep throws if he has the right targets. Of course Brady has a lot more in his repertoire than Bledsoe ever did too... oddly it always seemed to me that Bledsoe lacked that short game "touch" that Brady is often demeaned for as a "dink and dunk" but the ability to do both as Brady does is a big advantage in keeping the changes moving.

That being said, I really don't doubt that if Belichick had never drafted Brady, he still could have won a Super Bowl with Bledsoe (and credit where due - if Bledsoe didn't step in for an injured Brady to make big play to win the AFC Championship against Pittsburgh, the "dynasty" certainly wouldn't have begun in 2001.)

Where is Adam Vinatieri on these list?

Especially with how bad ghost has been this year.

Vinatieri's career is breathtaking

He's surely one guy who skews away from the "after BB lets 'em go, they're all done"

It's mind boggling what he's accomplished in a long long career. Slam dunk Hall of Famer in a position that's doesn't produce many in the first place.

No way BB could ever have forseen that. I suppose it worked out fine from a cost/benefit with cap space a consideration, but damn - when you'll take a 43 year old guy even up for Gostkowski (on FGs at least) even up in 2016 that's saying a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back