PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Marvin Lewis Interviews With Houston

Lewis should be the coach of the lions. That is a team that wishes they could reliably win 8 games a year.

I'm not a fan of this. I feel like that franchise (Bengals) - while competitive during Lewis’ tenure - was undisciplined and a mess and their failures in the postseason are obviously well documented:

Can't even imagine them considering hiring him...? :confused:
Marvin Lewis was one of WORST coaches in history of NFL...Houston’s GM must have Dane Bramage.....

As was said earlier, beggars can't be choosers. And yet you have oxygen thieves on this board who want to run BB out of town...so we can have...Lewis? Fisher? BoB? Just dumb

I fear it’s the case more often than not.

I do, however, understand the idea of « the opportunity has its own merits » and that it may push more owners to see competent individuals from different backgrounds.

There are many angles to this, but too often discussing them leads to bad paths on online forums.
The fact that this subject can't be discussed is precisely the reason why we have a problem. Lewis would be a horrible selection. The only person in the history of the game with more one and done playoff exits is PEDton Manning.

As was said earlier, beggars can't be choosers. And yet you have oxygen thieves on this board who want to run BB out of town...so we can have...Lewis? Fisher? BoB? Just dumb
Who here is wanting want any of those dudes for HC of the NEP?

he should be... they have the qb in place... its an attractive job, except for the front office crap that has been going on
Rumor is Dorsey and Bienemy are a package deal. That said Bienemy's past is probably going to hurt him wherever he goes. I doubt he could even get a high profile team to sign him tbh.

Rumor is Dorsey and Bienemy are a package deal. That said Bienemy's past is probably going to hurt him wherever he goes. I doubt he could even get a high profile team to sign him tbh.
do you think if an owner thinks a hc / gm hire will help them win and win consistently, they really care about past indiscretions?

Are you referring to these incidents (from Wikipedia):

While at Colorado, Bieniemy was arrested following a February 1988 bar fight. Both Bieniemy and teammate Kanavis McGhee pleaded no contest—McGhee to a charge of second-degree assault, and Bieniemy to charges of disorderly conduct and fighting in public. They received deferred sentences and were ordered to perform community service. They were also subjected to unspecified disciplinary action by McCartney.[5] Also, on July 4, 1990, Bieniemy pleaded no contest in an incident in which he was accused of shoving a firefighter who had responded to his mother's house in Denver to douse a garage fire. Bieniemy received an eight-month suspended sentence[6] and was suspended for one game.[7]

On September 27, 1993, Bieniemy was arrested in Boulder, Colorado for allegedly harassing a parking attendant. According to the police report, "Bieniemy was with five friends in a parking lot when he allegedly approached a lot attendant from behind and grabbed her by the neck. The victim told police the contact was not painful, but it startled her. She said the man also made comments while holding her."[6] As a result of this incident, Bieniemy was banned from the University of Colorado Boulder campus for one year.[9]

While unfortunate, these don't quite seem like the offenses that should get somebody permanently disqualified from HC consideration, unless I'm forgetting others as well...?

do you think if an owner thinks a hc / gm hire will help them win and win consistently, they really care about past indiscretions?
Once you become a HC you become extremely high

You generally don’t want your big coaching hire to immediately be fielding this. Like you want to be happy about your hire. You have no idea how much something like that could explode. It could be a Ray Rice level thing where it’s always brought up and you lose sponsors and the brand becomes toxic.

I’m thinking the Pats should fire Belichick, interview Lewis, get the 3rd round draft pick and rehire Belichick. Would that be politically incorrect? Or do you have to hire him to get a 3rd round pick? Do you know how crazy this all is to me?

Once you become a HC you become extremely high

You generally don’t want your big coaching hire to immediately be fielding this. Like you want to be happy about your hire. You have no idea how much something like that could explode. It could be a Ray Rice level thing where it’s always brought up and you lose sponsors and the brand becomes toxic.

matt patricia all over again, in a sense

Lewis is the perfect hire for a Houston franchise that has twice this decade build then squandered an elite roster.

Who here is wanting want any of those dudes for HC of the NEP?

The point being that everyone thinks the grass is greener. Name a coach who you'd rather have than BB.

Unbelievable. He should send a big, fat douceur to the Rooney estate.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back