PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Mahomes and Kelce are big babies - what's wrong with Chiefs O?

Earl Thomas hit Gronk clean and hard.

Not all players went for his knees, but Gronk really was like a man among boys.
That's an easier play to light up a TE when he's not looking than when he has a head of steam in the open field. As good as Thomas was, he wouldn't have done that unless Gronk was a defenseless receiver.

But most defenders went at his knees and resulted to dirty tactics because it was a losing battle against him. Eric Berry who was another standout S, was hanging on to Gronk for dear life in the 2018 AFCCG.

I forgot about this gem. Kermit throwing his team under the bus after they got whooped by Brady in the Super Bowl. Peyton Manning would be proud.

Brady would never of course.

Truth is, the team deserved it. Mahomes was the only Chief trying by the 4th quarter that day. That game is the one where I gained more respect for Mahomes. It’s one thing to give max effort when things are going well. But to do it when you are getting ass whipped is another.

Truth is, the team deserved it. Mahomes was the only Chief trying by the 4th quarter that day. That game is the one where I gained more respect for Mahomes. It’s one thing to give max effort when things are going well. But to do it when you are getting ass whipped is another.
he may have been trying but the amount of praise he gets for that game is insane. his OL wasn’t good but it was no worse than Brady’s OL in 2007 against NYG or 2015 against DEN. the difference is that Mahomes made them look even worse than they were because he kept running around behind the LOS trying to make highlight and circus plays. any OL will look awful if the quarterback does that

Their pass defense was terrible (31st in yards) and run defense wasn't much better. Just like the Colts defense over the years... good at getting turnovers but bad at everything else. I don't think that kind of defense helped them win all that much.

2011 Pats allowed too many big games by middling to bad QB's to count on them for get a big stop in a Super Bowl when they needed to.

They were bad for sure. 31st in passing yards allowed, 31st in rushing yards per attempt and close to last in drives allowed for yards and time of possession. But they never made the Super Bowl. Brady's team did. He got them there.
I started this entire conversation by saying what Mahomes did in 2018 and Brady did in 2011 were pretty similar. Also if Mahomes defense were better he might have won... I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with at this point.

I started this entire conversation by saying what Mahomes did in 2018 and Brady did in 2011 were pretty similar. Also if Mahomes defense were better he might have won... I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with at this point.
Just with labelling the 2011 Pats defense “middling”. Still think that’s a generous assessment imo.

Just with labelling the 2011 Pats defense “middling”. Still think that’s a generous assessment imo.
Ironically they lost the Super Bowl because our offense couldn't score and turned the ball over.

The Pat's D held the Giants to their "middling" 21 PPG league average.

Yup, Mahomes and Kelce are big babies. :)

They are the best QB-receiver combination in the NFL and have led their team to an EIGHTH straight division championships. EVERY fan base except ours thinks that this is something to be praised in awe, rather than be the object of ridicule.

Last edited:

Kermit has to be higher than mars lol

Kermit has to be higher than mars lol

He's not high, that's just how he looks... weird and ugly and grimacing 24/7 as if he's got some type of Saw-movie contraption up his ass.

He sucked. The constant "it's everyone else's fault except Mahomes he's amazing" copes being applied to them sucking balls this year, and even to that blowout Super Bowl loss like you're doing, is getting really out of hand.

He sucked. The constant "it's everyone else's fault except Mahomes he's amazing" copes being applied to them sucking balls this year, and even to that blowout Super Bowl loss like you're doing, is getting really out of hand.
I didn’t say he played great. I said he didn’t quit - like most of the team did. And Mahomes has had plenty of games where he played great

I always hated that.

Gronk was the most physically dominant TE that I have ever seen.

Other players could not deal with his physicality one on one so they went for the knees.

I was impressed by one of the Seahawks’ safeties, ( Earl Thomas ? ), who drilled Gronk in the open field and dropped him. I gained a lot of respect for him after that. Why can’t other players play the game right and learn to tackle properly?

How much greater would Gronk have been without having to deal with these cheap shot artists?
Yeah and the refs were no help to Gronk in those situations..

I didn’t say he played great. I said he didn’t quit - like most of the team did. And Mahomes has had plenty of games where he played great
Trying to prop him up by making the claim that his teammates quit in the Super Bowl and he was the only one trying is ****ing asinine.

He threw 2 picks, had a fumble I think, and several overthrows, in addition to trying to play hero-ball by scrambling around 20 yards deep into the backfield which I'm guessing gives you the illusion of "he's the only one trying". A random fan could've gone in there to do that and produced the same result.

Yup, Mahomes and Kelce are big babies. :)

They are the best QB-receiver combination in the NFL and have led their team to an EIGHTH straight division championships. EVERY fan base except ours thinks that this is something to be praised in awe, rather than be the object of ridicule.
It is super impressive and I wouldn't be shocked if the Queefs represent the AFC in the Superbowl again with that being said they were being big babies

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back