Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Local Reporter Steve Burton, how reliable is he ?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by scott99, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott99

scott99 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 76 / -62

#87 Jersey

I think I've seen Steve Burton while on vacation in Boston, but don't know much about him. Is he a very reliable guy ? Does he come up with scoops that are usually true ? Reason I'm asking is because he is reporting that there has been great progress in the NHL Lockout (must be secret meetings because a meeting isn't scheduled until tomorrow), and that a resolution to save the season will be announced tomorrow or Wednesday. Being a HUGE hockey fan, I'm hoping he's a guy who's been right more than wrong. Any insight about this Burton guy would be greatly appreciated.
  2. bruinator

bruinator Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I said this on a Bruins forum and the thread was closed after a few posts. It appears he is not too reliable when it comes to hockey. Stick to football Steve.
  3. scott99

scott99 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 76 / -62

#87 Jersey

The Bruins board at Hockeysfuture ?
  4. bruinator

bruinator Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

That's the one.
  5. BB4PRez

BB4PRez Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

IMO he is an honest guy.
  6. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,111 / 8 / -7

#75 Jersey

Steve Burton is pretty good. Has great connections in the sports community and deep ties to players,agents, etc. His dad, the great Ron Burton (the FIRST draft pick in Patriots history) built a tremendous charitable legacy after his football days with the Ron Burton Training Village, among other good works endeavors. Steve grew up around the sports and charitable business so he's shmoozed a few movers and shakers from all sports since he was young.

My guess is he has some very good and deep sources. He's one of the head guys at WBZ, so if he is saying something, there very well be some depth to it. He's not exactly Tomase.
  7. scott99

scott99 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 76 / -62

#87 Jersey

Next to a Patriot's Super Bowl victory this year, nothing would make me happier than having a hockey season, regardless of how short it is. What is missing from the negotiations is a great owner like Robert Kraft. The football lockout would have lasted longer if they didn't have Kraft involved. Love that guy. Hopefully Burton has great hockey sources.
  8. bruinator

bruinator Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Didn't Kraft help out in ending the NBA lockout? If so, Bob plz help with the NHL too.
  9. realtime

realtime Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

He's probably the worst interviewer in sports broadcasting history, but he seems like an honest guy who would not report something he does not truly believe.
  10. PatsSox363804

PatsSox363804 Rookie

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0

He broke the Kessel cancer story a few years ago so he has a contact somewhere. Hope he's right on this one.
  11. Nordberg

Nordberg Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm sure Steve has connections in the Boston Community. Seems like a nice guy.

That being said.......I think he is the biggest yahoo the media has to offer.

I'll never forget how he kept going on and on about Flutie's drop kick field goal years ago. Total clown
  12. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,742 / 16 / -21

isn't his signature sports casting moment the sideline attempt to get Schilling to the mic?.....Curt!...Curt!!!...can I get a few words?...Curt!!!"
  13. scott99

scott99 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 76 / -62

#87 Jersey

He has reported it on both the 6pm AND 10pm broadcast now. He must feel pretty confident about his sources, otherwise he ruins his credibility forever.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.