PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets @ Colts game discussion (AFC Championship Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady, while not a bum, was a shadow of his former self this year, that's just the truth. If the team doesn't beef up the O-line, grab a few solid receivers, and get a good OC he will continue to decline and probably call it quits after a few more years.

No, we will just see him playing for the Jets.

The bad news is the Colts are now in the super bowl.

they have to be favored especially agaisnt the saints whose defense is suspect.

Yes, I agree. In his first season back from major knee surgery, all he did was lead his team to a division title and put up this stat line:

371-565 (65.7%), 4398 yds, 28 td, 13 int, 96.2 rating

Here's how those categories rank in Brady's first-ballot Hall of Fame career:

65.7 completion %: 2nd best ever
4398 yds: 2nd best ever
28 td: tied for 2nd best ever
96.2 rating: 2nd best ever

Considering that his best stats in all those categories were all from his record-setting 2007 season, it quickly becomes apparent that 2009 was Tom Brady's second best season (statistically, anyway).

Yep, that dude is a real bum. Why can't he set records *every* year??
Don't bother ivanvamp. Despite Brady returning from a major knee reconstruction having a better year than Manning after his simple arthroscope, it's funny the short memory Colts people employ given their wildcard exit last season.

Manning is having an exceptional season and they still feel the need to compare with him against Brady or denigrate Brady. That's truly the greatest compliment one can give.

Last edited:
i really didnt care that much who won this game as long as the saints win it all

Belichick had a good quote about stats. How many 4th quarter combacks did Brady engineer?

What about key 3rd down conversions?

How was he on the road?

How well did he throw while pressured?

How many bonehead throws did he make to guys in double coverage?

What about interceptions where there wasn't a receiver close to the defender?

Brady, while not a bum, was a shadow of his former self this year, that's just the truth. If the team doesn't beef up the O-line, grab a few solid receivers, and get a good OC he will continue to decline and probably call it quits after a few more years.

All great questions that will never get answered. As they say, if you dont like it, leave...

are you shocked you fat POS?:singing::singing::singing::singing:

Don't bother ivanvamp. Despite Brady returning from a major knee reconstruction having a better year than Manning after his simple arthroscope, it's funny the short memory Colts people employ given their wildcard exit last season.

Manning is have an exceptional season and they still feel the need to compare with him against Brady or denigrate Brady. That's truly the greatest compliment one can give.

I thought about that after I sent the post. Why did I spend the three minutes to look that up and send it? :confused2:

are you shocked you fat POS?:singing::singing::singing::singing:

LMAO! :D: I rooted for the Colts today. There was no way in HELL that I could ever root for the Jets. May the football Gods forgive me.

And even with all that "shadow of his self" stuff, he still posted as good a season as anything before 2007.

I'd still predict he'd do better in 2010 before I'd predict he'd do worse.

Based on the fact that Tom Brady has lost a Super Bowl, Brett Favre has lost a Super Bowl, it's time for Peyton Manning to lose a Super Bowl.

LMAO! :D: I rooted for the Colts today. There was no way in HELL that I could ever root for the Jets. May the football Gods forgive me.

Speaking of the football gods, did you know that Rex has his own version of a song from Carmina Burana?

Vellet deus, vellent dii
Quod mente proposui
Ut eius refrigerator reserassem vincula. . . .

May the god, may the gods
Grant what I propose,
That I may loosen the chains of her refrigerator. . . . :D

Based on the fact that Tom Brady has lost a Super Bowl, Brett Favre has lost a Super Bowl, it's time for Peyton Manning to lose a Super Bowl.

and its time for brees to win one

I know we're all happy the Jets loss, but their fans have to be happy with the way this season turned out. Better than any of them would have expected and with Sanchez getting more experience, that team is only going to get better.

JETS fans are suckers so they're probably thrilled. It doesn't take much after 41 years. Film is a wonderful thing. We got everything on Jr.'s offense you could want now on how he runs it with this QB (as opposed to revolving QB's or a dinosaur gunslinger).

Mangini had a lot of promise that first season, we wuz in big trouble in the division as I recall. Season 2 we only won 16 games... Didn't quite work out for the JETS even when we lost Brady in his third and final season.

This was probably their best shot in a decade and it was a gift horse so the speak and it kicked 'em in the nuts when all was said and done. Rex can't maintain a team at this frenetic pace for a season, bank on it. Overly emotional HC's and teams experience too many highs and lows. Eventually they just implode.

It was the hand of God...Caldwell is like a Dungy clone...

At least Peyton knows to thank those 4 receivers...

The scary thing is that colts are without the #2 receiver A. Golzales; scary thought what that passing offense could become next year. Impressive

Defense secondary played terrific without Bob Sanders and Marlin Jackson. Impressive.

Manning reading polaroids, making adjustments, completely overwhelming the defense, impressive.

He is better than Brady. No doubt.
It was the hand of God...Caldwell is like a Dungy clone...

At least Peyton knows to thank those 4 receivers...

JETS fans are suckers so they're probably thrilled. It doesn't take much after 41 years. Film is a wonderful thing. We got everything on Jr.'s offense you could want now on how he runs it with this QB (as opposed to revolving QB's or a dinosaur gunslinger).

Mangini had a lot of promise that first season, we wuz in big trouble in the division as I recall. Season 2 we only won 16 games... Didn't quite work out for the JETS even when we lost Brady in his third and final season.

This was probably their best shot in a decade and it was a gift horse so the speak and it kicked 'em in the nuts when all was said and done. Rex can't maintain a team at this frenetic pace for a season, bank on it. Overly emotional HC's and teams experience too many highs and lows. Eventually they just implode.
The Jets had a serviceable regular season coupled with let's face it, a fairly successful play off run. They were beaten by the best team in the AFC in the Conference Championship. Look for America's Game and NFL Films to immortalize the Jets Championship run for all of eternity.

Well I would like to see what Peyton plays like hurt.. Brady has been getting killed the last 2 years.. and not to mention the offensive scheme hurt this team this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back