Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Jags lose both guards

Discussion in 'Visiting Locker Room' started by BadMoFo, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +38 / 2 / -1

Not a good opening day for lots of teams.

2. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

OUCH! First injuries to their wideouts crippled their passing game, now injuries to OLmen could cripple their run game.

Looks like their D will have to carry them the rest of the way.

3. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Isn't vince young gonna miss some time?

4. BritPat

BritPat In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +363 / 4 / -4

#54 Jersey

Oh well, at least 1 team got some good news on the injury front today.

5. ICSB

ICSB Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Damn.......:eek:

6. PatriotNMP43

PatriotNMP43 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

WOW, the jags are thin on big uglies. Stupid me should of picked tennessee in my pool.

7. Boston Jay

Boston Jay 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Ruptured bicep?

"ow."

8. T-Bone

T-Bone Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"Classy" Bills fans are already cheering all these injuries as this makes them think they are going to win the Super Bowl. Dream on Bills Fans.

9. boco357

boco357 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Would you stop lumping all Bills fans together. No one cared when the Bills had 17 players on IR last year. Injuries are part of the game. I didn't cheer when Brady got hurt, it sucks. I want them to beat the Patriots with him in.

10. T-Bone

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As a Patriot fan, I could care less about the Bills IR list. I care only about the Patriots, yet whenever I visit a Bills site hoping that I won't see vile disgusting posts about other teams, those hopes are dashed.

I saw more about Brady's injury than the miracle of your team winning a game. So yes, I stand by my contention that Bills fans are classless and the worst in the NFL.

11. MarvLevy

MarvLevy Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You're hilarious.

Attached Files:

12. R. Rich

R. Rich Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I suppose this is as appropriate a time to finally post here as any. Only took me 'bout 4 years.

Boneman, you know better than to generalize each and every fan like this. While I know you have an axe to grind w/ many on TBD, I have never given you any reason to lump me into the angry mob. Anyone who knows me or reads what I post would never make that statement.

I think the injury sucks. It robs the fans of a pretty damn good player to watch. Wasn't it just good football to watch the QB duel @ the end of the Super Bowl? I had no horse in that race, yet I found it fun to watch Brady do what he does best and then to see Manning equal it. Either way, it was just fun to see.

Worst fans in the NFL? Wow. I've been to many stadiums over the years, and I know Bills fans have had their moments, but I still don't know if I'd just generalize 'em (there's that word again) as the worst. I've seen idiot fans in every stadium I've been in, so I guess all I could say is that the Bills certainly don't have a monopoly on dumba** fans.

Not that I don't see why many are the way they are. Our team is starved for any measure of success. We're going on a decade of missing the playoffs and even before the salad days of Kelly, Thurm, Reed, and Bruuuuce, we weren't all that good. I watched the Bills win 8 games in my first 3 years of high school. Yeah, we have had it bad. Then again, what if the timing were different? Meaning, what if the internet exploded during the era when the Pats were a team on the bottom? I'd have to believe you'd see many of the same frustrations manifest itself in the form of colorful and, many times, idiotic rants. That certainly doesn't justify it though. All I can hope for, as a fan, is that the Bills actually win and that the diehard fans stick 'round on the boards for good discussion while the others just kinda get lost.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  13. T-Bone

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I find it very interesting and revealing that you can come to a Patriots board and post this, yet on the very board, TBD, where there is thread after thread of cheering, gloating, and joy over injuries to Brady and Jag players, you have nothing to say at all.

Nobody on this board rejoices when players are injuried, that is the definition of class.

14. R. Rich

R. Rich Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I choose not to respond in many of those "angry mob" type threads that go on over there. They're often childish and pointless.

All I'm pointing out is that not each and every fan is like that. Have I ever treated you like that on TBD? I can't speak for every Bills fan, just for myself.

15. Pat_the_Patriot

Pat_the_Patriot Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Dude.. this is a big deal for US... it's going to come down to us and the Bills for the East, man.... we NEED them to lose some games.. their schedule is as soft as ours... did folks here SEE the game against SEA? They dismantled them.... we NEED JAX to show up here.

I think that we can handle both the Jets and the Bills.. but I think it might come down to the last game to take the Bills out (up in Orchard Park).

I hope not.. but their coaching staff is good... they're coming up in our rearview and we just lost some horses, fellas.

16. T-Bone

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I want to see the Jags win this game.

17. R. Rich

R. Rich Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Just as I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Patriots, I wouldn't go putting either the Bills or Jets in as the odds on favorite. To me, the Pats are still the team to beat........'til someone beats 'em.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.