PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Irsay announces major news at 5pm today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The line of men who have given everything is far too long for our society to construct statues of sports figures. Just mho.

Of course but we are talking about sports here.

I sure as hell you aren't proposing we put up statues of politicians?

Of course but we are talking about sports here.

I sure as hell you aren't proposing we put up statues of politicians?
It's been a long time since a statesman has earned such an honor, IMO. I know of no politician that ever has except perhaps Lincoln. Sure, he started as a politician, but he eventually became a truly great statesman. IMHO, that man has earned his statues.

It's been a long time since a statesman has earned such an honor, IMO. I know of no politician that ever has except perhaps Lincoln. Sure, he started as a politician, but he eventually became a truly great statesman. IMHO, that man has earned his statues.

Let me clarify.....active politicians.

Lincoln, Washington, etc all deserve statues.

I was in Indy a few weeks ago and saw the Oil can up close. It almost has a cathedral look about it with flying buttresses to support the roof when it opens. Makes sense, how the population worships Irsay and his team. It is next to the convention center and the heart of downtown on one side.
However on the other side, literally in line of sight to the oilcan are boarded up homes and chain linked vacant lots with garage strewn everywhere. As I drove along the highway from the convention center to the airport, it was really sad how run down the area looked. Guess that's why they have such a meth problem there. Peyton's statue will look right at home.

let me guess. I think he is going to announce that blue meth is indeed better and that the color isnt just for show.

Borges: NFL's no-talk rule a dilemma for Texans

From an otherwise meh column that's actually about Osweiler and Bill O'Brien,

... frankly, the last time O’Brien saw Osweiler in uniform, he’d been benched in favor of an aging quarterback who could no longer throw his car keys onto the kitchen table without them being intercepted by the family dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back