PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Hoyer has memory loss and won't play Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd want to forget my stints with the Browns and Texans, too.

Joking aside, Get well Brian!

I can't find link to video of the play he got hurt on. Anyone got a link?

Best wishes indeed. That's a tough thing to deal with. My son suffered a severe concussion in Afghanistan (from an IED) Back in 2010. He's still suffering with short-term memory loss.

Hoyer did well for the Patriots as a back up and did well for the Browns too. Hope this all works out well for him.

I had a bike accident about 20 years ago, and still to this day do not know exactly what happened. When I came to on the side of the road, with my helmet cracked in two (!) and a nurse asked me my name, I did not know it. It was a little freaky. But I knew that memory would return. And obviously it did. Hope that's the case with Brian as well.

Gwedd, prayers for your son's recovery; we are grateful for and ever-mindful of his defense of our freedoms.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. He can get by pretty well, but for important things like appointments, shopping, etc, even meetups with me, friends, He needs to make a note about it and/or post something on the fridge, etc.

Thanks for the thoughts. :)

Giver your son our thanks and best wishes as well.

Prayers for your son's recovery; we are grateful for and ever-mindful of his defense of our freedoms.

I had a bike accident about 20 years ago, and still to this day do not know exactly what happened. When I came to on the side of the road, with my helmet cracked in two (!) and a nurse asked me my name, I did not know it. It was a little freaky. But I knew that memory would return. And obviously it did. Hope that's the case with Brian as well.

I think you're mixing up two different things here.

Our wounded warrior has reliability problems with his new short-term memories. That's a serious sacrifice to have made for his country.

If I understand your situation correctly, you permanently lost memory of a specific episode in your life, namely one that end with you taking a hard hit. Further, you temporarily lost a lot of your memory. That's something different. You seem to be OK now,, and that's great.

Best wishes indeed. That's a tough thing to deal with. My son suffered a severe concussion in Afghanistan (from an IED) Back in 2010. He's still suffering with short-term memory loss.

Hoyer did well for the Patriots as a back up and did well for the Browns too. Hope this all works out well for him.

Best Wishes, he is truely a Patriot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back