PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Hoyer has memory loss and won't play Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pain

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
John McClainVerified account‏@McClain_on_NFL
The reason Brian Hoyer isn't playing against the Jets is cause he suffered memory loss against Bengals. He should return against Saints.
11:49 AM - 19 Nov 2015

-----

All from a hit most of us did not see. Where is Mallet?

serious note, I hope hes okay, and doesnt have any long term damage.

Joke note "I don't remember what its like to be a winner"

Best wishes indeed. That's a tough thing to deal with. My son suffered a severe concussion in Afghanistan (from an IED) Back in 2010. He's still suffering with short-term memory loss.

Hoyer did well for the Patriots as a back up and did well for the Browns too. Hope this all works out well for him.

Once agin the announcers had it wrong, they were saying that the independent doctor took Hoyer off the feels when it was actually the Texans, and now we know why. This is serious, memory loss is nit a twisted ankle.

Best wishes indeed. That's a tough thing to deal with. My son suffered a severe concussion in Afghanistan (from an IED) Back in 2010. He's still suffering with short-term memory loss.

Hoyer did well for the Patriots as a back up and did well for the Browns too. Hope this all works out well for him.
Wow that's horrible. Hope your son is getting the care he needs.

Wow that's horrible. Hope your son is getting the care he needs.

Oh yeah. He can get by pretty well, but for important things like appointments, shopping, etc, even meetups with me, friends, He needs to make a note about it and/or post something on the fridge, etc.

Thanks for the thoughts. :)

I am so sorry to hear this. Wishing him well.

John McClainVerified account‏@McClain_on_NFL
The reason Brian Hoyer isn't playing against the Jets is cause he suffered memory loss against Bengals. He should return against Saints.
11:49 AM - 19 Nov 2015
I like that an injury update is being reported to us by a user called Dr. Pain.
Where is Mallet?
Where indeed, could be working on him Mullet.

It'd be nice to see Hoyer do well, not just for himself or BOB, but to knock the colts out of the postseason (though I wouldn't mind if the Patriots host them/colts either).

That's just terrible, I wonder if there will be anything that can be done to help prevent these brain injuries

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Texans are basically tied for the lead in their division. Doesn't matter, of course, because they would have to play some real team if they make the playoffs.

Best wishes from me and SBB.......

Passing along my thoughts there also and thank you to your son for his service.

Hoyer should give some serious thought to hanging 'em up.

Look on the plus side here. Hopefully Brian has forgotten his experience in Cleveland totally

Hoyer should give some serious thought to hanging 'em up.

And then he should do it.

We don't know whether it's safe to keep playing, and most surprises regarding concussion safety are on the unpleasant side.

But it should be his choice, and not forced on him, and the reason for that is subtle -- the next Hoyer shouldn't have to be afraid to be honest about his symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes