PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Hockey Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodie

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Good article. http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/articles/2006/04/21/return_engagement_for_a_spectacular_show/

The paragraph below sums up my feelings about the hockey playoffs. It's a great time of year.

''What about those Stanley Cup playoffs!" he says, as if, somehow, I missed the best two months in all of sports. ''I don't watch a single NHL game all season, but the playoffs begin, and it's like some weird spell comes over me, or something. My God, they kill each other out there, night after night. It's unbelievable. And then, overtime . . . sudden death . . . are you kidding me?! I sit there on my kitchen chair, with my nose pressed right up to the TV screen. I'm not kidding. I'm afraid even to open the fridge. What a thing!"

Last edited:
Whats your picks?

Im sticking with the flames

Until the Bruins are run by people who want to win and will pay for it Hockey is irrelevant....I would rather watch grass grow over a white dog turd than watch the Rangers and Devils...Its a shame because Boston loves its hockey but we havnt seen any worth watching in a long time. The Nhl needs Boston one of the original six.....on another note the NBA needs its most historic franchise the Celtics as well I get so sick of the morons who say they need a great team in NY...please ...16 to 1 without the Cs there would not have been an Nba..the NBA without a great team in NY sure the hell aint nothing new....I hate that city so bad...aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Does Boston still have a hockey team? Or are they just a AA team now? What's the Bruins malfunction any? Bad management? They used to be fairly competitive......... Pity

lol

yes the burins are still around, the origianl 6 is not doing so well, witht he exception of the wings of course

2006 Stanley Cup Champion San Jose Sharks!

Conn Smythe winner Joe Thornton :D .

Not sure if SJ has the D and goaltending to win 4 series, but they've been playing outstanding hockey since the trade deadline. Detroit owned them this year, though, and both Calgary and Anaheim play them really tough. If they make it to the SCF, a team like Ottawa could give their tired D fits. Still, gotta go with the Sharks.

Regards,
Chris

Score Bobby Orr!...Bad ownership....Bad FO they are the anti-pats...That being said all other teams could fall off the face of the earth and no one would care....that being said I love the NHL

Hoodie said:
Good article. http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/articles/2006/04/21/return_engagement_for_a_spectacular_show/

The paragraph below sums up my feelings about the hockey playoffs. It's a great time of year.

''What about those Stanley Cup playoffs!" he says, as if, somehow, I missed the best two months in all of sports. ''I don't watch a single NHL game all season, but the playoffs begin, and it's like some weird spell comes over me, or something. My God, they kill each other out there, night after night. It's unbelievable. And then, overtime . . . sudden death . . . are you kidding me?! I sit there on my kitchen chair, with my nose pressed right up to the TV screen. I'm not kidding. I'm afraid even to open the fridge. What a thing!"

Hoodie, Hoodie, Hoodie.......What the HELL are you doing starting a thread about hockey on the FOOTBALL board???? Sheesh, haven't you learned yet that we can only talk about football, nekked women, Monty Beisel's wife and lesbian cheerleaders on this board??? :D

BTW, where is Tunescribe? Shouldn't he have hijacked this thread by now with his observations on the evils of the Bruins organization and the NHL in general?? Oh yeah, he's probably watching Beckett pitching against the Jays.....

My pick is Detriot!

GO SOX!!! ;)

Last edited:
Bill's Girl said:
Hoodie, Hoodie, Hoodie.......What the HELL are you doing starting a thread about hockey on the FOOTBALL board???? Sheesh, haven't you learned yet that we can only talk about football, nekked women, Monty Beisel's wife and lesbian cheerleaders on this board??? :D

BTW, where is Tunescribe? Shouldn't he have hijacked this thread by now with his observations on the evils of the Bruins organization and the NHL in general?? Oh yeah, he's probably watching Beckett pitching against the Jays.....

My pick is Detriot!

GO SOX!!! ;)

Hockey? I thought it was Roller Derby on ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back