Should I give up Shaun Alexander for Rudi Johnson

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I have Shaun Alexander who has been very unimpressive so far and have been offered Rudi Johnson. Should I accept that offer?

Through 2 games:

Alexander:
45 carries for 140 yards
3 receptions for 10 yards
1 TD

Johnson:
54 carries for 241 yards
3 receptions for 10 yards
3 TDs

not even close... if you trade alexander for johnson, you need your head examined.

SoCal Bong said:
I have Shaun Alexander who has been very unimpressive so far and have been offered Rudi Johnson. Should I accept that offer?
I've won many fantasy leagues by taking advantage of people who stupidly overreact to how a player plays over the first week or two. Sounds to me like that's what someone's trying to get you to do.

PatsWorldChamps said:
not even close... if you trade alexander for johnson, you need your head examined.

Agreed. (words, words, words)

QuiGon said:
I've won many fantasy leagues by taking advantage of people who stupidly overreact to how a player plays over the first week or two. Sounds to me like that's what someone's trying to get you to do.

Qui, if he is even considering this, he isn't going to go anywhere anyway. It just doesn't matter.

I don't agree at all with the above posters. I loved Rudi Johnson coming into this season, I was hoping to get him with the 9th pick in my league and he went one pick early, and I didn't like Alexander's prospects at all minus Steve Hutchinson blocking on the left side for him. I would have taken Rudi 3rd overall, behind LT and Tiki Barber (Larry Johnson scared me too because of the reshuffled offensive line in KC, and Herm Edwards). Alexander is good, and may yet prove to be better than Johnson this season, but my original thought was Rudi Johnson was going to have a huge year, and he hasn't disappointed yet. I'd do it.

I know that by name alone it probably does seem ridiculous but I've actually watched Alexander's first 2 games and he has not been finding any holes to break through and just looks sluggish compared to last year - and this is against the Lions and Saints, not exactly shut down defenses.

I haven't watch Cinci's games but I heard that he looks better than ever.

LOL I think you're in my fantasy league so I shouldn't say anything. But I think bottom line you gotta go with who produces. That's why I'm leading the league in points. Well having Ladainian Tomlinson doesn't hurt either. :)

I loved the fact that Alexander and Larry Johnson got hyped up so big this year. Left me the safest pick in the draft at RB selecting from the #3 spot.

i'd take johnson for alexander, but make them throw something else in the deal--a WR or TE upgrade

unless Hutchinson returns to Seattle and Floyd Womack doesn't miss more than 2-3 weeks, Alexander is going to have problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News