PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - ESPN "Peyton Manning Sparks Comeback" (5/9 for 69 Yards)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CISGS

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Not posting a link (they don't deserve the clicks) but this made me lol this morning.

It is going to be a really fun next two weeks with the media over-hyping Denver.

Aqib Talib said:
"It lifted the whole stadium, it lifted the O-line, the O-line got with it. I don’t know if it was just his presence, but it was just a little energy came through the building."

Peyton Manning said:
"If we need you, can we put you in there?'" Manning said. "And I said, 'I haven’t played in six weeks, but I can go in and do something."

Brock Osweiler said:
"Coach Kubiak came over to me ... and said, ‘Hey, we’re going to go with Peyton now, Brock. You played well for us -- we’re going to try to get a little spark. Peyton … he sparked the whole team."

"Here I come to save the day!!"

I do agree he was the spark but Anderson was the flame that burned the Chargers' D.

Well you know what they say, if you have 2 quarterbacks it's because you haven't got 1. It is going to be interesting to watch the Broncos navigate their way through the playoffs with a quarterback controversy on their backs.

He came in after being out for weeks with his team losing and they ended up winning and getting the #1 seed. Kinda hard to take issue with ESPN here.

He came in after being out for weeks with his team losing and they ended up winning and getting the #1 seed. Kinda hard to take issue with ESPN here.

All manning did was hand off the ball. His passes still looked like ducks and he still looked like a statue in the pocket. Nothing manning did made me think he was back

Cj anderson and hillman won that game. If you stop those guys denver becomes pretty easy to stop.

I think they Ultimately will regret going back to manning. Its clear brock can run their offense better and can pass better.

With manning its still stifle the middle and force him to throw deep with that noodle arm. I expect them to go one and done

Not posting a link (they don't deserve the clicks) but this made me lol this morning.

It is going to be a really fun next two weeks with the media over-hyping Denver.
The glorious return of Peyton Manning [Pick Be Upon Him] will be the breathless storyline of the NYJFL now. His post-season is now red-carpeted. No zebra will want to throw a flag that might hinder the inexorable, ineluctible advance of this mighty hero to his final, greatest Super Bowl ...

... choke.

If the Broncos win the Superbowl with Peyton on the bench the media will still regard him as two time Superbowl champion quarterback.

If the Broncos win the Superbowl with Peyton on the bench the media will still regard him as two time Superbowl champion quarterback.

Peyton Manning, 2 time Super Bowl winner*

*may not have actually played

All manning did was hand off the ball. His passes still looked like ducks and he still looked like a statue in the pocket. Nothing manning did made me think he was back

Cj anderson and hillman won that game. If you stop those guys denver becomes pretty easy to stop.

I think they Ultimately will regret going back to manning. Its clear brock can run their offense better and can pass better.

With manning its still stifle the middle and force him to throw deep with that noodle arm. I expect them to go one and done
I don't disagree with any of that, really--just saying it was conveyed generally fairly by ESPN.

I would not have made the change at this point. I think Manning was good for one of these "come into the game and save the day" things, however the Broncos ultimately won. Now they've used that up, taken away Brock's stature as the #1 guy, and are stuck with Manning as their QB.

I don't think it will end well for them.

Why do people watch ESPN ? I haven't watched since 2012 post super bowl and I'm a lot happier. I'd be even hAppier if it wasn't posted here they troll us cuz they ain't us.

I do agree he was the spark but Anderson was the flame that burned the Chargers' D.
Yeah, it was mostly Anderson. The thing about all this Manning stuff is he's been resting this whole time. He really needs to put together two or so strong performances because that D is going to win them at least one playoff game, although they have shown cracks recently. In a one-game scenario, even a busted up Peyton Manning should be a legit thought.

With that said, he's looked mostly terrible for a season and a half now, though like stated, he's gotten that arm a lot of rest. Our secondary must get healthy. Butler is a roller coaster (mostly good) and Ryan seems to be regressing just slightly in recent weeks. He was legit beat on at least two big passes yesterday. He and Butler both bite hard on double moves, and that's on film for the playoff opponents. On the flip side, I think we finished league leading in team sacks. Our front seven can and will get after it. This should be a fun playoffs to watch with all the challenges.

Well, given that I still see people here talk about what a "great" job Bledsoe did in relief of Brady in the 2001 AFCCG, we're not exactly ones to talk.

I said to my wife last night that if the Broncos get to the Super Bowl, I don't think I can watch the game, or at least mute it. Nantz and Simms were practically slobbering over him yesterday...

A few things:
  • Did Manning really provide a spark or did the fact that half of the Chargers' defense going down by the time he got in really allow the Broncos' offense to score points?
  • What is Manning going to do when the first team they face are prepared to face him and flood the center of the field and force him to throw deep, outside the numbers?
  • I wasn't impressed that much more with the Broncos' win than the Pats' loss yesterday. The Chargers were already depleted going into that game with most of the o-line gone, Stevei Johnson out, and several key players out. As the game went along, the Chargers lost most of the rest of their offense and secondary.

I think the more accurate headline should read "Grotesquely Disfigured Cheater sparks HGH fueled comeback".

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back