PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: (edit) COPA Finals - Argentina vs Chile !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it higuain that missed that chip shot? That was ridiculous. Reminded me of the world cup.

From The Guardian:

Killer stat time: In Heber Lopes’s four matches leading up to this game he had shown 21 yellows and three red cards. He is nothing if not consistent.

Was it higuain that missed that chip shot? That was ridiculous. Reminded me of the world cup.
Brutal .. he looked lost the whole time .. wanted the ball on his right foot and paid for it.

From The Guardian:

Killer stat time: In Heber Lopes’s four matches leading up to this game he had shown 21 yellows and three red cards. He is nothing if not consistent.
Ruins it for the fans ... sad they picked him.
Taking the physicality out of soccer is dumb.

Seems like every penalty results in a yellow card.

I was reading on The Guardian that the field is too small which is limiting space and causing all the fouls. If it is just the size of a football field, it is definitely too small.
Don't know if it's regulation world futball, but it's larger than a football field. They're using up most of the sidelines and also beyond the end zones.

Don't know if it's regulation world futball, but it's larger than a football field. They're using up most of the sidelines and also beyond the end zones.
I am sure it is within regulation but it seems a bit narrow from sideline to sideline compared to some of the top stadiums. You can tell by comparing the size of the D area to the size of the field. Interestingly, 10 on 10 seems to have made the game a bit more open and better.

I like Messi but boy does he love to flop

Argentina seem happy to play defense and long ball. If anyone can win this, it's Chile.

Why doesn't soccer fine for flopping? That hard to do huh? And if they do..it isn't enough....

They should never picked a brazilian referee for the final, they are utter garbage.

Why doesn't soccer fine for flopping? That hard to do huh? And if they do..it isn't enough....
I don't think soccer bodies levy fines for any on-field infractions, which in my mind is a good thing. Any on field infraction should have a commensurate on field penalty.

The game is much faster than even 20 years ago ...
FIFA needs to go to a 2 ref system and I believe they are already trying it.

I don't think soccer bodies levy fines for any on-field infractions, which in my mind is a good thing. Any on field infraction should have a commensurate on field penalty.

It's just a joke to watch...why i could never get into it when players pay dead on the field from not getting touched. I guess that's what soccer fans are use to so they deal with it? idk

Fantastic save by Romero.

And another at the other end!

Ref is a clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft