PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Eagles fans want Hobbs out

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't hypocritical at all. All that quoted statement confers is an expression of incredulity, as well as a tacit invitation for you to flesh out your position. Which you chose not to do.

Interesting way to try avoiding an admission.

Last edited:
It's Philly. Two weeks ago, they wanted Asante's head on a Pike. This week, it's Hobbs and McDermott.

It's strikingly similar to the way Patriots fans treat their whipping boys.

No. Sorry; the Philly fans are the lowest of the low. Even BB said as much (riots in the stands etc.). I just hope the McNabe tortures them for years and years....

Have you watched him play this year? He certainly is.
Why do people assume that we don't watch other games. Of course I've seen him play. He's not a below average corner and he's never been a below average corner. He's been a serviceable corner who played to an OK, not brilliant level for a while.

Why do people assume that we don't watch other games. Of course I've seen him play. He's not a below average corner and he's never been a below average corner. He's been a serviceable corner who played to an OK, not brilliant level for a while.

I dunno, ask Deus :)

I'm not sure where you put serviceable in the spectrum of cornerback evaluation, but if you're in danger of losing your job to Trevard Lindley or even Joselio Hanson... well, it doesn't speak well on Mr. Hobbs behalf.

While his defensive skills were always up and down, you can't argue that he usually got some good field position in kickoffs.

We've got Brandon Tate. I'm not missing seeing Hobbs every other weekly 'I got burnt like toast' plays. Philly fans are brutal. But they also realized what some of us already knew. Hobbs should not be anything more than a nickelback because QBs will throw at him all day and often succeed.

Ellis Hobbs was mediocre to poor. A great special teams return guy who was pretty woefull in coverage - especially one on one. He's a nickle at best. The problem with Hobbs is that his ego far surpasses his defensive abilities. Add to that his histronics after making a tackle or a play - meh, I'm sooooo glad he's gone. I'd rather see Arrington try, rather than see Hobbs celebrate a tackle after the player he was covering made a first down reception on him.

Last edited:
Whoa!
Missed the fireworks intermitently posting from a Cape Cod library with time limits. Guess it's a good thing. Back to the home PC by sat/Sun.

I dunno, ask Deus :)

I'm not sure where you put serviceable in the spectrum of cornerback evaluation, but if you're in danger of losing your job to Trevard Lindley or even Joselio Hanson... well, it doesn't speak well on Mr. Hobbs behalf.

Agreed. I remember Lindley from the snr bowl where he got abused.

No. Sorry; the Philly fans are the lowest of the low. Even BB said as much (riots in the stands etc.). I just hope the McNabe tortures them for years and years....

That's weird when i've read some pretty disgusting opinions of human beings that just happen to play football here in this very forum. I have never heard BB call philadelphia sports fans as a whole "the lowest of the low"

I guess people from detroit all throw beer on professional athletes as well. See I can make huge generalizations based on isolated incidents as well.

Can't believe Hobbs would have anyone wanting him back?

Everyone here seems to think Hobbs pretty much stinks. I don't necessarily disagree.I am just trying to figure out why Belichick let him cover a NFL top 10 receiver who was 8" -10 " taller than him on the last play he ever made for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST