PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Deflategate Karma? Neil deGrasse Tyson's 'StarTalk' Shelved at Nat Geo Amid Misconduct Allegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my

Neil deGrasse Tyson's 'StarTalk' Shelved at Nat Geo Amid Misconduct Allegations

Remember how he piled on with Bill Nye with their incorrect work "Other high-profile science communicators echoed Orzel’s sentiments as well. Neil deGrasse Tyson, director of the Hayden Planetarium, tweeted that 'For the Patriots to blame a change in temperature for 15% lower-pressures, requires balls to be inflated with 125-degree air.' " At least he later admited he did the math wrong at least. More than Nye or the other folks who fanned the flames did.

This is actually a pretty good article about it from from the The American Physical Society (APS) Early Fumbles in “DeflateGate”

I was ecstatic when a few Columbia professors and others blew the doors off that Exponent ********.

Judge Danny Chin was right in his decision. Article 46 gives Goodell the legal right to say or do whatever he wants to.Chin could've cared less about football and obviously saw the entire circus as an unneeded and unworthy subject for his venue. That being said, **** Chin and the boat he rode in on too.
I just expect judges to show sound ...you know... judgement. Plus, the case had already been decided, he just had to say it stands.

I always thought that it must be fun to be able to use the media like that, especially since they're more into a rush to get a story first than to get it right.

I've actually thought about taking King off my list since he backed down, but I decided not to. I don't like him much anyway.

King belongs on the list. He didn't change his tune until someone pointed out that he reported the exact same fake story as Mortensen. If no one called him out, King would have sailed along like he didn't help spread the same misinformation.

$25,000 fine for improperly inflated footballs. If that's the rule, do the crime do the time. Fine sounds good. Get your rules/penalties straightened out NFL and we'll react accordingly. Refs touched those balls after every play, didn't bat an eye.

This is from @1960Pats back in July. A list of everyone who did us wrong during DeflateGate. Say them to yourself before you go to sleep each night like Arya Stark.

Troy Aikman
Skip Bayless
Jerome Bettis
Kevin Blackstone
Ron Borges
Bert Breer
Mark Brunell
Chris Carter
Ryan Clark
Chris Collinsworth
Colin Cowherd
Brian Dawkins
Neil DeGrasse-Tyson
Gregg Doyel
Rich Eisen
Marshall Faulk
Mike Felger
Mike Florio
Bob George
Bob Glauber
Jay Glazer
Mike Golic
Roger Goodell
Mike Greenberg
Ryan Grigson
Charles Haley
Tim Hasslebeck
Bart Hubbuch
Jim Irsay
Tom Jackson
Ted Johnson
Bomani Jones
Dan Kannell
Max Kellerman
Naqi Kelly
Peter King
Bob Kravitz
Matt Lauer
Ronnie Lott
Jackie MacMullen
George Martin
Tony Mazzerotti
Donovan McNabb
Al Michaels
Kurt Minihane
Joe Montana
Chris Mortensen
Bill Nye
Ian O'Connor
Rosie O'Donnell
Jason Page
Woody Paige
Bill Plaschke
Bill Polian
Jerry Rice
Al Roker
Bob Ryan
Shannon Sharpe
Don Shula
Chris Simms
Phil Simms
Stephen A Smith
Gary Tanguay
John Tomase
Mike Tomlin
Brian Urlacher
Ben Volin
Hines Ward
Kurt Warner
Mike Whilbon
Seth Wickersham
Nick Wright
Rosie O'donnell

Why can't we let it go? Everyone (but us) hates the fact that the Pats have been good for 18 years, and they all want to tear them down. Meh. Train keeps a-rollin'. Eff 'em. It's gonna keep rollin' when BB and TB12 are gone, too.

I am on the the Divisional round.

I can’t let it go because every causal NFL fan I talk to “I don’t like the patriots cuz they’re cheaters.” “Tom Brady isn’t good, he just cheats” Now I could, and have, gone all Lisa Vito on them, but after about 30 secs their eyes glaze over and they back slowly away from the crazy man who is frothing at the mouth with too many facts. That’s what the NFL has done. I am not talking the people who spend an hour a day reading about their team, just the millions who watch a couple games a season and hear 5 mins of sports news. They all hate the patriots and assume the entire dynasty is fake and built on cheating. It is inexcusable, unforgivable, and will NEVER not make me lose my **** over the utter miscarriage of justice that COMPLETE F*($ing joke known as the wells report is.

The worst part of it, at least IMO, is what this did to Tom Brady. He is the ultimate example of the American dream where you work harder then anyone else and you can achieve hieghts far beyond your abilities. Instead of being the role model everyone looks up, he is a villain. A man I admire immensely and use to show my sons the best way to act, is almost universally considered a phony and a fake. So no I can’t “let it go” or “move on to the divisional round” because the character assassination went too far and too deep to ever stop fighting.

At least with cameraplacementgate I can say while the punishment was insanely over the top and entirely out of proportion to what was called for in the CBA the pats did commit the crime. With nothing****inghappenedgate they have literally zero evidence and admitted as much in federal court. The gall and arrogance in the simple response of “none your honor” when asked “what direct evidence do you have that Tom Brady deflated or ordered balls deflated?” will make my blood boil to the day I die. There are not enough bad thing in the world that could happen to GoToHell and his stupid article 46 for what he did simply because he could. Oh yeah the 32 can go f*&k themselves too.

And in NO PART OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS HISTORY has there ever been a "measurement" of air pressure in balls used during said sporting event...

Like Brady said, "It's because we are the Patriots....."
... and it's because the NYJFL is run by ex-Jete employees like Goodell and his butt boy Mike Kensil.

And they still owe us two draft picks who may very well have played in last years Super Bowl and made a difference, and the same for this year's upcoming run.
I'd settle for one of them making one tackle on the last play in MIA this season.

**** the NYJFL!

Judge Danny Chin was right in his decision. Article 46 gives Goodell the legal right to say or do whatever he wants to.Chin could've cared less about football and obviously saw the entire circus as an unneeded and unworthy subject for his venue. That being said, **** Chin and the boat he rode in on too.
Yep, the judge was merely applying the law, basically. Article 46 gives the Omissioner the authority to do what he did, so whatever punishments he administers will have the backing of the legal system, which it kinda should. The lower court gave us a moral victory, perhaps knowing that the decision would be over-turned later anyway. It's article 46 that needs to be changed, but that's not happening unless and until it becomes a point of emphasis during the next CBA negotiations.

I can’t let it go because every causal NFL fan I talk to “I don’t like the patriots cuz they’re cheaters.” “Tom Brady isn’t good, he just cheats” Now I could, and have, gone all Lisa Vito on them, but after about 30 secs their eyes glaze over and they back slowly away from the crazy man who is frothing at the mouth with too many facts. That’s what the NFL has done. I am not talking the people who spend an hour a day reading about their team, just the millions who watch a couple games a season and hear 5 mins of sports news. They all hate the patriots and assume the entire dynasty is fake and built on cheating. It is inexcusable, unforgivable, and will NEVER not make me lose my **** over the utter miscarriage of justice that COMPLETE F*($ing joke known as the wells report is.

The worst part of it, at least IMO, is what this did to Tom Brady. He is the ultimate example of the American dream where you work harder then anyone else and you can achieve hieghts far beyond your abilities. Instead of being the role model everyone looks up, he is a villain. A man I admire immensely and use to show my sons the best way to act, is almost universally considered a phony and a fake. So no I can’t “let it go” or “move on to the divisional round” because the character assassination went too far and too deep to ever stop fighting.

At least with cameraplacementgate I can say while the punishment was insanely over the top and entirely out of proportion to what was called for in the CBA the pats did commit the crime. With nothing****inghappenedgate they have literally zero evidence and admitted as much in federal court. The gall and arrogance in the simple response of “none your honor” when asked “what direct evidence do you have that Tom Brady deflated or ordered balls deflated?” will make my blood boil to the day I die. There are not enough bad thing in the world that could happen to GoToHell and his stupid article 46 for what he did simply because he could. Oh yeah the 32 can go f*&k themselves too.
I don't care about any other fans, or anyone else for that matter, when it comes to the Pats. They think they are cheaters? Fine. They are gonna think what they are gonna think, and unless they want to research the Charles Gas Law, the Boyle's Gas Law, the Ideal Gas Law, the NFL regulations on camera placement or any other ******** that they want to throw at me, they don't know what the f*ck they are talking about anyway. So, eff 'em, and I can't hear them over the sound of my eff'n Lobardi trophies! Look at my signature!! Eff Everybody, scorched earth on the lot of them, because they would all change places with us in a second.
belichick-is-the-lord-of-the-rings-23735809.png

This is from @1960Pats back in July. A list of everyone who did us wrong during DeflateGate. Say them to yourself before you go to sleep each night like Arya Stark.

Troy Aikman
Skip Bayless
Jerome Bettis
Kevin Blackstone
Ron Borges
Bert Breer
Mark Brunell
Chris Carter
Ryan Clark
Chris Collinsworth
Colin Cowherd
Brian Dawkins
Neil DeGrasse-Tyson
Gregg Doyel
Rich Eisen
Marshall Faulk
Mike Felger
Mike Florio
Bob George
Bob Glauber
Jay Glazer
Mike Golic
Roger Goodell
Mike Greenberg
Ryan Grigson
Charles Haley
Tim Hasslebeck
Bart Hubbuch
Jim Irsay
Tom Jackson
Ted Johnson
Bomani Jones
Dan Kannell
Max Kellerman
Naqi Kelly
Peter King
Bob Kravitz
Matt Lauer
Ronnie Lott
Jackie MacMullen
George Martin
Tony Mazzerotti
Donovan McNabb
Al Michaels
Kurt Minihane
Joe Montana
Chris Mortensen
Bill Nye
Ian O'Connor
Rosie O'Donnell
Jason Page
Woody Paige
Bill Plaschke
Bill Polian
Jerry Rice
Al Roker
Bob Ryan
Shannon Sharpe
Don Shula
Chris Simms
Phil Simms
Stephen A Smith
Gary Tanguay
John Tomase
Mike Tomlin
Brian Urlacher
Ben Volin
Hines Ward
Kurt Warner
Mike Whilbon
Seth Wickersham
Nick Wright

Emmanuel Sanders

Jackie MacMullen is the one from the list I was most disappointed in. I thought she was better and smarter than that.

Most of the "believers" I run into are hung up on TB smashing his phone.

IIRC, Tyson's tweet was mostly an impulsive response to something tweeted by someone else (Mortenson, maybe).

You make a good point (as usual). My problem wasn't with him making a mistake (everyone does that), it is publishing such an egregious mistake. The whole point of doing scientific research is to spend a gigantic amount of time (including having it formally peer reviewed) making sure that scientific research you publish is right. IMHO, either act like a scientist or stop claiming you are one.:rolleyes:

...However, I'm not even on twitter (let alone having all of Tyson's followers), so perhaps I'm just showing how behind the times I am with all of my "raving" or howling at the moon about this issue, I'm just trying to follow the example of my other old fart colleagues on this board to: "Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day". ;)

You make a good point (as usual). My problem wasn't with him making a mistake (everyone does that), it is publishing such an egregious mistake. The whole point of doing scientific research is to spend a gigantic amount of time (including having it formally peer reviewed) making sure that scientific research you publish is right. IMHO, either act like a scientist or stop claiming you are one.:rolleyes:

...However, I'm not even on twitter (let alone having all of Tyson's followers), so perhaps I'm just showing how behind the times I am with all of my "raving" or howling at the moon about this issue, I'm just trying to follow the example of my other old fart colleagues on this board to: "Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day". ;)

OTOH, everybody has brain farts (aka, the "Not-so-ideal Gas Law"). Some click "post" before they review.

Troy Aikman
Skip Bayless
Jerome Bettis
Kevin Blackstone
Ron Borges
Bert Breer
Mark Brunell
Chris Carter
Ryan Clark
Chris Collinsworth
Colin Cowherd
Brian Dawkins
Neil DeGrasse-Tyson
Gregg Doyel
Rich Eisen
Marshall Faulk
Mike Felger
Mike Florio
Bob George
Bob Glauber
Jay Glazer
Mike Golic
Roger Goodell
Mike Greenberg
Ryan Grigson
Charles Haley
Tim Hasslebeck
Bart Hubbuch
Jim Irsay
Tom Jackson
Ted Johnson
Bomani Jones
Dan Kannell
Max Kellerman
Naqi Kelly
Peter King
Bob Kravitz
Matt Lauer
Ronnie Lott
Jackie MacMullen
George Martin
Tony Mazzerotti
Donovan McNabb
Al Michaels
Kurt Minihane
Joe Montana
Chris Mortensen
Bill Nye
Ian O'Connor
Rosie O'Donnell
Jason Page
Woody Paige
Bill Plaschke
Bill Polian
Jerry Rice
Al Roker
Bob Ryan
Shannon Sharpe
Don Shula
Chris Simms
Phil Simms
Stephen A Smith
Gary Tanguay
John Tomase
Mike Tomlin
Brian Urlacher
Ben Volin
Hines Ward
Kurt Warner
Mike Whilbon
Seth Wickersham
Nick Wright

Mike Florio does not belong on this list. Quite the opposite. He published the info he was given by the NFL initially. He was the only one who ultimately took journalistic pride and outright called this a railroad job with a bunch of jealous losers in the NYJFL office.

Colin Cowherd is the only one whose redeemed himself. The rest of them have a personal vendetta wish from me unless they apologize.

John Harbaugh needs to be added to the list. Others include Emmanuel Sanders and Patrick Peterson.

I grew up idolizing Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. That 80s Niners team is a bunch of petty turds. Screw them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST