PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Concussion Movie Trailer (TB12 vs NFL parallels)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is common for NFL Players to delegate the exploration and investigation of endorsement opportunities to their team of agents and business managers. Some players have a vice-like grip on this activity some are casual. My understanding is that TB12 is very careful with his personal and commercial brand.

I think this made have been a situation that there was some scientific data presented to Brady which made sense to his people. In edition, the business deal was also attractive so he did the deal. Clearly, it went sideways on him, he became uncomfortable and he backed out of the agreement.

Saying Brady is an idiot is irresponsible.

I agree completely. Just because TB isn't a scientist or a medical expert doesn't mean he isn't a very smart guy.

Lots of people convince themselves that holistic or non-traditional products make them feel better. Many of these non-traditional products often they claim to have some type of "proof" or "data", but the medical establishment would dispute that these products have been "proven" by scientifically approved clinical trials led by true medical experts. Heck, if people convince themselves that they feel better by taking one of these non-traditional products, one could argue that they products actually work, if only by the very powerful Placebo Effect: http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=31481

My wife and a bunch of her girl friends were temporarily involved in selling these special "Essential Oils". They were convinced that they helped them with all sorts of maladies (and the company had all sorts of "data" and "proof" that supported their claims). None of these people were idiots, some of them were even nurses, they just weren't M.D.'s. People just convince themselves of things. For all I know they could be right, maybe some of the oils actually work, certainly they feel that they do, I've worked hard to try to minimize my eye rolling when they talk about these products.

Probably as you say, TB was approached to endorse a product, and they showed him some type of so-called scientific "data" that convinced him the product was legit. Later on he realized that maybe it wasn't, and he got out. How does that make him an idiot?

Here come the white knights of snake oil peddlers to the rescue.

The general public's opinion of goodell and his ex-jets cronies in the NFL offices isn't going to be swayed by a bunch of Patriots (and Saints) fans posting on message boards

But when millions of movie goers watch a Will Smith movie portraying these NFL scumbags at their worst, the public will open their eyes

Methinks that there are some bad days ahead for goodell and his buddies

Ugh. That's worse than I feared.

Yeah. I have to admit, I am a little disappointed. Still an amazing football player who conducts himself with a lot of class though.

Yeah. I have to admit, I am a little disappointed. Still an amazing football player who conducts himself with a lot of class though.

Conservatives can be classy. It's easy to forget that, since visible conservative politicians and media figures usually can't be. But conservative individuals can be full of class.

Conservatives can be classy. It's easy to forget that, since visible conservative politicians and media figures usually can't be. But conservative individuals can be full of class.

Absolutely. Agree 100%. It is surprising to me to hear that he and Trump are friends, though. I don't get political often, but the man makes my stomach turn with the things he says. I'd like to think Brady doesn't see eye to eye with him...

Absolutely. Agree 100%. It is surprising to me to hear that he and Trump are friends, though. I don't get political often, but the man makes my stomach turn with the things he says. I'd like to think Brady doesn't see eye to eye with him...
Good thing you don't get political. WTF do you care who Brady is friends with or what his politics are. For what it's worth I happen to think most of the people of Mass and the NE in general are bat **** crazy with their politics ,doesn't stop me from having lots of friends from there

Ya know, I'm not at all sure that Brady supports Trump or is really all that close to him.

However, if he's let himself be bamboozled into that appearance, without it being real -- well, that sure would support my point that Brady isn't the sharpest tool in the PR knife drawer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back