PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Concussion Movie Trailer (TB12 vs NFL parallels)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be what finally brings Goodell down -- the concussion issue becomes an existential threat the NFL, and they reboot their response by making him the fall guy for whatever they did wrong about concussions the past 6-10 years.

In that scenario, the player discipline debacles grease the skids, but don't give the main push.

Normally I would think this could change the game I Love and not support the film

After FrameGate I love that the emphasis last line of the trailer states to the NFL

"Tell the Truth"

I hope the rumor of Luke Wilson literally playing the role of "Roger Goodell" is true.

How so? Have I missed something?

We've confirmed this year that he's not very good at PR. Upon reflection, it's tough to remember much of anything he's said that isn't pabulum.

Also, we know he's not much of an intellectual.

None of this puts him below other football players. Indeed, I have little doubt he's above average among football players in how smart, intellectual or articulate he is. But that's not a great group to compare oneself too.

We've confirmed this year that he's not very good at PR. Upon reflection, it's tough to remember much of anything he's said that isn't pabulum.

None of this puts him below other football players. Indeed, I have little doubt he's above average among football players in how smart, intellectual or articulate he is. But that's not a great group to compare oneself too.

I suppose. But how are we certain he's not an intellectual? I've never heard him talk about anything other than football. I'm curious if there are any specific quotes/interviews you guys have in mind where he discussed anything else that made you think "Wow, he's an idiot."

I've never seen anything to show me that he is super smart, but I've never seen anything to show me he isn't either.

For a while, I was worried that the concussion issue would turn out to be true , and if so would basically take down my favorite sport. After this past year, though, I don't even give a mort anymore. Let the league burn, it's exactly what Goodell and company deserve.

Maybe down the line some kind of solution to this existential crisis can be reached. But that will never happen until someone competent is in charge. Goodell and the ownership need to be held accountable for a lot of things, this first and foremost.

Being skilled in PR has just as much to do with being willing to compromise yourself morally as knowing the right moves. Heck Rog is pretty mediocre at knowing the right moves, but does well because he has no morals.

Brady has likely been convinced that doing everything right and his on field performance would be enough to cement his legacy. The fact that he was ill prepared for the league to spend millions and then just make **** up to tarnish it doesn't speak poorly for his intellect.

To me it seems like Brady is consumed with family and football. I would take his performances outside of those arenas with a grain of salt.

I suppose. But how are we certain he's not an intellectual? I've never heard him talk about anything other than football. I'm curious if there are any specific quotes/interviews you guys have in mind where he discussed anything else that made you think "Wow, he's an idiot."

I've never seen anything to show me that he is super smart, but I've never seen anything to show me he isn't either.

The way he said he didn't read a lot of books made me think he more generally wasn't intellectual.

His inarticulateness in the face of PSIgate was unfortunate, even given all the extenuating circumstances.

I wouldn't have used the term "idiot", however; that's over-harsh.

You exaggerate strongly. When I improve my clients' messaging, I also make it MORE honest.
I'll take your word for it.

The fact that you're making your judgement of Brady's intellect in part on his abilities in a field you've chosen as a profession is pretty ridiculous. I'm sure you've got a complete and total understanding of everything you use on a daily basis.

The fact that he was shilling for magic water is enough to convince me he's an idiot, given the other evidence. That's fine though, he just has to be good at football. He is plenty that.

The way he said he didn't read a lot of books made me think he more generally wasn't intellectual.

His inarticulateness in the face of PSIgate was unfortunate, even given all the extenuating circumstances.

I wouldn't have used the term "idiot", however; that's over-harsh.

" he more generally wasn't intellectual. "

You might want to get some help with that.

For a while, I was worried that the concussion issue would turn out to be true , and if so would basically take down my favorite sport. After this past year, though, I don't even give a mort anymore. Let the league burn, it's exactly what Goodell and company deserve.

Maybe down the line some kind of solution to this existential crisis can be reached. But that will never happen until someone competent is in charge. Goodell and the ownership need to be held accountable for a lot of things, this first and foremost.

Exceptional use of "Mort."

Were they able to use Heinz field for this? I wonder who allowed that?

Wow. Not sure how they rebuilt it so quickly after Bane blew it up in,"The Dark Knight Rises".:p

Last edited:
Not saying Brady is a genius or anything but i think he is smart enough not to hurt his brand by supporting a hack product. Trying to find a time line to back up what i told you but it was such a small time story at the time i am having issues finding anything.
It is common for NFL Players to delegate the exploration and investigation of endorsement opportunities to their team of agents and business managers. Some players have a vice-like grip on this activity some are casual. My understanding is that TB12 is very careful with his personal and commercial brand.

I think this made have been a situation that there was some scientific data presented to Brady which made sense to his people. In edition, the business deal was also attractive so he did the deal. Clearly, it went sideways on him, he became uncomfortable and he backed out of the agreement.

Saying Brady is an idiot is irresponsible.

You exaggerate strongly. When I improve my clients' messaging, I also make it MORE honest.
Good and ethical PR is about creating the narrative and controlling the perception.

The NFL dropped the ethical part years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes