PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cavs vs. Warriors (Who Wins the NBA Finals?)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who Wins the NBA Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Warriors

Votes: 79 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was goaltending

I despise Lebron but that was a clean block. Coupled with the timing of that when GSW was about to go up 2 pts...that will go down as one of the clutch blocks in finals history.

Curry choked on not 1 but 2 good looks. Kyrie drained the go ahead dagger.

Ezeli's stupid foul on Lebron when GSW was up by 4 with the shot clock winding down was the momentum changer. So many things had to go right for CLE down the stretch and it did.

Just saw the cavaliers shot 12 more free throws as a visiting team in game 7. Come on. Hell im a laker fan and even I know the lakers didn't deserve to beat the kings and Celtics

Well the cavs are more aggresive driving the ball. The warriors settle for alot of jump shots. They missed plenty as well. 87-83 up and they only scored two points after that. That's terrible!!!!

If anyone should be ashamed, it's the Warriors. 3-1 lead and 2 of last 3 at home. Epic gag job.

Yeah that wasn't pretty. But for the NBA to go back, look at the tape and assess Green a flagrant 2 days later for what he did (hardly anything) was ridiculous.

The sudden increase in foul calls on Curry was really suspicious too.

Last edited:
The 2001 me feels good for Cleveland. The 2007 me feels bad for Golden State. Either way F Lebron.

What storylines this year though right? Peyton "wins" a ring and LeBaldo "wins" a ring. Unpopular opinion but this is why I prefer the MLB

Brian Windhorst must be giving lebron a bj right about now lol

Worse. GS was up in the series 3-1; previously no team had even forced a game 7 in such as situation. Its basically like if the Patriots had been up 35-7 in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl and choked it away.

Actually, there were 2 times where someone was down 3-1 and forced a game 7--but it hadn't been done in 50 years. Obviously, it was the first time any team ever came back to win in NBA history.

Who got screwed more? Kobe when Nash got the MVP or Irving in these finals not getting the MVP

LOL at how underrated Shaq is on people's all time rankings
Peak Shaq around 2000 or 2001 might have been the greatest player ever. If Shaq had been a total workout maniac like some of the other greats, he'd probably have a real argument for GOAT along with Kareem, MJ, Russ, and Wilt.

sorry, only the boston fans will claim bird is better than bron. IMO bird had a better PEAK. like how Hakeem had a better peak than most centers. Bird's career was cut short IMO.

IMO, bron has a better overall resume and career than bird. and bron has 5-7 years of very good basketball in him. 4mvps, 3 rings, 7 championship appearances, great regular season stats, one of the greatest final performance, etc. etc.

and defensively bron is well ahead of bird.

my top 10. very hard after top 5. honestly you can flip flop russell - wilt - duncan and i wouldn't have any problem with it.

1. MJ
2. Bron
3. Magic
4. Kareem
5. Bird
6. Russell
7. Wilt
8. duncan
9. Shaq
10. kobe

that would be my top 10. it changes time to time. no offense to boston greats, but Bron IMO just surpassed all of our great players.
Considering the defense in today's NBA isn't nearly as competitive as it was in the 90's and back, there is no way that Lebron is the number 2 player of all time. The league is soft now, a large percentage of today's "fouls" was called defense 20 years ago. While there is no doubt in my mind that Lebron would have been able to succeed in those times, he wouldn't be putting up the numbers that he does.

Indeed he does but the carry on in the post-match press is getting a little absurd. The narrative being framed is it was LeBron and only LeBron. Apparently they missed the 3 point jumper in Curry's face that effectively delivered Cleveland their first championships in eons made by Kyrie.

Biggest shot in Cavs history--I agree. Great point.

That said, the pressure has been on James since he attended high school locally. At the age of 16, people were claiming that he'd be the one to bring the city a championship and finally break the curse. There was a tremendous amount of pressure on him over the past 15 years, and for the most part he has done it by himself. The shot by Irving was what they needed to finally get over that hump.

The Pistons would take him out 5 minutes into the game. Don't give me that **** that he is with Jordan, Kareem, Magic

Who got screwed more? Kobe when Nash got the MVP or Irving in these finals not getting the MVP

I don't know what series you've been watching, but the overwhelming consensus was that James was the clear cut MVP even if they lost tonight.

Peak Shaq around 2000 or 2001 might have been the greatest player ever. If Shaq had been a total workout maniac like some of the other greats, he'd probably have a real argument for GOAT along with Kareem, MJ, Russ, and Wilt.
Yep. You could have had 4 bench guys with Shaq out there and he still would have dominated. Prime Shaq is the greatest player ever. Obviously he didn't have the best career but in his prime he was the best ever

I despise Lebron but that was a clean block. Coupled with the timing of that when GSW was about to go up 2 pts...that will go down as one of the clutch blocks in finals history.

Curry choked on not 1 but 2 good looks. Kyrie drained the go ahead dagger.

Ezeli's stupid foul on Lebron when GSW was up by 4 with the shot clock winding down was the momentum changer. So many things had to go right for CLE down the stretch and it did.

Are we talking about the same play? The ball had bounced off the backboard.

Goaltending - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In NCAA basketball, WNBA and NBA basketball, goaltending is also called if the ball has already touched the backboard while being above the height of the rim in its flight, regardless of whether it being in an upward or downward flight or whether it is directly above the rim.

as far as peak goes i would go

1. MJ
2 Shaq
3. Bird
4. Hakeem
5. Kareem

i know wilt in early 60's was super human, but he did it against bunch of dudes who had 2nd jobs.

Biggest shot in Cavs history--I agree. Great point.

That said, the pressure has been on James since he attended high school locally. At the age of 16, people were claiming that he'd be the one to bring the city a championship and finally break the curse. There was a tremendous amount of pressure on him over the past 15 years, and for the most part he has done it by himself. The shot by Irving was what they needed to finally get over that hump.
Don't get me wrong, this championship completely flips the narrative toward LeBron James' perceived greatness. From what I observed (admittedly, I didn't pay close attention until the fourth quarter) but he played another fine game. The annoyance on my behalf is the need to pontificate LeBron conveniently ignoring Kyrie Irving's magnificent finals series.

a guy who put up these stats down by 3-1 won the mvp.

41/16/7/3
41/8/11/3
27/11/11/3

i mean seriously? kyrie was great too. but come on man.

Yup... Down 3-1, he practically went into BRADY mode.

I'm not a LeBron fan, but we all need to give the man his due.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes