PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cavs vs. Warriors (Who Wins the NBA Finals?)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who Wins the NBA Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Warriors

Votes: 79 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 76ers won ONE title in the 60's as the C's dominated. THis ****in' idiotic garbage about the C's being so talented with all stars and Philly having nobody but Wilt is just pure idiotic little punk know-it-all never seen nothing rubbish. The C's had Sam Jones...the 6ers had HAL FREAKIN' GREER...the C's had "all star" KC Jones, who couldn't make a FG if he tried to throw it in the ocean, the 6er's had Wali Jones known as instant offense, the C's had Heinsohn, a slow footed hack and Sanders, a non shooting hack at forward, the 6ers had 6'9 rebounding machine Luke Jackson and lights out shooter Chet Walker. The C's had Havlicek on the bench the Sixers had Billy Cunningham at 6'7", Matt Goukas, the Saint Joe's prodigy at 6'5" and backup PG Bill Melchionni, another deadly shooter. The Celts had Don Nelson and Bailey Howell, two ultra slow, set shot white guys on the bench..oh, and the immortal floor burn kid Larry Siegfried.

I saw ALL the games these teams played through the decade. Don't try to tell me the C's were loaded and the Sixers only had Wilt...if anything the reverse was true. The C';s record and Bill's legacy remain intact no matter how many pinheads born decades later think the opposite.

One'f the best Posts you've ever written, Man.
beer.gif

The nba wants tv ratings. They want the series extended. I will still be surprised if the warriors don't come up on top. I think the last thing the warriors want is a game 7 even if it's at home.

As another aside: the average height of adult American males today is nearly 2" taller than it was in 1960.

So Wilt would be 7'3" today? Yeow!

The nba wants tv ratings. They want the series extended. I will still be surprised if the warriors don't come up on top. I think the last thing the warriors want is a game 7 even if it's at home.

Warriors in 4 is the worst thing for the NBA..any series in 4 is bad for any sport. THis will go 6 but Warriors will take it

I say the Warriors rebound from this and take Game 4. But aside from that, Curry hasn't looked like explosive quick Curry since Game 1 versus the Rockets in the first round.

Are you forgetting his first game back vs Portland?

That's his entire game. He's a football player playing basketball and the NBA enables it because they made him the face of the league the second he got there.

It's clearly a conspiracy, because, you're right, Lebron is not very skilled. And the worst, most sinister part of it is that the NBA got all these experts to be in on the conspiracy too. I mean, Jack McCallum is in on it (James is 5th all time). And Bob Ryan (either Lebron or Jordan is GOAT. Lebron is the best passer in the NBA and a cross between Magic and Larry overall). And Bill Simmons ("He could retire tomorrow as one of the best seven players ever. He’s LeBron James. First of a kind. A power point guard who can create his own shot from the perimeter and the low post, a devastating passer who can’t be double-teamed, a superior athlete who attacks the rim whenever he wants, an unfathomably durable workhorse on both ends, someone who can defend all five positions (yes, five) at an elite level.")

It's clearly a conspiracy, because, you're right, Lebron is not very skilled. And the worst, most sinister part of it is that the NBA got all these experts to be in on the conspiracy too. I mean, Jack McCallum is in on it (James is 5th all time). And Bob Ryan (either Lebron or Jordan is GOAT. Lebron is the best passer in the NBA and a cross between Magic and Larry overall). And Bill Simmons ("He could retire tomorrow as one of the best seven players ever. He’s LeBron James. First of a kind. A power point guard who can create his own shot from the perimeter and the low post, a devastating passer who can’t be double-teamed, a superior athlete who attacks the rim whenever he wants, an unfathomably durable workhorse on both ends, someone who can defend all five positions (yes, five) at an elite level.")

1. You are mischaracterizing what McCallum said. He said if he were putting together a team, LeBron would be the last person he picked. So he is really at the bottom of his list, not top 5.

2. Bob Ryan was often on PTI and Sports Reporters -- he is clearly just an ESPN shill being paid to advance the network's pro-LeBron agenda.

3. Bill Simmons thinks Russell is better than Wilt, so he obviously knows nothing about basketball.

Neither of these teams shows me much in terms of responding to adversity. Thrive at home and suck on the road. I get the sense that when they're getting blown out on the road, they just say "f### it, we'll get 'em at home" and quit.

Jeeze, you two ought to get a room.

He sure does attack the rim anytime he wants. Why wouldn't he? He gets his own set of rules. Gets his own shot when he wants, just not all the great at the actual shooting part. And the notion that he's a better passer than either Larry OR Magic is uttterly ludicrous. Again, you love to run down players you never saw play.

Also, pro tip: extolling the sports media as the last word on sports authority here isn't liable to go over very well.

Jeeze, you two ought to get a room.

He sure does attack the rim anytime he wants. Why wouldn't he? He gets his own set of rules. Gets his own shot when he wants, just not all the great at the actual shooting part. And the notion that he's a better passer than either Larry OR Magic is uttterly ludicrous. Again, you love to run down players you never saw play.

Also, pro tip: extolling the sports media as the last word on sports authority here isn't liable to go over very well.

Larry and Magic were unreal. I saw plenty of them both. If the hate were not blinding you, you would see in Lebron a lot of both of them.

Larry and Magic were unreal. I saw plenty of them both. If the hate were not blinding you, you would see in Lebron a lot of both of them.
Larry and Magic would never, ever quit when the going got tough.

Are you forgetting his first game back vs Portland?
And that Curry started like 1-10 from 3 and 5-16 overall. He still moved slow and awkwardly. You're a fan of Curry so I would think you would notice that Curry hasn't been his explosive self these entire playoffs, save the first game of the first round.

To be fair though, I think Kobe might have checked out in Game 6 in 2008 after they got down by 30.

Neither of these teams shows me much in terms of responding to adversity. Thrive at home and suck on the road. I get the sense that when they're getting blown out on the road, they just say "f### it, we'll get 'em at home" and quit.
I think coming back from 3-1 showed the Warriors know how to face adversity.

I think coming back from 3-1 showed the Warriors know how to face adversity.
Just my take, but 3 things there: Warriors were the clear favorites going in, OKC gagged like Linda Lovelace and in the 3 losses to OKC they were beaten by nearly 20 points per game. Very talented team, but "Warriors", they ain't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes