PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cavs vs. Warriors (Who Wins the NBA Finals?)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who Wins the NBA Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Warriors

Votes: 79 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a troll. That's what you do. I don't mind trolls. You just suck at it. I wish you didn't, because a good troll can be very amusing. The problem is that your trolling is consistently stupid, almost never amusing, and generally either completely wrong or half-assed.

Troll better. That's all I ask.

Refusing to blow every boston athlete does not make one a troll. Btw, your act of dismissing all dissenting views as "trolling" is tired and sad.

Last edited:
Refusing to blow every boston athlete does not make one a troll. Btw, your act of dismissing all dissenting views as "trolling" is tired and sad.

You stated he "would be one of the most athletic big men even today" and then went on to compare him to De'Andre Jordan. You are ridiculous. Bill Russell was ranked the 7th best high jumper in the entire world and even had a chance to make the Olympics in the hurdles. He was even talked about as possibly competing in the decathalon. I don't care how you rank him compared to Wilt or Lebron as people have different opinions and it is difficult to compare players from different eras, but your attempts to belittle him are so disingenuous that makes it impossible to have a productive conversation with you.

Russell averaged 15.08 PPG

That is hardly prolific even for his time period and position. Obviously he was better on defense than offense and it doesn't matter as he is in the top 5 all time in for best NBA players. Fun fact though. In the playoffs he scored 16.2PPG so he could elevate his offense to a degree. I'd take him over Walt every day of the week though.

Comparing era's and players from each era never leads anywhere. Teams in the 1960s shot the ball more, on average, 103 to 83 . Teams in the 1960s routinely averaged around 5400 rebounds compared to the 3500 or so rebounds teams get today. The pace of the game today is much slower than that of previous eras so the stats of that era reflect it. All stats are skewed in this way. Teams today shoot more 3's than ever recorded since the institution of the 3 pt line in the 1979-1980 season. Each era is so different the lengths people go to defend players they grew up with or played for their team seems pointless.

As another aside: the average height of adult American males today is nearly 2" taller than it was in 1960.

You stated he "would be one of the most athletic big men even today" and then went on to compare him to De'Andre Jordan. You are ridiculous. Bill Russell was ranked the 7th best high jumper in the entire world and even had a chance to make the Olympics in the hurdles. He was even talked about as possibly competing in the decathalon. I don't care how you rank him compared to Wilt or Lebron as people have different opinions and it is difficult to compare players from different eras, but your attempts to belittle him are so disingenuous that makes it impossible to have a productive conversation with you.

I said Russell's "1960s self" would come right in to today's NBA and be DeAndre Jordan Plus, meaning a top 3 defensive center and fast-break/put back force on offense. Obviously, if he were to take advantage of all of the modern training and skill development that modern players have, he would be better than that. So, I'm not belittling him, but I am not going to accept ridiculous statements like "he could've scored more if they needed it" to explain away his offensive inefficiency. Did he miss 56 out of every 100 shots despite playing 5 feet away from the basket and playing against guys like Joe Krebs on purpose? His defense was out of this world, and that's really what the Celtics needed. They probably wouldn't have won all those championships if you put a great offensive center in there in his stead. By the same token, HE wouldn't have won all those championships if he were put on a team that didn't have multiple quality scoring options, and was as all around strong as the Celtics were. So, it was a mutually beneficial situation. Russ was a great player made legendary by the exploits of his team and the team was a great team made legendary by the addition of Russell.

Last edited:
The 76ers won ONE title in the 60's as the C's dominated. THis ****in' idiotic garbage about the C's being so talented with all stars and Philly having nobody but Wilt is just pure idiotic little punk know-it-all never seen nothing rubbish. The C's had Sam Jones...the 6ers had HAL FREAKIN' GREER...the C's had "all star" KC Jones, who couldn't make a FG if he tried to throw it in the ocean, the 6er's had Wali Jones known as instant offense, the C's had Heinsohn, a slow footed hack and Sanders, a non shooting hack at forward, the 6ers had 6'9 rebounding machine Luke Jackson and lights out shooter Chet Walker. The C's had Havlicek on the bench the Sixers had Billy Cunningham at 6'7", Matt Goukas, the Saint Joe's prodigy at 6'5" and backup PG Bill Melchionni, another deadly shooter. The Celts had Don Nelson and Bailey Howell, two ultra slow, set shot white guys on the bench..oh, and the immortal floor burn kid Larry Siegfried.

I saw ALL the games these teams played through the decade. Don't try to tell me the C's were loaded and the Sixers only had Wilt...if anything the reverse was true. The C';s record and Bill's legacy remain intact no matter how many pinheads born decades later think the opposite.
Yeah, well, it didn't happen cause he didn't see it!!

I expect the cavs to win tonight. I expect the cavs to get every call as well.

Just watched 23 minutes of footage of the 62 finals game 7. The one that has been held up here as Russell's signature game, at least offensively. Now, I'm not claiming to have the knowledge that Joker gleaned from watching multiple games in person, but just my opinion based on a few minutes of action....

Russell's offensive game is embryonic. Clearly, he can't shoot and has very limited post moves. He is sort of the anti Kevin McHale. He is playing against one of those 6' 7" unathletic white guys I mentioned in a previous post (OK, maybe he is 6' 8").

Russell was fantastically athletic for his time--he would be one of the most athletic big men even today, 50 years later. I think, as someone else mentioned, his 1960s self would step right in and be a DeAndre Jordan type force on defense in today's NBA. Offensively, I think he would be similar too (maybe a little better), although he was certainly a better passer than Jordan.

The Celtics team overall is so much better than the Lakers its not even funny. No wonder they won so many championships. To attribute all of that to Russell is nonsense. Russell, Sanders and Sam Jones are all tremendous athletes who wouldn't look out of place in today's NBA. Cousy is a marvel, like Steve Nash on speed. Baylor and West are certainly legit, but the rest of the Lakers are a sad bunch.
You just continue to double down on the stupid.

1. The irony of you aiming your first sentence at me, as if it would apply to me, is amusing, so thanks for that.
  2. I don't dismiss all dissenting views as trolling. I point out trolling as trolling.
  3. You're a ****ty troll. It's what you are. It's what you've been for a long time. I'm not asking you to stop trolling. I'm just asking you to stop being a ****ty troll.

Last edited:
If Lue continues to go small and still tries to run with GSW, Curry and Klay will get hot and this will be embarassing. He's in a tough spot, they need to play a half court game and play like they did with Blatt, but coach LeBron fired that man and i'm not sure he wants to admit his mistakes.

I don't dismiss all dissenting views as trolling. I point out trolling as trolling

Good. Similarly, I point out tired and sad as tired and sad.

Last edited:
Not clever enough to be an effective troll.

TOnight will be closer..but i still think GS matches up so well. Love is nothing right nor and Kyrie is doing jack out there

TOnight will be closer..but i still think GS matches up so well. Love is nothing right nor and Kyrie is doing jack out there
Love isn't even going to play. Couldn't pass concussion protocol.

Love isn't even going to play. Couldn't pass concussion protocol.
That should improve the outlook for Cleveland. Amusingly, the line didn't budge when it was announced.

That should improve the outlook for Cleveland. Amusingly, the line didn't budge when it was announced.
Deuche. There you go. That's prime A #1 not very clever troll material there.

The line actually moved in Cleveland's favor. They went from being 1 point dogs to 1 point favs.

Deuche. There you go. That's prime A #1 not very clever troll material there.

No, it's brilliant. See... My real name really might be Deus Irae, because my parents might have been high on meth when they named me, and that might not actually just be the title of a book, so if you combine Deus with Douche, it's really funny and original, even 50 million times after it's first done. I mean, just wait until he changes rochrist to "Oh, Christ!". The laughs we'll all have then........

No, it's brilliant. See... My real name really might be Deus Irae, because my parents might have been high on meth when they named me, and that might not actually just be the title of a book, so if you combine Deus with Douche, it's really funny and original, even 50 million times after it's first done. I mean, just wait until he changes rochrist to "Oh, Christ!". The laughs we'll all have then........

Painful. Unlike you, I was trying to be descriptive, not funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes