PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Buried knife found on OJ Simpson's old property is being tested

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was Courtney Vance who played Cochran in that OJ tv movie.....

vance-cochran-2.jpg

This story is now being reported as a farce.

But, even if the knife were the actual murder weapon and it did contain OJ's fingerprints along with DNA from Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman and a signed note in OJ's handwriting saying, "This is the knife that I used to kill Nicole and Ron," these things would still be true:

1) OJ can't be tried for the crime again (Double Jeopardy).

2) But, even if he could be retried, Marcia Clark and Christopher Darden would still find a way to bungle the prosecution of the case. Maybe they'd lose the note or turn it over to Mark Fuhrman to take care of it.

3) Even if he could be retried, that Jury that cleared him would still find that he was Not Guilty.

4) It would have little or no affect on those of us who are as certain as we can be that Simpson committed the murders, other than to elicit a response along the lines of "Well, duh!" (which would be my response)

5) It would reconfirm the impression that most of us received that the LA Police Department at the time was the most corrupt, bungling law enforcement organization in America that would have benefited from having Barney Fife as Commissioner..

It took a cast of hundreds to bungle that case so spectacularly.

It took a cast of hundreds to bungle that case so spectacularly.
Yeah. Hard to know where to begin.
Clark and Darden head the list, but let's not forget good old Judge Ito.
The Glove that "did not fit so you must acquit."
The introduction into evidence of the glove "found" by Mark Fuhrman.
Mark Fuhrman.
The LAPD's long history of bad and often illegal treatment of Blacks in Los Angeles.
One could argue that the case was lost the moment a jury was selected that would clearly be looking to settle a lot of scores against the LAPD by nullifying the prosecution's case with a verdict in favor of a high profile black guy.

As difficult as it is for me to say, as someone who is as convinced of Simpson's guilt as one can be, the only people who "did their jobs" were the members of the Defense team. They took advantage of every error of the Prosecution and they played shamelessly to a Jury that they brilliantly selected. On the whole, they did exactly what their "job" was: they gave O. J. Simpson the vigorous defense to which our Constitution entitled him.

Yeah. Hard to know where to begin.
Clark and Darden head the list, but let's not forget good old Judge Ito.
The Glove that "did not fit so you must acquit."
The introduction into evidence of the glove "found" by Mark Fuhrman.
Mark Fuhrman.
The LAPD's long history of bad and often illegal treatment of Blacks in Los Angeles.
One could argue that the case was lost the moment a jury was selected that would clearly be looking to settle a lot of scores against the LAPD by nullifying the prosecution's case with a verdict in favor of a high profile black guy.

As difficult as it is for me to say, as someone who is as convinced of Simpson's guilt as one can be, the only people who "did their jobs" were the members of the Defense team. They took advantage of every error of the Prosecution and they played shamelessly to a Jury that they brilliantly selected. On the whole, they did exactly what their "job" was: they gave O. J. Simpson the vigorous defense to which our Constitution entitled him.

Most of what you've said in the last two posts is spot on, but I'm not sure what Mark Fuhrman did that has him named on that list. You don't believe that the glove was real?

The worst part of law enforcement's corruption is the fact that guilty people will walk because of it, just as OJ did. It also has a major affect on the death penalty. I was once a strong supporter of the death penalty, but after seeing some of the frame ups and/or rush to judgment cases that put innocent people in jail, I find it hard to support my stance anymore.

Most of what you've said in the last two posts is spot on, but I'm not sure what Mark Fuhrman did that has him named on that list. You don't believe that the glove was real?

The worst part of law enforcement's corruption is the fact that guilty people will walk because of it, just as OJ did. It also has a major affect on the death penalty. I was once a strong supporter of the death penalty, but after seeing some of the frame ups and/or rush to judgment cases that put innocent people in jail, I find it hard to support my stance anymore.
Fuhrman had no credibility and the glove he found was not essential to the Prosecution's case. By bringing him into play, they gave the Defense one more big button to push with the jury.

I think you guys are overthinking it. That jury was dead set to let OJ go free, facts and evidence be damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents