PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bills have interesting marketing strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
jjl3s6.jpg

I got this "custom" picture today in the mail from the Buffalo Bills in an effort to get me to renew my season tickets.

Absolutely pathetic.

It is a picture of the Bills punting out of their own end zone in a game that they will eventually lose to the Cleveland Browns 6-3.

This picture encapsulates exactly why I will not be renewing my season tickets this year.

Morons.

Marketing Genius

LMAO

That is too funny

Who is the Amy Sullivan on the scoreboard? :confused: Is that the person whose season tickets they want renewed? It's a cute idea, but the teams should be reversed. The Bills should be the team returning the punt, not the one punting, because it says "Awaiting your return." In the context of the photo, that would mean they expect the Browns to actually return the ball -- for yardage -- vs. making a fair catch or fumbling. Stupid.

Come back and watch a poor team lose to even poorer teams :)

You can't really blame the marketing department. They searched weeks on end to find a picture of the Bills making a TD reception in the oposing teams endzone. No luck.

You can't really blame the marketing department. They searched weeks on end to find a picture of the Bills making a TD reception in the oposing teams endzone. No luck.

I was just thinking this. I mean they did have TO, he made a few nice grabs for them maybe a photo of him? Oh wait, he's gone now too. That franchise is dryer than the desert at this point.

They were tyring to entice season-ticket holders by showcasing the team's best player.

Unfortunately he happens to be a punter :bricks:

The once great Bills are a sad franchise in continual decline. Ownership is important.

The once great Bills are a sad franchise in continual decline. Ownership is important.

I don't think Ralph Wilson is even aware that he actually owns a pro football franchise anymore.

The especially weird thing here is the lens flare. They totally took a photograph of this on a computer or tv screen instead of using actual game footage. How bad is that?

Kinda puts into perspective why owners who market their teams well and agressively, who have largely grown the pie for everyone, bristle at sharing a disproportionate amount of their revenue with these putzes...

They don't resent having to help small market teams that have maxed out. It the ones who think they're entitled to an ever increasing handout because they've ball-axed everything from FO decisions to revenue generation to marketing strategy...

At least they didn't use this picture.

ohno.jpg

Last edited:
jjl3s6.jpg

Marketing Genius

It is a picture of the Bills punting out of their own end zone in a game that they will eventually lose to the Cleveland Browns 6-3.

That Cleveland game was probably the WORST game I've ever seen play...by both teams on both sides of the ball. Absolutely pathetic. It was actually SO bad that I had a great time watching it. It's a shame somebody has to win games like that. I think it was only the year before that that the Browns beat us during that horrible snowstorm. That was maybe the second worst game I've seen, although the weather played a huge part in that.

Don't worry, we'll be playing the Browns again this year.

I didn't realize how shiny Moorman's knee is, though.

At least they didn't use this picture.

ohno.jpg

Funny you should say that, because the Bills' punt returner fumbled the ball at the end of the Browns game, putting them already well within easy fieldgoal range with the game tied 3-3. That's why we lost THAT game...or should I say "that's why the Browns won?" You'd have to have been there.

lol, being a Bills fan is a rough gig. I couldn't do it. I would have split a long time ago if I were them. They're still a good 2-3 years away from being relevant assuming they can get a QB worth a lick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes