PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Are you in the path of the storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. Like actors and actresses who make their way to Broadway. Or Saudi patients who pay millions to get medical care in Boston.

But you're exactly right. Those southern football teams sure do supply some strong bodies.

Don't be so hard on yourselves. I'm sure you have SOME home grown talent up there. Keep your elderly too while you're at it. We don't need any more people coming to Florida to die. They can feel free to die up there and stop polluting our roads.

Don't be so hard on yourselves. I'm sure you have SOME home grown talent up there. Keep your elderly too while you're at it. We don't need any more people coming to Florida to die. They can feel free to die up there and stop polluting our roads.

In a few years, I FULLY intend to come down there and pollute your roads in time for my 4:30pm suppers.

Or Southern teams winning Super Bowls (1 in the last 19 years).
Actually its 2. TB ('02) and NO ('09). There cold be technicalities as well. Indianapolis ('o6) resides north of the Mason Dixon line, yet plays in the AFC South, while Baltimore ('00, '12) resides south of the line, yet plays in the AFC North.

Actually its 2. TB ('02) and NO ('09). There cold be technicalities as well. Indianapolis ('o6) resides north of the Mason Dixon line, yet plays in the AFC South, while Baltimore ('00, '12) resides south of the line, yet plays in the AFC North.

Indy is a northern rustbelt city, no matter what the NFL wants to say.

Baltimore is a suburb of Philly more than DC.

It's not like I'm some huge fan of Georgia but this irritates me. They almost never get snow so why should they spend lots of money on equipment to deal with it? Why would anyone in Georgia be prepared for something that never happens? It really annoys me when the people of say, Minnesota have a good laugh. Give me a break, like the situations are remotely comparable.
You don't need "tons of money for equipment" to deal with 2 inches of snow. You simply leave the snow alone and it will magically disappear.

Yes, it is laughable seeing people freak out over something so minor. If they got a foot of snow with no highway removal equipment that's a different matter entirely. Otherwise, folks just need to drive s-l-o-w-l-y for a day or so.

Last edited:
Good luck to all who are riding out the storm. May you stay safe and warm, and may you have cable tv by 3:00 p.m. tomorrow.

I am up here in NH where we are better equipped to handle those big nasty storms, but we are only supposed to get a dusting to an inch, much to the chagrin of my ski-loving kids (and all the ski areas in northern NH). The gods' aim was a little off with this one.

Just started here and blowing hard. Headed to the beach to check out the surf.

Yep.... live on Kent Island MD. Have at least 12" on the ground now with light snow still falling. Not as windy as it was earlier through the night. Getting ready to do first round of shoveling, just the walk way from front door of house to driveway. Hired someone to plow the driveway. Back can't take moving all that snow. Oh well, no golfing for a while now! To think I played last Sunday!!

I'm still standin'!

Haven't lost electricity yet. Just woke up and it truly is BEAUTIFUL. White out conditions and windy. The ten Leyland Cypress trees in our front yard are heavily covered and slightly bent but seem to be holding up well - - good thing we had them topped off a bit last spring.

Right now we are in the middle of what is said to be the most intense 12 Hours (midnight to noon) expected of this storm. If we lose electricity, I'll still stay in touch via cellphone.

My boy and I went out last night at 9pm to do a pretty easy shovel of the first 5-6 inches of snow. Did the driveway, front walks, sidewalks, etc. in 45 minutes. Cannot see right now that we made any dent in what is out there now. We'll use the snowblower we share with our neighbor this morning.

Snow is beautiful when its coming down, especially during the night...

The problem is days after when youve shoveled and are left to deal with the mess it makes,and all the traffic that comes with it.

Never forget the "NEMO" blizzard of 2013. Just bought and moved into my house in Medford. Didnt have a snow blower at that time. Literally had to shovel myself out. Took 7 hours. And that was with help of a neighbor that let me use his blower. Fckuin terrible...

O.t. didnt realize so.many Patsfans posters lived in MD!

Almost a foot so far on Long Island, with 12 hours more to come.

Oh, and my snowblower dropped a shear pin... and the new ones don't fit.
headbang.gif
headbang.gif
headbang.gif

Half a snow blower is better than none, though. Good thing I double-stocked on bourbon... and Advil. LOL

My wife is stranded in Washington DC, where she was at a conference. Friday flights, Saturday flights, and most Sunday flights going out are cancelled.

I guess there are worse places to be stranded, though, than at a fancy Hyatt, on your employer's dime. As long as the power stays on, anyway, which I assume it will.

Just back in from the first snowblowing of the day (last night my son and I shoveled the first 5-6 inches). I'd say there was another 14-16 inches there. Forecasts are for another 8-10" in my area the rest of the day;
Blizzard warning updates: Snow continues through the afternoon, winds increasing

With all this, I can't imagine what you Bostonians went through last year - - seriously this is nothing in comparison. And you put on a one million person strong SB Parade 2 days after one of these things.

GREATEST CITY ON EARTH.

You don't need "tons of money for equipment" to deal with 2 inches of snow. You simply leave the snow alone and it will magically disappear.

Yes, it is laughable seeing people freak out over something so minor. If they got a foot of snow with no highway removal equipment that's a different matter entirely. Otherwise, folks just need to drive s-l-o-w-l-y for a day or so.
that means no driving on it.

driving slowly does not help when it has packed to a glaze so slick that you slide downhill when stopped, because gravity exerts more force than tires on ice. I've even had a couple of times when my stopped car slid sideways because of the road surface camber. FYI first of those was in Lexington MA during my three+ decades living in New England.

driving slowly makes no difference in such conditions. Saw them most recently last week, when an inch of untreated snow snarled DC for the evening rush hour. My car was sliding downhill on the driveway in our apartment complex, going five miles an hour with the wheels not turning at all. Driving any slower is called "being parked".

Flurries now south of Boston...haven't even got my snowblower out yet this year. I used a broom on last weeks 3 inch snowfall!

Governor Cuomo just shut down the trains, and issued a travel ban for metro New York as of 2:30pm.

There shall be NO...

escape-from-ny.jpg

Indy is a northern rustbelt city, no matter what the NFL wants to say.

Baltimore is a suburb of Philly more than DC.

Indy had to go into the all-expansion AFCS so that PEDton could be in the playoffs every year. That wasn't going to happen anywhere else.

I think we'll have 35" here in Leesburg VA when all is said and done.

This is one of the reasons I escaped from Boston in the first place. :(

It's not like I'm some huge fan of Georgia but this irritates me. They almost never get snow so why should they spend lots of money on equipment to deal with it? Why would anyone in Georgia be prepared for something that never happens? It really annoys me when the people of say, Minnesota have a good laugh. Give me a break, like the situations are remotely comparable.
Why are you always so right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back