PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Are you in the path of the storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver Spring, in the DC 'burls here. Forecast expects about 28'. so far about an inch down. Weds night we got a dusting to an inch and it was total chaos, no salt down so total gridlock. Can't wait to see how this goes. Metro already announced they are shutting down early this evening, closed Saturday and Sunday. I'm worried about power outages, and travel. Just moved, sharing an apartment with no TV so must get out to a bar or someplace with TV on Sunday. Shmessy or cscirpoli, can I bribe you with some of my home-brewed beer?

LOL, we're north of Olney, but are always the first in our area to lose power. d%#*!@t, I pay our Pepco bill on time! Not only that, but being here in horse country, our street is almost always plowed about 3 days after every storm. As a result, we hoard in preparation. Cocooning because we know we won't be able to get out. If we lose power, at least we'll charge up the cellphones in the van and try to get a livestream.

NYC - bring it on. No alternate side parking next week!?!?

My date is expecting 8-10" tonight but it will probably only be a dusting.

Yeah my date only believed the 8" forecast story once.

I'm not far from 'chick.

Here just north of DC we're expecting anywhere from 20-30 inches. Worst part is it is expected to be wet, heavy snow. Not good. Not good. Oh yeah, and 40-50 mph winds.

It just started 1.5 hours ago and is coming down moderately hard right now.

Ouch!

Hope all you guys ( and ladies) have a snow blower!

I'm FROM Maine, but we're now on Long Guyland, where we're expecting about a foot of snow. So people are treating this like Armageddon and packing the grocery stores. LOL... c'mon, people! Toughen up!

I bought a few shear pins for the snowblower... made up a double batch of chili... and stocked up on brandy and bourbon. We're all set. Heh. ;)

How about you?
I'm from and still in Maine too. Unfortunately, we aren't going to see a flake. I love participating in winter activities and we could really use a good dumping. :mad:

My date is expecting 8-10" tonight but it will probably only be a dusting.

I knew eventually somebody would post a variation on the " how is a snowstorm like sex" joke....

Moved from Nashua, NH to Fredericksburg, VA 6 years ago. Wife wanted to escape winter,lol.
If the Redskins and Seattle had won 2 playoff games the NFC game would be in DC Sunday, or maybe
Tuesday, Wed... kids here won't see a classroom for for a week...at least.

I'm in DC in the heart of it. We've got about 3 inches on the ground now and it is falling hard.
I'm worried about being able to see the game, yes, but honestly more concerned about keeping the mature trees I'm surrounded by from falling on the house. If we can get through with minimal power disruption and no serious damage, it'll be a good weekend.

I have relatives in your area. Does it seem like you lose power more often than the norm and for longer than most???

No, I don't think I've ever lost power. It depends on where you are though, if they are at the end of a power line with trees....well any storm is going to take you out. I live along a major highway, so I'm sure this area is fed from multiple substations

Jersey Shore. 10-15" w/50-60mph winds. Just changed the oil in the generator so I can watch the games if power goes out. Foot+ of wet snow with those winds probably means whole bunch of outages.

Good luck in Denver this Sunday. Hoping for a great game.

Just be happy you don't live in Cape May... they're gettin' screwed.

Voila_Capture-2016-01-22_08-50-34_AM.jpg

Jersey Shore. 10-15" w/50-60mph winds. Just changed the oil in the generator so I can watch the games if power goes out. Foot+ of wet snow with those winds probably means whole bunch of outages.

For all Jets fans:

The Day After Tomorrow.jpg

OK, I just cant take it anymore! Why are so many forummers near me and not in NE? :confused: What is it about Patsfans and the "Dishrick" of Colunbia? :D

Ummmm.......so what channel is that weather forecaster on????

Because it looks like a really good "map". (Not to mention the ummmm.....cloud cover around Cape May).

I'm assuming your last sentence was a double entendre.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference