PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Alfonzo Dennard violates probation, back in jail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized from the article that he's been unemployed this year and the Patriots still didn't bring him in during the CB injury epidemic.

Hopefully he gets treatment. There's clearly a problem there.

Did anyone else notice that the link did not say "Former New England Patriot DB Alfonzo Dennard"?

Sucks to be him. Best of luck to him straightening himself out. As for the Pats, we've moved on. We have the version of Alfonzo Dennard that Alfonzo Dennard was supposed to be: Leonard Johnson.

For five days, FWIW.
I understand that it's not a long stretch but he has been told that if he drinks he violates his parole and he goes to jail.

I'm sorry but that tells me he has problems that go beyond being a garden-variety criminal.

Did anyone else notice that the link did not say "Former New England Patriot DB Alfonzo Dennard"?
He has never played for another team.

It's a Nebraska college football site. So him playing there is more relevant for the site, than him playing for the Pats

I sincerely hope that the few days in jail is the bottoming out that he needs to give him the incentive to deal with his alcoholism. Best wishes!

What a shame! I'll always remember how he flatout jammed torrey smith right at the LOS. Only to see Spikes get exposed in coverage...:confused:

2 thoughts come to mind:

1) Apparently the sentencing judge was bluffing when she promised Dennard time behind bars on a 2nd violation (first was for DUI). Considering the fact that both violations were for alcohol related crimes, you don't see a 3rd chance too often without some type of intervention. 5 days behind bars just isn't going to cut it.

2) I repeat again--It is VERY difficult to fail a test for alcohol, since it's processed at an ounce an hour. You can basically drink 8 beers from the evening until 2 AM and still pass a test around 8-9-10 AM. This means that he was basically intoxicated while giving the test(s) in some capacity. His probation officer obviously isn't showing up at 4:00 in the morning, which means that he could've easily continued to drink had he been slightly more responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick