PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Alex Smith enjoying his first 49ers off-season without a new co-ordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonentity

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
49ERS / 'Alex is the man' as drills begin

Good article on Alex Smith having a good off-season so far. Here's a portion of the article:

49ers quarterback Alex Smith called out the umpteenth play of his football career - Niner, Niner this, Something or Other That - but there was something very different in his voice.

Smith barked the play in the form of a firm answer, and not so much an uncertain question. That's a new one for someone who has spent every offseason of his NFL life learning a new offense and its foreign language and numerical system.

So if it looked and sounded like Smith knew what he was doing out there Monday on the first day of organized team activities, it's because, for once, he actually did.

I've always liked the Niners. Never been a huge fan of them taking Smith, but if he were to ever get it done, this would be the year.

If he doesn't, then no more "Alexcuses" and they can move on.

Yea me also. Mainly because my wife is a 49ers fan. Singletary had an outstanding draft. Good article on there OT depth.
San Francisco 49ers Team Report - USATODAY.com

Im also not looking forward to playing against a Gore/Dixon backfield and that defense. PW a great MLB.

Greetings,
I have a feeling that this is the year Smith has a season at ALMOST a Pro Bowl level, not an elite level. He finally has continuity with a coordinator, one of the Top TE's in the game, a much improved WR corps, and one of the top RB's in the NFC. There should be no excuse whatsoever if he has a bad year.
Peace,
Celticboy04

Greetings,
I have a feeling that this is the year Smith has a season at ALMOST a Pro Bowl level, not an elite level. He finally has continuity with a coordinator, one of the Top TE's in the game, a much improved WR corps, and one of the top RB's in the NFC. There should be no excuse whatsoever if he has a bad year.
Peace,
Celticboy04

When does he plan to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore