PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Alarming article about football and brain injuries...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyFTW!

Goodell sucks
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm no Peter King fan (I think he's a sanctimonious jackass, basically), but I do like that he seems pretty intent on keeping a couple of important issues in the public discourse. He linked to this article in MMQB:

Football, dogfighting, and brain damage : The New Yorker

IMO, every football fan needs to read this, and think long and hard about it before they call an NFL player "soft". The post-NFL statistics about these guys' health are alarming on every level, but this might be the worst that I've read about.

Last edited:
I'm no Peter King fan (I think he's a sanctimonious jackass, basically), but I do like that he seems pretty intent on keeping a couple of important issues in the public discourse. He linked to this article in MMQB:

Football, dogfighting, and brain damage : The New Yorker

IMO, every football fan needs to read this, and think long and hard about it before they call an NFL player "soft". The post-NFL statistics about these guys' health are alarming on every level, but this might be the worst that I've read about.

I think part of the problem is actually highlighted in the picture, the use of helmets in tackles. It's like boxing, the protective equipment actually causes more harm as they punch the head more rather than the body in bare knuckle.

I know they are totally different games but you would never see a rugby player lead with his head into a tackle like you see so many football players do, as he doesn't have the same protection. They don't duck into tackles in the same way.

Not suggesting a removal of helmets, suggesting a different approach to tackling

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call