PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: 790 "The Score" Folds Their Tent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped listened after they dropped Colletta, this station has been going downhill for a long time now..

I used to love Coach Colletta he was 100% down to earth and 0% spin. A real throwback kind of honesty that was so refreshing. He was a bit Howdy Doody at times but it was the morning show so it was all good. Then they went to Gresh ... the nail was in the coffin right there.

I've only seen Gresh on that CSN show with those other two morons...and I can't stand him. There are many posters here with more football knowledge.

Before WEEI was in RI they had a pick the score contest ... NFL. It was Kordishi, Jerky Red, Gresh and some other dude. Now here's Gresh the supposed football exit ... 2 years in a row he finishes last ... :rofl:.

As a fill in host on ESPN Andy's on his best behavior. As a co-host or guest on local stations he's like Borges on crack only less insightful. I've never understood how radio and TV sports station managers quantify "talent". Other than believing a pissed off audience is better than none at all maybe... Gresh is a slobbering egomaniacal load built for nitwit sports radio only who thinks he knows it all.

One of the things I resent about guys like him getting on air opportunities is the effect working with them has on others. Smashmouth screamers beget more of the same. Years ago I used to listen to DeOssie when early in his mediot career he co hosted a weekly 4 hour show called Sunday Sports Page on WBZ. Left to his own devices, and absent politics, he is knowledgeable, articulate, thoughtful and insightful. Pair him with Fred and Pete and....you get less and less of that.

Even right wing wacko homer that he is, I enjoy watching Fred spar with Borges when they are paired up with a lightweight like Amorosino on Channel 7's Sports Extra because he puts Ron on notice and it shows. And Steve is still my favorite foil when Felger is on with Lobel because he routinely cuffs Felgie in mid rant and tells him to STFU because he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Unfortunately sports radio producers seem to put a lot more stock in entertainment value than actual rational sports talk. Apparently the target demographic is to blame, and we see more and more of that demographic here these days too.

That was one fine post ... take a bow Mo!!! :cool2:

That annoying jerk was Amy Lawrence...she's ESPN or Fox now.

I had my own nickname for Gresh that used to grind his gears...Blabba the Gutt...he's a real mouthbreather...carried a 2.0 GPA at URI for 4 years...his wife is a fat slob and his younger brother, the one with the brains and the uncrossed eyes, lives far away in another state.

Gresh single handedly ruined the SCORE IMO

Good post; made me laugh.

I only used to listen to this station for the Jim Rome show during my college days. Gresh was annoying and seemed like an awful Steelers homer. Unlike EEI during the morning drive, it was sports talk until they put Opie and Anthony and not all Sox and politics talk like EEI's morning guys, which was good until I got the XM radio and had other options through them.

According to the Inside Track in the Herald:

Another scenario being bandied about has ’BCN tanking morning morons “Opie & Anthony” (not to mention most of its rock format), moving afternoon men “Toucher & Rich” into their slot and sliding “Gresh and Zo” into afternoon drive. Against WEEI’s “The Big Show???”

http://www.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1079662&srvc=home&position=2

I'd love to see this. T&R on BCN are always trash talking Greg Hill on WAAF, I can just imagine if they were going head to head.

I liked listening to Gresh and Zo when I got the chance. Gresh annoys the hell outta me, but I also get a kick out of him because he is such an idiot.

Last edited:
That annoying jerk was Amy Lawrence...she's ESPN or Fox now.

I had my own nickname for Gresh that used to grind his gears...Blabba the Gutt...he's a real mouthbreather...carried a 2.0 GPA at URI for 4 years...his wife is a fat slob and his younger brother, the one with the brains and the uncrossed eyes, lives far away in another state.

Gresh single handedly ruined the SCORE IMO

So that is what happened to her, wonder if she is still doing NASCAR Tuesday... Gresh is a fool, tries to bring the sleaze factor into sports.. Zolak is boring, hate to think who will replace Capelletti and Santos.. for many years they brought the Patriots to me when I used to work on Sundays and the games were blacked out.

I never liked Gresh's LCD approach. Maybe with a straight guy he could be OK, but with Zolak, they were both playing the ex-jock foolish kinda guy. They were just screaming out (literally) for a straight guy, and he never arrived. Oh well. I like Zolak, I think Gresh is a fat stooge.

I wonder what positions Zolak may have his eye on now.

I like Gresh - I guess I'm one of few :D

Well, you're not the only one. I liked Gresh also and thought he made more sense than the other talking heads in New England.

What do I know, I'm a homer, I drink the kool aid.

Before WEEI was in RI they had a pick the score contest ... NFL. It was Kordishi, Jerky Red, Gresh and some other dude. Now here's Gresh the supposed football exit ... 2 years in a row he finishes last ... :rofl:.
There was also Joe Sixpack.

I liked Gresh and Zo at least they offered an alternative to WEEI. I particularly like it when they talked about the NFL draft. As far as interviews with Belichick on WEEI I have never heard anything new in any Belichick interview. If you heard one you heard them all: we're just focusing on the next game, it's a league decision, it was a game time decision. all four phases of the game etal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call