PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Opinions on Felger and Fauria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inform and entertain is the only way you can attract an audience. You hope the personalities are equally as compelling as they are infuriating.
So, you too feel that infuriating the fans is a good thing?* That's interesting.

Thanks for all the comments.

I hear you all on the negativity. That said we are never going to do a show without criticism. I know you know that and for whatever reason the contributors to this space see Felger as more caustic than authentic.

To the contributor who said I wasn't giving fans credit, I would beg to differ. If anything Felger is authentic and let's be honest, he has had success in the market. Is it luck that the week after his show ends on ESPN he pops up on WEEI? I think not.

What do you guys think about the mix of Felger and Tanguay. Both will be very active in our Pats coverage.
With all due respect (and I mean that), if you are permanently hitching your wagon to Felger and Tanguay, then you are seriously misreading the collective IQ of this area's sports fans. Their act is so obviously contrived it borders on being humiliating. The vaudeville routine is apparent to even the most obtuse of us (yours truly, at times): Felger the contrarian who sees negativity everywhere, along with Tanguay (aka Chicken Little) who is convinced that every upcoming turn of events portends the end of the world. Don't even get me started on that buffoon Gresh, whose vulgar, blowhard act is downright embarrassing. Please don't misunderstand. All I'm looking for is real football reporting. Want an example? Tune in to Sirius NFL Radio channel 124 sometime and listen to the "Movin' the Chains" (usually from 3:00-7:00 p.m.)show with Pat Kirwin (former NFL front office executive, coach and scout) and Tim Ryan (former NFL player and currently a broadcaster on Fox NFL games). I promise you that after you listen to them for 15 minutes and make an honest comparison to Felger and Tanguay, you'll be red-faced. If not, well, then I guess in the long run, we all get what we really deserve...

Going forward - yes we are already invested in Felger and the point of my post was not to get fan approval, but get fan feedback. I value all of it - positive and negative.

That's really disappointing to hear. For what it's worth, here is my feedback: I am not watching or listening to anything that involves Felger. I know that there are many more like me. It is amazing that you choose to ruin your business like that.

Felger is on the show and on NEST and I don't see that changing. so the options are:

1.Don't watch the show because you can't stand Felger, or

2. Watch the show because it's about the Patriots and you may learn something about them along the way that you don't know now.

Yes, unfortunately those are the only choices. I went with option 1. I stopped watching NEST a while ago, when Felger became a regular there. I stopped listening to ESPN 890 when Felger teamed up with Borges there. I heard Felger a couple of days in a row on WEEI, so I am not tuning to it for the time being (I'll check again in a few weeks to make a final decision). I despise that pompous self-promoter (Borges too) with a passion. When I want to hear Pats haters, I go to the Bills/Jets/Chargers message boards. At least those guys are honest.

I watched a little more of it this moring as it was on at 6AM. Liked the interview with Koppen. Fauria did add some insider things and I look forward to more.

Fuaria sounds like a homer, which I really like.

I watched too and despite Felger, I'll continue to watch all camp segments.

Fauria IS a homer, he's also HOT:p but aside from that, he brought some pretty good observations on the TE's and Thomas in particular. With the WR corp we now have, he's calling for more of a blocking TE which makes sense.

Also of note, Bert Breer's in da house which is interesting ;)

I'm looking forward to their next segment actually! Honestly, even for the haters, just ignore Felger and enjoy the camp show guests. He's just a prop anyway and he's damn lucky Tedy B gave him his time.

Tanguay hosted the architect (or a rep-I didn't catch the intro) of Patriot Place who not only gave us a mini tour but also added some new info about what's coming to not only the Hall but the CBS complex as well.

Overall I'm not a big fan of Sports Tonight or their usual guests but the Pats Camp segments are looking really good so far, thanks to guests like Fauria and Breer.

( I didn't get thru the whole thread so sorry if I'm being repetitive, but the site is really slow for me and it keeps hanging, then going blank).

For all the Felger haters here, I thought I'd share this with you from PFW.

As much as I dislike Felger, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit with the thought of what that must have been like.

So, you too feel that infuriating the fans is a good thing?* That's interesting.

The majority of fans are not infuriated by Felger....Maybe the hard core fans. The fact you are talking about him right now, has shown he is effective.

His show will get new people watching, just to see what he says next. Also, people who hate him will tune in, to see what dumb comment he will make next.

Haha, you have no clue what your talking about do you? Companys like ESPN are at an all time high right now. Huge audience, content that keeps average fans coming back ( I hate it) and a brilliant self promotion plan..

As an advertiser, or a media buyer, you buy espn all day if you are after 25 - 54 year old males nationally.Its all about the $$$$ companies dont give two ****s about us purists, because the purists aren't the ones running out to buy (insert product) after they see the add on ESPN.

You are not an average fan. Average fans have no idea regarding the insight you have when you listen to a person talk about the pats, and the average fan is the one who has the largest share of the spending power.

As a whole, sports networks are booming!

What are you talking about? I said I'm not going to watch it, not that no one will watch any entertainment sports program. Do I need to add "IMO" after each sentence?

Going forward - yes we are already invested in Felger and the point of my post was not to get fan approval, but get fan feedback.

Ah, gotcha. So this entire thread was just a cleverly crafted bit of advertising to raise fan awareness of the new show and generate a little online buzz. And the community here fell for the idea that you actually wanted input and gave you pages of it. I have to hand it to you, you're good at your job.

So now I'd like to get a little "fan feedback" on the idea of deleting this whole thread as as a commercial PR campaign. Anybody?

Ah, gotcha. So this entire thread was just a cleverly crafted bit of advertising to raise fan awareness of the new show and generate a little online buzz. And the community here fell for the idea that you actually wanted input and gave you pages of it. I have to hand it to you, you're good at your job.

So now I'd like to get a little "fan feedback" on the idea of deleting this whole thread as as a commercial PR campaign. Anybody?
Not a bad idea....but VERY PR..I agree...ask for input that you really don't CARE at all about...claim that..but it's really hyping a show..with a miserable host.. (I did watch some of it..but really..it's not that top notch at all...maybe contact the sponders as some have suggested...) Maybe delete this thread as one large PR stunt..

Definitely know that this opinion is not isolated to this site.

Thanks for the input on the players - past and present.

If I'm allowed to resurrect an old thread, I've thought of someone who would be REALLY good to have on a program on the Pats: Ross Tucker. Tucker was an offensive lineman in the NFL, knocked around the league as a back-up/special teamer (including time on the Patriots) before retiring early through injury. He certainly isn't a Patriots cheerleader, but he looks at the NFL a bit more deeply than the average ex-player.

Inform and entertain is the only way you can attract an audience. You hope the personalities are equally as compelling as they are infuriating.
Sounds like you and Felger deserve each other. I hope your boss reads this thread (Patchick, I understand your sentiment, but that's one reason not to delete it) so he or she can see the fine job you're doing at attracting and keeping the opinion leaders in your audience.

If I'm allowed to resurrect an old thread, I've thought of someone who would be REALLY good to have on a program on the Pats: Ross Tucker. Tucker was an offensive lineman in the NFL, knocked around the league as a back-up/special teamer (including time on the Patriots) before retiring early through injury. He certainly isn't a Patriots cheerleader, but he looks at the NFL a bit more deeply than the average ex-player.

A big No to Ross Tucker from me. Didn't he snitch a few weeks ago on the Pats' alleged IR manipulations while he was here in '05/'06?

There are so many thoughtful, classy former Pats who still live in NE from whom to choose, I'm dismayed that they're not used more than they are.

I ended up watching 3 of the telecasts I'd TiVoed. Here's my take. When Felger tried to be an interviewer he asked questions HE thought were challenging but were simply annoying, case in point the 400th SB rehash with Rodney. Harrison's body language reflected an intense disdain; he was there because management made the player be there. That aside, Felger makes an excellent host, master of ceremonies guy. He has a good presence and style. Were he the main 'face' and host with others interviewing the players and delivering their considered opinions even contrarian ones, and Felgie not pathetically trying to be controversial, it would be palatable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News