PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Opinion: Bring back Reche "Bug Eyes" Caldwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he dropped one pass that ended up not even making a difference? And again, we wouldn't be bringing him back as our #1 option, but likely our #4 and as insurance for CJax's development.
Actually, he dropped two passes that game.

Actually, he dropped two passes that game.

yeah but one of those drops doesn't contribute to his sucking because Gaffney made the catch of his life to score a touchdown.:rolleyes:

damn i love it how Caldwell and Gaffney split this board in half before this season. I've never seen any discussion so 50/50 on here.

Bump for discussion...sick of spygate.

There's a reason why Gaffney didn't make any kind of an impact before he came to the Pats. Unless you have a really accurate QB who can hit him in stride, he's not very good. His skills are perfect for catching Brady's passes- he runs precise routes and has great hands. Any QB that doesn't have the accuracy to hit him precisely nullifies his route-running strength and further exposes the fact that he's not very fast. Gaffney's great for us, but any team that wants to pay him starter money is going to learn the same lesson that the Titans and Seahawks already did- Brady makes WRs look a whole lot better than Team X's ****ty quarterback will.

So yeah, for clarification, I don't see anyone giving Gaffney starter money. If someone does, I have no problem with Reche coming back on a short-term contract, either. Sure, he made a crucial, season-ending mistake, but so did Brady and Brown the year before in the Broncos game. It happens, and his career isn't suddenly worthless because he dropped one ball.

Last edited:
Keegs gets his panties in a bunch as the expression goes if we talk about cadwell.

i would not mind him being the no 3 or we develop the rookie WR we are going to pickup this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft