PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Online Petitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I'll take a look at it. Looks really good so far. Did you just come up with that dude?

Any ideas for what to name our facebook group?

Yep that was a 10 minute quick draft. Figured I'd throw some poo on the wall and see of it sticks.

Brady's Avengers? Lol

NFL Fans For Change might be okay. Let's get some more ideas flowing.

NFL Fans For Change might be okay.

Mind if I do some critiquing?

Warning: Going into "as.shole" mode

NFL Fans For Change

Not a bad idea. But I wouldn't want to affiliate ourselves too closely with the NFL, considering how corrupt it's become. In fact, if I were going to name our group, I'd want to entirely remove the word "NFL" and just refer to ourselves as "fans"

"Change" is a profound word, and when used in the right context, can be effective. These days though, it tends to be overused. Plus, it's important to specify what what kinda "change" we want. After all, we're not trying to solve world hunger? Are we? :p

Last edited:
Server's fuc.ked....AGAIN

Mind if I do some critiquing?

Warning: Going into "as.shole" mode

NFL Fans For Change

Not a bad idea. But I wouldn't want to affiliate ourselves too closely with the NFL, considering how corrupt it's become. In fact, if I were going to name our group, I'd want to entirely remove the word "NFL" and just refer to ourselves as "fans"

"Change" is a profound word, and when used in the right context, can be effective. These days though, it tends to be overused. Plus, it's important to specify what what kinda "change" we want. After all, we're not trying to solve world hunger? Are we? :p

True. Scratch NFL. I stink at names. Really do. So Fans past the Brink? Nah sounds like a armored truck.

True. Scratch NFL. I stink at names. Really do. So Fans past the Brink? Nah sounds like a armored truck.

Let's try this....what are we "fans" looking for, from the NFL, their corporate sponsors, and our elected officials? What's the first word that comes to your mind?

I f-ing missed this! Holy Crap, Stradley has it? Yowsas!

Yeah, I tweeted her, Chatham, and rich hill
But I forgot hill might be on vacation
Oh, and maybe Bruce allen

@Dr Pain @ViperGTS I'm considering adding Senator Elizabeth Warren as one of the recipients along with Maura Healey. How do you feel about that?
I think I would remove Warren and change it to Members of Congress representing Massachusetts. Congress includes both the house and senate and to be honest Warren will never do anything in my opinion but a congressman I know may. I don't know Markey and he doesn't really even live in Massachusetts though perhaps doing this would show he has some Mass pride. I may know more soon on the congressman as it will be brought up.

Maura Healey is still correct to individually include because the real basis of the concern is that the NFL tried to fix the Super Bowl. This is a criminal concern as billions are bet on the game. As AG she should be concerned about a potential criminal act done in Massachusetts involving gambling.

I think I would remove Warren and change it to Members of Congress representing Massachusetts. Congress includes both the house and senate and to be honest Warren will never do anything in my opinion but a congressman I know may. I don't know Markey and he doesn't really even live in Massachusetts though perhaps doing this would show he has some Mass pride. I may know more soon on the congressman as it will be brought up.

Maura Healey is still correct to individually include because the real basis of the concern is that the NFL tried to fix the Super Bowl. This is a criminal concern as billions are bet on the game. As AG she should be concerned about a potential criminal act done in Massachusetts involving gambling.

This makes sense. Really does. So I would do what Dr. Pain suggested.

This is a fluid situation, and as such we must adapt as we have been doing, quite successfully so far I might add.

Dude...I didn't even see that. That's sweet!!!

Okay. We DEFINITELY need to get our own facebook group. People are going to want to know who we are.

We will have something tomorrow. Do we want a group, or a page where anyone can post? Gotta get the name as well nailed down.

I would also figure out who we want as admins.

Finally, when do we break away from patsfans.com? I don't want Ian or anyone who generously hosts this site to become targets or whatnot. Maybe I'm off base with that.

That's more like it :D So let's see if we can tie that into your mission statement.

Honesty is an individual trait..... when we try to apply "honesty" to companies, corporations, and government....we get words like accountability, service, and reliability. It might be too much to ask for our leaders to be entirely "honest," but we sure as hell ask for them to serve our interest and recognize our needs. We expect them to be reliable and remain accountable to us, since we are the ones who elect them and sustain their profit.

Now can you give 3 possible suggestions based on that^^ and your mission statement?

We will have something tomorrow. Do we want a group, or a page where anyone can post? Gotta get the name as well nailed down.

I would also figure out who we want as admins.

Finally, when do we break away from patsfans.com? I don't want Ian or anyone who generously hosts this site to become targets or whatnot. Maybe I'm off base with that.

You wanna try and get something up by tomorrow night?

That's more like it :D So let's see if we can tie that into your mission statement.

Honesty is an individual trait..... when we try to apply "honesty" to companies, corporations, and government....we get words like accountability, service, and reliability. It might be too much to ask for our leaders to be entirely "honest," but we sure as hell ask for them to serve our interest and recognize our needs. We expect them to be reliable and remain accountable to us, since we are the ones who elect them and sustain their profit.

Now can you give 3 possible suggestions based on that^^ and your mission statement?

We will have a Facebook page tomorrow. Like I asked do we want a page, or a group? I say page because group will require adding possibly thousands of people manually.

I'm burnt on brain power for the evening. I'll think some and see what we can come up with.

How did Senator Arlen Specter becoming involved with the videotaping scandal in 2007?

You raise good points. We need to hammer out a political strategy. How soon should we try and do that?

For now, I'm taking a broad enough to encompass all the major elected officials including the Attorney General.

Petitioning The United States Congress and the The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Sen. Ed Markey, Congressional Representatives, Attorney General Maura Healey

We urge Attorney General Healey, Senator Warren, Senator Markey, and the nine Congressional representatives of Massachusetts, to contact the NFL and determine (1) how such a falsified letter came to be (2) and assess if there was any deliberate attempt to influence the outcome of the Super Bowl. With legalized gambling on the way in Massachusetts, we cannot afford to allow activities such as this to go unexplained. We are certain that the electorate would be forever grateful for any clarity you can bring to the situation brought upon by the NFL.

@ViperGTS I say go for a page!!!!

Facebook Pages
  • Privacy: Page information and posts are public and generally available to everyone on Facebook.
  • Audience: Anyone can like a Page to connect with it and get News Feed updates. There is no limit to how many people can like a Page.
  • Communication: People who help manage a Page can publish posts as the Page. Page posts can appear in the News Feeds of people who like the Page. Page owners can also create customized apps for their Page and check Page Insights to track the Page's growth and activity.

Change to

"Petitioning the United States Congress and Commonwealth of Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Sen. Ed Markey, Congressional Representatives and Attorney General Maura Healey"

FYI I will be on travel in Europe and Asia for 3 weeks in a few days to quite a few places with extremely limited internet so I will be missing most of the time. Very impressive so far. On Monday assuming no crazy sports stories or world events, I recommend a full blown twitter offensive from every Patsfan you can get on it.

I have been dealing with the press for decades and what you basically have to do with 95% is hand them the story on the silver platter, do as much of the thinking and research for them as is practical. I am impressed with Florio as he seems to have seen the light based on looking at things himself.

Look what the NFL did with the Wells report. Most of the press never read past the summary. Keep the focus on tampering with the Patriots SB prep, perhaps someone bet big at the beginning of the year on Seattle repeating. It could explain what happened until the NFL gives a compelling alternate explanation. How can anyone allow false information like that to be provided when any reasonable person would see it would interfere with Patriots SB prep. Hit them with the petition and follow up with the Florio interview which was brilliant. On any facebook page I would have the Florio interview front and center.

At this point I think I am comfortable sharing the thing I heard before the Brady hearing but held back. A list was compiled from Wells' law firm public web site of every email address for every lawyer at the firm, not by me but by the firm itself, http://www.paulweiss.com/professionalsearchresult.aspx?all=all and there are almost 800 of them. It is rumored that a reporter contacted them all or some significant portion the night before the Brady appeal and asked them questions having to do with the Wells report and if anyone or firm was consulted prior to and besides Exponent for the science and if their analysis, opinion or review was not put in the Wells report. I would imagine that it is just a matter of time until more info on what went on inside the creation of the Wells Report comes out slowly. With a staff that large it is inevitable that someone will have an axe to grind etc.. One can only imagine how Mr Wells would have reacted to this inquiry on the eve of the Brady appeal though I am certain he is fully capable of dealing with press and was not the least flustered by it.

It would certainly be interesting if it came to pass that sources other than Exponent were consulted and/or utilized but their data and findings were not used in the final Wells report for some reason. I for one could not help but note that Appendix 1, the Exponent report starting on page 146 of the Wells report, was dated on May 6, the same date as the Wells report itself. If I were writing a final report based on reports submitted to me, I would expect them to have different dates. I guess these folks are just so good they could digest the Exponent report and write the 145 page Wells report on the same day. I would have needed far more time to put this together.

Are we to believe that the Wells report was written the same day they received the Exponent report? I am sure it is nothing and they are just that good and there were no other scientific sources consulted prior to Exponent and that no contradictory scientific findings were withheld from the Wells report which could have come in in the MONTHS before May 6th. I am certain that these folks would never have discarded information contradicting their theory and then gone and hired a scientific hired gun to deliver what they wanted but failed to obtain from previous sources. That would be as unethical as giving the accused false information and in court, you can be sure that the question on who else they used would be asked :)

Oh just ignore this story http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/28/s...st-over-patriots-deflated-footballs.html?_r=0
"A law firm hired by the N.F.L. to investigate footballs used by the New England Patriots has formally asked the Columbia University physics department for help in understanding how weather and temperature could affect the pressure in footballs, according to a summary of the communication obtained by The New York Times." The NFL never received info from any other source than Exponent I am sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back