PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Online Petitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see. We have this problem - can't get from here to there. How about government intervention? We can build a road that way!

Let's see. We have this problem - buildings keep burning down. Hey, how about a government fire department?

Let's see....

Let's see, we have roads that don't need to be repaired but we'll repair them anyway to justify the annual budget.

But I'm talking about intervention from the Federal government. Probably 99.99999999999% of the things our civilization truly needs that can't be serviced by the private sector can be handled by local government.

But, let's stay focused on destroying the NFL. I think the Feds are perfect for that job.

Is this strictly for Massachusetts residents? I lived for a short time in Boston but I don't even live in the States, but I buy (or used to) NFL licensed products and I have been signing the NFL Game Pass for the past 5 years. I'm thinking about signing the petition going on the route that I no longer trust in the NFL delivering a honest product.

If we go that route folks around the world who also sign the NFL Game Pass can also sign, but before I sign I would like to hear some opinions if this is reasonable or kind of deviate from the original purpose, that is the Attorney looking for a fraud that happened in MA.

Also I'm gonna send the link for my former teacher, he is from Providence and certainly know some people that would sign this.

I just took out $30 in targeted Facebook adds targeting men in Massachusetts who like the New England Patriots. Also people are doing other things on the weekend. No worries

If we go that route folks around the world who also sign the NFL Game Pass can also sign, but before I sign I would like to hear some opinions if this is reasonable or kind of deviate from the original purpose, that is the Attorney looking for a fraud that happened in MA.

Good question. @Dr Pain was the one who came up with the idea of a letter to the State DA. He's probably the best to answer your question.

Go for it! Moonbats love government intervention. I'd love to see the NFL lose their anti-trust exemption status over this.

Not that government intervention ever solves any problem but, if it burns the NFL to the ground, I'm all for it.

Did you just say "Moonbats"? off to the political forum this thread goes! ;)

I just took out $30 in targeted Facebook adds targeting men in Massachusetts who like the New England Patriots. Also people are doing other things on the weekend. No worries

Awesome. I will look into a Facebook page tonight. At least get a rough idea of it. We are at 651 w/o having any real visibility. I'm extremely impressed and we will get this one done.

Is this strictly for Massachusetts residents? I lived for a short time in Boston but I don't even live in the States, but I buy (or used to) NFL licensed products and I have been signing the NFL Game Pass for the past 5 years. I'm thinking about signing the petition going on the route that I no longer trust in the NFL delivering a honest product.

Also I'm gonna send the link for my former teacher, he is from Providence and certainly know some people that would sign this.

It is for everyone. No matter if you live in Mass or not. It may get national and then it will possibly take off in other states and then they can get together and figure out how to attack it.

@Dr Pain @ViperGTS I'm considering adding Senator Elizabeth Warren as one of the recipients along with Maura Healey. How do you feel about that?

@Dr Pain @ViperGTS I'm considering adding Senator Elizabeth Warren as one of the recipients along with Maura Healey. How do you feel about that?

Not sure. We need some massive signatures for a Senator to move on it. Let's see how it goes once it's "released to the hounds" and go from there. I'd say at least 100,000 plus signatures for a Senator.

Not sure. We need some massive signatures for a Senator to move on it. Let's see how it goes once it's "released to the hounds" and go from there. I'd say at least 100,000 plus signatures for a Senator.

That's not really what I meant. I want to make the Senator one of the people we address the letter to, in addition to the State Attorney General.

I love the idea of Roger Goodell being brought before a Senate hearing! :D

That's not really what I meant. I want to make the Senator one of the people we address the letter to, in addition to the State Attorney General.

I love the idea of Roger Goodell being brought before a Senate hearing! :D

Ahhh. I see. Yes, I would like that too. Go for it, it cannot hurt then. Get both the State and US Senate involved. Goodell would collapse like a deck of cards in front of panel.

Facebook ads ran for an hour then facebook shut them down. I just got in assuming the worse but the reason why was the image in the ad was the one with the florio quote and they said that the images can't have that much text. I will look at it tomorrow again as I need a different image. I will redo it tomorrow. I spent 97 cents on almost 500 images and 2 clicks before they shut it down. I will reset it up and now that the image is roger it should be fine

Awesome. I will look into a Facebook page tonight. At least get a rough idea of it. We are at 651 w/o having any real visibility. I'm extremely impressed and we will get this one done.
If you get the facebook page let me know and I will point the ad there

@ViperGTS @Dr Pain It's amazing that even without twitter, we have over 700 signatures! Congratulations guys.

This would be a good time to promote ourselves as a facebook group.

It would help us to have a mission statement. I can start drafting that. In the meantime, wanna come up with a group name?

My personal opinion....I'm not for describing ourselves as being strictly Pats fans. We should be inclusive of other teams and fans who feel Kim Jong Goodell is corrupt.

So here's what I've come up with so far for names:

Team Truth
Fans For Fairness
More Than Footballs
Fans United For Accountability
Fans United For Truth

Thoughts?

If you get the facebook page let me know and I will point the ad there

It will be tonight or tomorrow, got some stuff going on tonight but I will poke around with a framework. The GF is good with stuff like that so I may put it on her :D

@Chiuba E. Obele

Mission Statement.

All National Football League fans who spend hard earned dollars on tickets, memorabilia, and memories, should be outraged by the current NFL leaderships' malfeasance. This is supposed to be about sport, the teams and it's players, not the Commisioners Office. For too long Commissioner Rodger Goodell has dominated the NFL landscape taking away from what the fans pay to enjoy. The product ON the field, not in the NFL offices on Madison Ave.

Therefore it is upon us as fans to use our voices to enable change. We have the control, and the NFL needs to understand that. We have gross missteps taken in the Saints Bountygate scandal, the fumbling of the Ray Rice case, and now the attack on the New England Patriots and Tom Brady. Investigations have been funded that always find in the favor of the NFL, and never in favor of the teams it investigates.

We as fans need to show our elected officials that this will not be tolerated. The NFL Offices need to be investigated. We as fans are not looking at a lawsuit, more to encourage our elected officials to do what is needed to be done. If not, the product on the field will be one that is completely preconceived, vs random as any athletic event should be.

My take. Like the D of I, change what you feel and add what you may want to.

Last edited:
@Chiuba E. Obele

Mission Statement.

All National Football League fans who spend hard earned dollars on tickets, memorabilia, and memories, should be outraged by the current NFL leaderships' malfeasance. This is supposed to be about sport, the teams and it's players, not the Commisioners Office. For too long Commissioner Rodger Goodell has dominated the NFL landscape taking away from what the fans pay to enjoy. The product ON the field, not in the NFL offices on Madison Ave.

Therefore it is upon us as fans to use our voices to enable change. We have the control, and the NFL needs to understand that. We have gross missteps taken in the Saints Bountygate scandal, the fumbling of the Ray Rice case, and now the attack on the New England Patriots and Tom Brady. Investigations have been funded that always find in the favor of the NFL, and never in favor of the teams it investigates.

We as fans need to show our elected officials that this will not be tolerated. The NFL Offices need to be investigated. We as fans are not looking at a lawsuit, more to encourage our elected officials to do what is needed to be done. If not, the product on the field will be one that is completely preconceived, vs random ashy athletic event should be.

My take. Like the D of I, change what you feel and add what you may want to.

Thanks. I'll take a look at it. Looks really good so far. Did you just come up with that dude?

Any ideas for what to name our facebook group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back